There’s no doubt about it… this summer has been the best ever in my life for flowers. Usually the Texas heat makes flowers a little rarer than I’d like by the time July rolls around, but we’ve had a slightly cooler than usual summer. That means there are blooming flowers everywhere, and I love it. I don’t have the patience to grow my own flowers, and I’m too stingy to buy any. I’m very thankful that I have neighbors who grow beautiful flowers of every color and kind. I enjoy their flowers instead of having my own… and by enjoy, I just mean looking. Jeez! I would never clip any! 😉
There have been a lot of quizzes on Blogthings dealing with the meaning of flowers based on type, season, and color. I really wanted to do another flower quiz to celebrate my summer of flowers, but I felt stuck in a rut. Then I found some interesting research in a book about flower petals as far as their shape, amount, and meaning went. This seemed like a cool concept to me, because it’s more about shapes and numbers than flowers.
Take The Flower Petal Test, and let me know what result you get. Does it fit? Did you find it easy or difficult to imagine a flower in your mind?
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on The Flower Petal Test? Is it true for you?
- What floral smell do you like the best? How do you incorporate this scent in your life?
- Is there a flower quiz that you’d like to see on Blogthings that hasn’t been written yet?
- Did you ever pick petals off a flower to see if someone loved you or not? Was your answer correct?
- Take What Flower Are You? What do you think of your result?