New Quiz: What Sea Person Are You?

cartoon of pirate, mermaid, sailor, and diver

What sort of seafarer are you? A pirate, a mermaid, a sailor, or a diver.

Do you like the ocean? I’m not just talking about the beach here (although that’s awfully nice too!). I’m talking about the deep blue sea – an amazingly beautiful, mysterious ecosystem. If you think about it, the ocean is really a whole other world. I became fascinated by the ocean as a teenager, when I would go for long swims as deep in as the adults would let me. It was so tranquil to be away from the crowded beach all on my own. I can imagine that being out in a boat in the middle of the ocean would be even more special and peaceful.

When I was growing up, I knew a lot of classmates who wanted to become marine biologists. It was funny for that to be true in my hometown, because we were over a thousand miles away from any ocean. I think a lot of people wanted that career because it meant they got to spend a lot of time in the ocean. Now that I’m older, I see how ideal that sounds… but I’m not sure I have it in me to do the training. (Who would write all the quizzes???)

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to write a quiz about an ocean fantasy life. I have always dreamed of being a mermaid, and being a pirate sounds pretty cool too (at least being a friendly pirate). Take What Sea Person Are You? to see how you might enjoy the sea. Comment below and let me know what you think of your result!

1. What do you get on What Sea Person Are You? Is it true for you?
  2. Do you have a fascination with the ocean? What do you like about it?
  3. Have you ever gone diving or snorkeling in the ocean? How about exploring it in other ways? (Exploring the coastline counts!)
  4. Take The Ocean Test. What do you think of your result?

20 thoughts on “New Quiz: What Sea Person Are You?

1. Reaka Jones

1. I think this quiz is adorable! And super creative! My result was “You Are a Diver” and it seems true! I do love to read books. 2. I do have a small fascination with the sea; I’m just nervous to swim in it (with all those scary-looking fish! ^_^ 3. I have not dove into the sea, or even snorkeling—not yet! I will try the Ocean Test next!

Awww, thanks for saying so. I was afraid it was a bit weird, subject wise, and I’m glad to see others enjoyed it 🙂 I agree that swimming in the ocean is a bit scary! I wear swimming shoes, because I’m afraid of fish eating my toes.

2. maureenmojen

1. You are a Mermaid. YES. 😀

2. I definitely have a fascination. It’s funny because I am not a fan of “going to the beach” but I love being on the coast. I love being in the water. I just am not a big fan of the crowds and the whole sitting out in the sun thing with the beach chairs and volleyballs. I prefer rockier coasts, small, quiet beaches. Going to the ocean is almost a spiritual experience for me. It has been far too long since I’ve had the pleasure.

3. I’ve never had the pleasure of going snorkeling or diving, but someday! I have explored coastlines.

4.You Are Laid Back and Low Key (well I wouldn’t describe myself that way but sometimes? It’s not on the whole inaccurate.)

You are most comfortable when you are challenging yourself and trying something new. (It depends. I can be self-conscious and perfectionistic, which can interfere with the more adventurous side of my personality.)

You prefer to leave some things to chance. The world is a mysterious place, and you like to embrace the unknown. (Yes definitely!)

You are curious about the world and want to explore it as much as possible. You love to travel. (ACCURATE)

You believe that if you look closely enough at people, they all have worth. (True!)

I can definitely relate to liking the ocean but not the beach. In fact, some of my favorite beaches are cold and rocky – so there’s no beach “scene” involved. Being near the water instantly relaxes me 🙂

1. You Are a Sailor
    2. Fascinates me since it (among other things) seems like it was put here just for us (I don’t really understand close minded types who don’t like to consider it)
    3. Nope
    4. You Are Reflective and Thoughtful

1. You Are a Diver. I wouldn’t want to dive super deep (that freaks me out haha) but 10 or so feet would be ok. I was cool just floating on top snorkeling in Hawaii haha
    2. It’s pretty cool..I think it’s amazing that we know more about the surface of the moon than the bottom of the ocean. It’s cool going on submarine things or glass bottom boats and seeing the fish and kelp and stuff
    3. Yeah, in Hawaii. I had turtles come up right next to me! That was cool! I’ve explored coastlines in California and stuff too
    4. You Are Reflective and Thoughtful. The world is definitely colorful!

I think snorkeling is the best. I’m freaked out by the diving experience too, but I’d love to explore. Your sea turtle adventure sounds awesome! 🙂

1. Diver. Which is funny because I chose the only 10 feet deep answer. But yes, as far as curiosity and digging research, that’s me.
    …a chance to explore…dying to know what’s going on at the bottom…scientifically minded…actuall experience yourself.
    2. I do have a preference for Coastal living and moving to Dallas is bad enough, I don’t think I’d be in for “middle of the country” living. I used to pretend to be a mermaid in my pool while growing up and my Pawpaw had a boat and we would catch shrimp and stuff for Gumbo. I have visited both Pacific and Atlantic shores. And, you’re right, under the water is whole different world. Amazing creatures and lost civilizations… Sigh.
    3. I haven’t ever been diving. If I had had the opportunity I would have been thrilled and if I do in the future I will take it even though I’m more cautious about things now.
    4. Reflective and Thoughtful.
    You are most comfortable when you are challenging yourself and trying something new. You are drawn to passion and emotion. You see the world as a colorful place. You seek a bit more depth in your life, but you are slowly changing. You don’t like to rush anything. You believe that if you look closely enough at people, you can appreciate them more… flaws and all.

I hear you about not being too far from the ocean. I’ve only lived near it once in my life, and here in Austin it seems way too far! Mr. Blogthings grew up in a coastal New England town, and I think he misses it every day. Hopefully the enchiladas and live music make up for it for him 🙂

6. Wendy

A Pirate. I love the sea. Love to remain not far from it and have lived on an island and on a 60foot offshore cruiser.

That island living sounds amazing! I would love to do that. I live about five hours from the coast now, and I really would love to live closer 🙂

You Are a Mermaid

Of all the types, you are the most at peace with the sea. You feel like its your home.
    You are a strong swimmer, and you have been known to spend many hours at a time in open waters.

You love nature, and all of its creatures. You have a special soft spot in your heart for sea creatures in particular.
    To humans, you come across as a gentle soul – which you are. You have a way of charming those around you.

A mermaid’s life is not for everyone, but you wouldn’t mind being out in the ocean away from it all.
    Once you are in your safe place in the water, you never want to leave… partially because you’re afraid you’ll never get back to it. The ocean is interesting, to say the least! Did you know that scientists know more about space than the bottom of the ocean? I find the ocean beautiful and mysterious! Yes, I have gone snorkeling in Hawaii with my family for a graduation celebration!

You Are Ambitious and Driven

You are most comfortable when you are doing something that’s totally foreign to you. You love new things.

You believe in transparency and honesty. The truth hurts, but you’d like to know it.

You believe that if you look closely enough at people, they all have their own unique beauty. This is ironic in it’s own way! I HAVE traveled a lot, but no matter what, you never feel like you’ve seen enough!

That sounds like an amazing graduation celebration! And yes, I have heard that about the ocean vs space, and I believe it!

What do you get on What Sea Person Are You? Is it true for you?

Mermaid – yes, it was my childhood dream!

Do you have a fascination with the ocean? What do you like about it?

I do. I like the way it feel to swim in the ocean, even with the scary critters … who I try to ignore. I also love walking along the beach on a cold, gray day.

Mostly lots of swimming.

Take The Ocean Test. What do you think of your result?

You Are Alive and Energetic – well, I did just drink a cup of coffee!