Is everyone having a good summer so far? I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how lovely my summer has been. Texas isn’t exactly known for its beautiful summers, but this summer has been pretty mild by our standards. Any summer where a breezy morning or evening walk is all that I can ask for. Plus, it’s even been nice enough for me to garden without having to water my plants four times a day. I’ve got a great collection of basil growing, which is great for those light summer pasta dishes 🙂
Many of you have expressed to me that summer isn’t exactly your favorite season, and I can see why. We more serious types love the coziness and quiet of fall and winter. This summer, I’ve tried to make things more manageable by trying to find some of that coziness wherever I can. Instead of cozying up with a blanket and a book, I lay out under my ceiling fan with my reading. (Current choice – A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.) I’ve also made my summer a bit more fun by embracing some new summery traditions. For example, I love having a bit of watermelon with my breakfast!
Whether you love summer or simply think it’s okay, I hope you enjoy this image quiz of relaxing summer scenes: The Summer Test. Let me know what you get, and how your summer has been going.
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on The Summer Test? Is it true for you?
- How has your summer been so far? Would you rate it as average, above average, or below average?
- What has been your highlight of the summer? Or what will you miss most when summer is over?
- What are you looking forward to most this autumn?
- Take What’s Your Summer Ride? What do you think of your result?