New Quiz: The Surfboard Test

redhead in bikini with four surfboards

Which of these surfboards do you like the best? Take this quick quiz to learn your surfing personality.

Do you like to surf? Or have you dreamed about learning to surf? It’s still on my bucket list to at least get up on a surfboard and ride the waves… although I’m not sure I’d be very good at it. It’s hard enough for me to balance on one foot for yoga. I can’t imagine how crazy it would be to balance on top of a chaotic surfboard. It sounds like a fun challenge though!

I’ll admit that I don’t know much about surfing, but I grew up dreaming about it thanks to all the Beach Boys music they played on my local radio station. Later on, I got inspired to surf by watching The Endless Summer and Step Into Liquid. And the little time I have spent in surf towns has been amazing. They have a laid back vibe that I can really appreciate. Little sounds better to me than surfing in the morning and writing quizzes by the beach in the afternoon ๐Ÿ˜‰

What about you? Does surfing sound like fun? Find out what kind of surfer you would be withย The Surfboard Test. (And if you’re a personality theory nerd, you’ll notice I based this off the NT, NF, SP, and SJ temperament types!) Let me know what you get on this one in the comments below.

1. What do you get onย The Surfboard Test?ย Is it true for you?
  2. Do you know how to surf? If so, where have you surfed? If not, would you like to learn?
  3. Do you have a surf movie, television show, or even music that you like?
  4. Takeย What Swimming Stroke Are You?ย What do you think of your result?

15 thoughts on “New Quiz: The Surfboard Test

1. You Love Daydreaming. Sounds like me haha
    2. No. Paddleboarding might be fun..
    3. Blue Crush is alright, and the Beach Boys are fun too
    4. You Are the Breaststroke. I try to be happy

I still have never seen Blue Crush, but I really should! I am interested in paddleboarding – the standup kind is very trendy right now on Lake Austin. Seems fun, but there’s no way I could do paddleboard yoga!

You Love Daydreaming

You Love Freedom

I would say both of these were equally true, I guess you see a pattern there ๐Ÿ˜‰ . I have tried surfing in Hawaii, it WAS fun, but I’m total rookie, I wipe-out a lot! I really like Soul Surfer, but it really didn’t capture the essence how the protagonist really felt (it was a true story, not the actress), it was okay, but it was a good movie, in general, a little underrated, though.

What do you get on The Surfboard Test? Is it true for you?

Daydreaming – and yes, that really fits for today.

I would love to learn, but I would have to find a very patient instructor ๐Ÿ˜‰

Do you have a surf movie, television show, or even music that you like?

Haha, I was a big fan of the original 90210! ๐Ÿ™‚

Take What Swimming Stroke Are You? What do you think of your result?

Backstroke – my favorite!

4. maureenmojen

1. You Love Daydreaming. It fits me well!

2. Nope! Like my quiz result says I am drawn to the idea of escaping into the ocean, of communing with nature, of finding inner and outer balance. But I would be reluctant to surf because sharks. I can overcome that fear when it is just swimming, but I’ve read too many times that people are most likely to get attacked by sharks while surfing. I’d be interested if I knew it was in an area where dangerous sharks are rare or unheard of!

3. Not that I can think of. I don’t think I’ve even seen any surf movies or tv shows (was there surfing in The OC? I watched the first season of that but I can’t remember much). Maybe some more recent music (No Age and Vivian Girls have some good stuff). I do like a few Sublime songs. I find a lot of surf music annoying though. I cringe whenever I hear The Beach Boys.

4. Back Stroke. I like this result. It fits! It is also the only possible result that I do and enjoy doing. I usually swim underwater, but if I’m not doing that it I’m probably doing the backstroke. I’m not a fan of the crawl and I don’t doggie paddle; maybe I’d enjoy the butterfly but I taught myself to swim and I think that stroke requires instruction.

I think Sublime is a good one for surf music. I’m almost willing to count anyone from Southern California in the 80s/90s, like No Doubt, etc. You raise a good point as far as sharks go. I think they can be anywhere unfortunately ๐Ÿ™

1. In order (I loved them almost equally) was Success, Freedom and Daydreaming. (Power not so much. Not my own anyway.)
    Surfing in the ocean would be all about accomplishing something new…love the feeling of being able to ride a wave….a conscientious rule follower, this would carry over into the ocean…would surf with great technique and consideration…likely to enjoy the solidarity of being out in the ocean with other surfers. BUT seek autonomy and independence in your life…love sensory experiences and adventures. Each time surfing would be a totally different experience. (just a BIT of a rebel side)…person who likes to escape to a whole other world – whether it’s in your head or in the ocean…would love getting away from it all…interested in the more philosophical and nuanced aspects of surfing…like the way surfing pushes you to find both inner and outer balance.
    2. I haven’t but YES! I do want to!
    3. I love surf movies and music. High energy! (Guilty little pleasure, Point Break. Is that a guilty pleasure? IDK. I don’t feel guilty.)
    4. Backyard Book?
    Backstroke…see the world from a completely different point of view…innovate and break the rules…observant and visual…interesting theories and insights.

Why yes, haven’t you enjoyed a nice swim in a backyard book? Haha! I must have been dreaming of reading when I wrote that. Point Break is an AWESOME movie. Definitely a guilt free movie for me ๐Ÿ™‚

1. You Love Freedom