Do you love to bake? I am obsessed with baking. I bake as often as I can, and I enjoy trying new recipes. After a difficult day, nothing helps me relax more quickly than getting out the measuring cups and flour. Baking gets my mind off my troubles, and it’s great aromatherapy. And that’s not even considering the finished product.
I love to bake all sorts of things. My prize recipe is for chocolate chip banana muffins. I also make a darn good almond chocolate chip cookie, and a very nice from scratch birthday cake if I have the time. I try to go for more natural and organic types of recipes, but if something really indulgent sounds good. I’ll go for that too!
My baking obsession was clearly the inspiration for my latest quiz: What Part of Baking Are You? Unlike most of my food quizzes, this one is not about pictorial inspiration as much as it is about tool geekery. As many of you dedicated bakers know, the tools you use can be as important as the recipe. And that’s what inspired me to write a quiz featuring my favorite baking tools!
Comment below and let me know what your result on What Part of Baking Are You? was. Does it match your personality? What’s your favorite thing to bake?
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on What Part of Baking Are You? Is it true for you?
- Do you bake regularly? What’s your favorite thing to bake?
- Do you have a special treat that was baked for you as a child? What was it?
- What’s a baked good that you wish you knew how to make?
- What baking equipment would it be hard for you to live without? (Besides a stove, of course.)