Despite all of the heat, this is my favorite time in the summer. I’m sure the title of this blog post makes the reason why pretty clear… I love all of the fireworks associated with the 4th of July. My city has a very nice fireworks display, along with a symphony, to celebrate the holiday. Of course, people in my neighborhood light their own fireworks, which can be cool if done safely. My dog would disagree though! He hates the sound of fireworks.
When I was a kid, fireworks were a big deal. They had many different firework displays throughout my city, and my dad always bought a big bag for us to light off. I remember it being a huge deal when I was old enough to be allowed to light some fireworks. Unfortunately, things aren’t how they used to be for fireworks in my hometown. I grew up in the glory days for fireworks! Now forest fires and budgetary constraints limit how much they do.
Whether you or your town happen to be doing fireworks or not this 4th of July, you can enjoy some virtual fireworks with my quiz: What Color Fireworks Are You? Let me know what you get on this one and what you think of fireworks!
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on What Color Fireworks Are You? Is it true for you?
- Do you like fireworks? When do you get the chance to see them?
- Have you ever lit your own fireworks? How did that go?
- When do people in your area light fireworks? Independence day? New Year’s Eve? Another time?
- Take The Fireworks Test. What do you think of your result?
P.S. Don’t miss the latest Blogthings quizzes! Get every new quiz first by signing up for my weekly email list: Blogthings Weekly