Did your high school have cliques? Mine definitely did. There were preppy kids, jocks, arty kids, punks, goths, hippies, skaters… well, you get the picture. I’m not sure what it is about high school that makes people all divide up into subcultures, but it seems to be one of the first times that self-identification is important. And I know for me, years later, I still have tons in common with the people who traveled in the same (alternative / geeky) circles that I traveled in.
I sort of feel like high school cliques are a universal thing, at least for public high schools in the US. (If you went to school outside of the US or private / parochial school, let me know if your experience was the same or different.) I’m not basing this on any sort of study I’ve read but just on movies and TV in a high school setting. From Grease to My So-Called Life to Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Pretty Little Liars, every school has its subcultures.
Of course, Blogthings has done the high school clique quiz before (Who Were You In High School?), but rewatching one of my favorite movies, Clueless, made me want to do a spin on it… 90s style! Even if you didn’t go to high school in the 90s, you probably remember the 90s quite well. I thought it would be fun to see who we all would have been back then: What’s Your 90s High School Stereotype?
- What do you get on What’s Your 90s High School Stereotype?
- What decade did you go to high school in? What were some of the cliques at your school?
- If you could have gone to high school during any other decade, which one would you have chosen?
- What do you miss the most about high school? The least?
- Are there any tv shows or movies set at high school that you love? Which ones?
P.S. Want to get new Blogthings quizzes every week? Sign up for my weekly email list: Blogthings Weekly!