Do you have a good sense of humor? Even if don’t think you’re all that funny, you probably have a better sense of humor than you realize. Maybe you’re simply sarcastic and quippy… or witty and observational. I think we all have varying humor personalities – both in the humor we use and the humor we appreciate. That’s why sometimes the best joke goes flat with the “wrong crowd” or why your friends think you’re hilarious, even when you aren’t trying to be.
I have been wanting to write a quiz about humor style for a while, but I didn’t know where to begin. There’s so many types of humor in the world, and trying to break humor into categories seemed like an impossible task to me. Luckily, I stumbled upon the research of Dr. Rod Martin recently, and I liked the way he put humor into four categories. I have drawn from his basic framework for this quiz, but I will admit that I tweaked it a bit. I found his research to be a bit preachy and labeling for my taste, and I wanted a humor quiz to be fun!
Anyway, take What’s Your Sense of Humor Like?, and let me know what you get. Does your result fit you? I’d love to hear more about what sort of humor you like in the comments below!
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on What’s Your Sense of Humor Like? Is it true for you?
- Do you consider yourself funny person? Why or why not?
- Have you consciously worked on being funnier? Or does whatever sense of humor you have come naturally to you?
- What comedians, tv shows, and / or movies do you find funny?
- Take Do You Have a Good Sense of Humor? What do you think of your result?
P.S. Never miss another new Blogthings quiz again! Sign up here for Blogthings weekly