New Quiz: What Social Network Are You?

woman with laptop outdoors

Which social network would be the most fun for you? Take my latest quiz to learn!

Do you enjoy social networking? Are you addicted to Facebook? Constantly on Twitter? Surfing Reddit? It may not seem like it at first, but I think all of us tend to enjoy one form of social networking or another, even if we’re not run of the mill Facebook addicts. Even hanging out on a forum or website with comments (like this blog) can be social networking.

I like some social networking, but for me, it tends to be more interest based then friends based. I love connecting with people who love quizzes on this blog and on various social networks. I also follow a few of my interests on social networks, like gardening, film, and personal finance. However, I will be the first to admit that I’m not a big fan of doing social networking with people I know in real life or have known. Maybe it’s just a quirk of mine, but I don’t really feel comfortable with the status competitions among people I know on places like Facebook (especially), Instagram, and Twitter. I find that to be kind of annoying 🙂 I rather connect over things I share with people!

What about you? What’s your social networking style? Take my latest quiz to see which social networking site you are most like: What Social Network Are You? Comment below and let me know what you get!

1. What do you get on What Social Network Are You? Is it true for you?
  2. What sort of things do you like to read about and share about on social sites?
  3. Are there any social networks or forums you spend time on besides the big ones? Which ones?
  4. Are there any popular social networks from the past that you thought were better than the ones we have today? Friendster? Xanga? Maybe even MySpace?
  5. Take What Keyboard Key Are You? What do you think of your result?

P.S. Want more quizzes like this one? Learn about each week’s new quizzes by signing up for Blogthings Weekly!

18 thoughts on “New Quiz: What Social Network Are You?

You are Facebook.

You are extroverted, outgoing, and open. You love to share your life with other’s.
    Even if nothing special is going on, you like to tell people how your day went. And you are genuinely interested in their day too.

You value social relationships – no matter how deep or shallow. You try to connect with as many friends as possible.
    You are a people person, and possibly even a bit of a gossip. You can’t help but be interested in juicy news.

You are generally an upbeat and easily delighted person. You love to share what you love and even inspire others.
    You are probably have many friends… both real and virtual. And it’s likely quite a few people consider you a best friend.

I suppose it’s like me but I feel like I’m a bit of all them actually. I am addicted to Facebook though. SO overall accurate quiz!

You Are Twitter

You are a huge generalist with many facts floating around in your head. You love information.
    You’re the type of person who likes to get right to the point. ‘Too long; didn’t read’ could be your motto!

You may just skim the surface for many things, but you’ve got a lot of area covered. People are surprised by what you know.
    You are a junkie for news and trends. Of your friends, you are almost the first to find out about something.

You are quick witted and always on your toes mentally. You’ve got a quippy joke or fun comeback for almost anything.
    If something is on your mind, you just blurt it out. You aren’t really one for editing your thoughts.

I would say just a mix of all of them! I like the creative/fashion blogs and the celebrity/trend blogs and the sassy/funny blogs. What happened to MySpace?? I feel Facebook is so superficial!

I agree that Facebook is superficial! And kind of sterile too. I think MySpace was a lot more fun, and the people there were more diverse / interesting / random.

3. bree

1. Reddit. I don’t use it much considering a lot of members/communities rub me the wrong way, but the description fits.
    2. Politics, opinions.pictures, funny links, youtube videos,
    3. A couple of little known forum sites
    4. Myspace used to be good until they changed it. Also livejournal.
    5. Delete. Pretty true.

4. maureenmojen

1. You are Reddit. Yes. I don’t use reddit too much, but the description of me is accurate. Unless it is clearly playful and harmless, I can’t abide trolls and I definitely believe in being a good internet citizen. Too often I think people forget that there are real people with real feelings on the other end of their vitriol. I read the other results and the pinterest one also fits me pretty well, highlighting a different aspect of my personality.

2. One of my favourite things to read and share are in-depth commentary on television shows, movies, and the like. Literature, history art, and fashion are other favourite things. Anything about interesting places in the world. I also like to share articles and information about serious issues about poverty and discrimination, but I try to be balanced about it and not inundate people. Creative and funny lists are good too.

3. Tumblr.

4. I miss Livejournal. It is still around, but I don’t really know people who use it anymore. I found it easier to filter who could see your content and to have productive conversations. I feel like it allowed for deeper connections than a lot of the social media we have now.

5. You are alt. heh, I suppose so, though I don’t think I immediately strike people as being strange. I certainly hope I’m not off-putting!

I feel the same way about LiveJournal! Those who still have a group on there are lucky 🙂 All my friends moved on to Facebook, which is fine, but it just isn’t the same.

1. You Are Reddit. I hate trolls! I definitely want people to get along haha. I’ve actually not used Reddit much 😛
    2. Weather, pictures, something amusing/interesting that happened, etc
    3. Bzoink (a survey site), if that counts..
    4. I like Xanga for the surveys..I wish people still made as many as they used to!
    5. You Are “esc.” Escaping is nice sometimes!

1. PINTEREST. Oh gosh. I AM totally Pinterest. Lol
    You are the type of person who is obsessed with what is possible. You are easily inspired and tickled by the world around you. You especially like pretty things. For you, connecting with others is not really about their mundane lives… but about their interests and dreams. If you know someone’s dreams, you feel like you know her well. And you share your dreams so that others can know you better too. You are idealistic and even a bit of a romantic. You always hold out hope for your dream life. And you have an artistic streak that is likely to extend beyond the web. You’ve been known to get crafty from time to time!
    2. I like to read about what someone is interested in about the world (not just politics though), about what creative ideas they are having, about what they are reading, about their transcendent experiences.
    3. No, I don’t think so. I’m pretty much just bouncing around wherever links take me I think.
    4. No.
    5. Alt. Some people might find you to be strange, mysterious, and even a bit off putting. You tend to be drawn to and influenced by alternative lifestyles. You’re definitely not normal. Once people get to know you, they realize you’re interesting, intriguing, and very intelligent. You have a lot of knowledge stored in that big brain of yours. Most of it is useless knowledge, but some of it is very useful.

I’m with you – I like to get to know someone totally online… politics are fine, but if it’s just politics, I get kind of annoyed 🙂 (Whether I agree or disagree with their politics is actually irrelevant!)

1. I got “You are Pinterest”, and while the description suits, I have no interest in Pinterest (see what I did there? :D)! I love Twitter, though. 🙂

2. I share political opinion pieces I agree with, videos or pictures or gifs that make me laugh or think or squee, fannish stuff for the fandoms in which I’m involved (I write the blog for one such site, even!)…and I have a person blog, in which I do all of the above, and also talk about my life.

3. Yes, I spend time in the forums of a few fan sites–most are just quick drop-ins to see what’s new and many comment or share something I’ve found, and one has turned into a real community of friends, and I spend a lot of time there. (That’s the one I blog for–www.castrocopia.com, check it out! :))

4. MySpace was fun in that you could customize your page, so it gave me some html experience, but other than that, not really.

5. I got “Alt” and that’s…not untrue. (But I have a bone to pick with the font question–those are all awful!)

Hahaha! Okay, you are right about the fonts 😉 I may spruce those answers up a bit!

I had never heard of Jason Castro, but his music is great! And he’s not too hard on the eyes either.

1. Pinterest/reddit
    2. I don’t care about social sites
    3. Personalitycafe and sodahead
    4. Chat rooms (that’s all I can remember)
    5. “alt” with quite a bit of “esc”

What do you get on What Social Network Are You? Is it true for you?

Reddit – yes! There is some crazy stuff on there, but there is some good stuff too.

What sort of things do you like to read about and share about on social sites?

I’m much more into exploring common interests than personal stuff.

Reddit is the main one… also this blog 🙂

I liked LiveJournal when it was popular. Also, Xanga was pretty cool at one point.

Take What Keyboard Key Are You? What do you think of your result?

alt – fairly true!