Do you like trees? I am a huge tree fan, and I feel lucky to live in a city with a ton of trees that are protected from development. Little puts me more at ease than walking through my tree filled neighborhood, observing how each of my favorite trees is changing with the seasons. I am also a bit of a birdwatcher, and of course, trees are a perfect place to see beautiful birds flying around.
Trees have always had a deep meaning to various cultures, and I can understand why. At its core, a tree symbolizes strength and growth. Forests are seen as both a mystery and a refuge. They are also a place of change as many characters in books and movies undergo something transformative in the middle of the forest. There’s a lot to trees, and it doesn’t surprise me that we humans enjoy being around them so much.
My love of trees inspired me to write The Tree Test, especially when I found such a great array of varied yet complementary tree images. What I love about this image set is that the images all have a similar style but huge variations on tree type and season. See what the one you like says about you!
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on The Tree Test? Is it true for you?
- Do you have a favorite tree near where you work or live? What do you like about it?
- What kind of trees do you tend to like the best? It can be a breed, size, or even season.
- Did you ever climb a tree, swing a rope from a tree, or build a treehouse when you were growing up? Which one?
- Take What Season Tree Are You? What do you get? Is it true for you?