Are you familiar with the Big Five personality traits? It is a personality test framework that is scientifically valid and that assesses your personality across five dimensions. The areas the Big Five tests are openness to experience, agreeableness, conscientiousness, extraversion, and neuroticism. It’s a very comprehensive framework!
Let’s dig a little deeper into the Big Five works. Here are how all the elements break down:
- Openness to experience – This is just how it sounds, as the Big Five measures how open you are to the world around you. How curious are you and how much openness do you have to new ideas? Do you appreciate art? Do you strive to live a life of adventure? These are the things the Big Five is looking at when it comes to openness.
- Agreeableness – Agreeableness is all about how well you get along with others. Do you like to collaborate and cooperate? Are you trusting? Agreeable people tend to be more helpful and even-tempered, while disagreeable people are more competitive and likely to challenge others.
- Conscientiousness – Conscientiousness is a proxy for how dependable and self-disciplined you are. Do you set goals and meet them? People high in conscientiousness tend to be planners while people low in this trait are more spontaneous and flexible.
- Extroversion – Those with extrovert traits are more social and energetic, seeking out the company of others. Do social situations energize you or drain you? People with high extroversion can be seen as attention seeking while those with low extroversion are perceived as aloof.
- Neuroticism – Neuroticism simply means that someone is more prone to psychological stress. This is perhaps the most important personality factor because it correlates with how susceptible to depression, anxiety, and anger you are.
Ready to dive into your own big five? Take the tests below:
The Five Factor Personality Test – How do you score on each of the five factors? Take this quiz to see if you are high or low for openness, agreeableness, conscientiousness, extroversion, and neuroticism.
Which of the Big Five Personality Traits Are You? – Which Big Five trait is dominant for you? This isn’t the way this framework is usually used, but I thought this quiz would be a fun twist on things! Are you more open or agreeable? Take this test to find out.
How Neurotic Are You? – Do you get stressed out easily? This quiz will let you know how resilient you are to life’s woes. Find out if you have high or low neuroticism with this test.
How Conscientious Are You? – Are you the type of person who checks off everything on your to do list? Or are you more the type to not even make a list in the first place? This quiz will show you how dependable you are.
How Open to Experiences Are You? – Are you always seeking novelty in your life? Find out of you are curious and open to the world or stuck in your ways. This quiz will accurately gauge your openness.
How Agreeable Are You? – Do you get along with other people? Some of us naturally cooperate, while some of us (ahem) are more likely to insist on doing our own thing. This quiz will show you if you’re more of the agreeable or disagreeable type.
How Extroverted Are You? – Are you a people person? This quiz will let you know if you take charge in social situation or prefer to fly solo.