Did you know that we all have birth flowers? I had no idea until I recently read an article about them. It turns out that birth flowers are a long honored tradition, dating back to the Romans (if you believe Wikipedia!). Over the years, different cultures have designated different flowers for each time of the year – with a lot of overlap. Just like with gemstones, there isn’t necessarily one flower for your month … it depends on region and tradition. However, the flowers for each month tend to be very similar and from the same family.
Needless to say, when I discovered birth flowers, I knew I had to write a quiz about them. I love flowers – not so much getting them but actually appreciating them in nature. I think it’s cool that flowers come with meanings, symbolism, and tradition attached to them. Clearly, they are a great topic for a quiz, and what gets easier than having to simply pick out your birth month.
So if you’re looking for some quick fun, take What Does Your Birth Flower Say About You? This is one of my quick, instant gratification quizzes 🙂 Let me know what you get, and what you think of your result.
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on What Does Your Birth Flower Say About You? Is it true for you?
- Do you have a favorite flower? What is it? How did it come to be your favorite?
- Have you ever gotten flowers for your birthday or a special occasion? What do you think of flowers as a gift?
- When was the last time you gave someone flowers?
- Take What Color Flower Are You? What do you get? Is it true for you?
P.S. Don’t miss any new Blogthings quizzes! Sign up for my weekly email list: Blogthings Weekly