New Quiz: The Abstract Eye Test

nine funky abstract eyes

Which of these abstract eyes are you most drawn to?

Do you think people’s eyes reveal a lot about their personalities? If you’re like most Blogthings visitors, the answer is “yes”! Quizzes dealing with the subject of eyes are very popular, and the all time favorite is The Eye Test. Many friends and family members have told me that quiz is their favorite, and I think I understand why. Eyes are one of the first things we notice about a person, and one of the last things we forget. We look in someone’s eyes to try to see if she loves us… or if she’s lying.

I tried to find actual scientific evidence that eyes reveal our personalities or moods, but I wasn’t able to find anything to base a quiz on. Intuitively, though, I know we can learn a lot about people from their eyes. And I’m not talking color as much as I am expression and shape. Do you agree? Are you drawn to people with expressive eyes?

I lucked out and recently found more images from the artist who did the images for The Eye Test in my collection of purchased images for this site. Is everyone ready to do a round 2 for The Eye Test? The The Abstract Eye Test is similar to the original, except the images and results are very different. Find out how you see the world, and how the world sees you. As always, let me know what you think of your result!

1. What do you get on The Abstract Eye Test? Is it true for you?
  2. Do you think your eyes fit your personality? What do they reveal about you?
  3. Have you ever learned something about someone by looking into his or her eyes? What did you learn?
  4. Take The Wild Eye Makeup Test? What do you think of your result?

P.S. Get the newest Blogthings in your email every week! Sign up for my weekly email list: Blogthings Weekly

18 thoughts on “New Quiz: The Abstract Eye Test

1. maureenmojen

1. You are Tenderhearted. I’d say that I am to a fault, because it has definitely caused me problems (like insomnia), but it also gives me strength.

2. I think they do. I have blue eyes, but they are different from the eyes of most of my family. Most of them have bright Elijah-Wood-blue eyes whereas mine are a a subtler deeper blue, More like a lake than the sky. And, at least of my immediate family, I tend to be sad more often, with heavier thoughts, highly sensitive. I’m the bookish, literary one in the family. I think all that is reflected in the darker, changeable shade of my eyes. But I’ve also been told that I get a mischievous glint in my eyes so it’s not like i have perpetually sad eyes either, just not as clear and cheerful.

3. Yes. I tend to believe that the eyes are indeed the windows to the soul. I can usually tell if I can really connect with a person by looking in their eyes. Eyes tell me if a person takes a matter-of-fact outlook on life or if they are more dreamy and fanciful; if a person has suffered much or if they have felt relatively stable and at ease; if they are optimistic or cynical.

4. You are a dreamer. Also true. The one thing I would say that I get very into details sometimes, but only on certain things – usually things I’m dreaming about! and even then it is true that I generally prefer to focus on ideas. I’m not sure how innovative my ideas are, but I hope!

I love your analysis here, especially the part about your eye color. I have dark blue eyes for my family too, and I am the sadder, more sensitive type. Really enjoyed reading all that – and I definitely can relate 🙂

1. You Are Excitable. I’m definitely a worrier haha, but I try to be positive and curious
    2. *shrugs* I don’t really know..
    3. Their color?? Haha. Because of my autism, it’s kinda hard and uncomfortable for me to look people in the eyes (the quiz actually kinda freaked me out haha)..so I just see eyes. Their mouth/facial expressions tell me more than their eyes
    4. You Are Successful. I definitely need my alone time after being with people haha

Hahaha! I can understand what you mean about eye contact. It’s something I have to consciously work on. And when people are really into eye contact, they freak me out.

3. Ms. Noname

You Are Warm.

You are a kind, friendly, and even encouraging person. People feel comfortable around you without really knowing why. You have quietly optimized your life for success. You have a routine down, and you’ve cleared the crud out of your life.

You see the world in terms of new beginnings and strengths. Each day is a chance to start over again. It’s easy to see what’s going wrong, but you try to notice what’s going right… and nurture it.

The world sees you as a positive influence and a catalyst for growth. Others purposely seek you out. Your realistic optimism can brighten anyone’s day. You know very few situations as a dire as they seem.

Aw yiss.

What do you get on The Abstract Eye Test? Is it true for you?

Tenderhearted – this is me, and like Melissa says, it can hurt!

Do you think your eyes fit your personality? What do they reveal about you?

I don’t know how to answer this, even though I asked it. My eyes are very small, and sort of mysterious, I guess. Which I am (mysterious, not small).

Like Josh below, I look for a certain light or liveliness in other people’s eyes.

Take The Wild Eye Makeup Test? What do you think of your result?

Optimist. Truer and truer these days 🙂

5. Wendy

Primal..That is very interesting and surprisingly close to what I am in many ways. Somewhat daunting…to see it written down. Maybe a few home truths here !

You Are Primal

Every thought and emotion comes from deep within your soul. You feel everything on a base level.
    You are very in touch with your desires, needs, and fears. Your intuition is very right on, and you never doubt it.

You see the world from a calculating and even cold perspective. You never lose sight of looking out for yourself.
    You are very self-contained and independent. The only time others get under your skin is when you envy them.

The world sees you as mysterious and alluring. People would like to get to know you better, but they are intimidated by you.
    Very few want to challenge you on who you are or what you believe. They know you’re the type that doesn’t back down.
    This is true, but my eyes look kind, yet distant and at times, even blank.I’m not the type of person who would tell how their feeling by looking at their eyes.

1. Tender hearted. Ugh. Yes! It hurts. 🙁 😉
    …extremely empathetic person…can see yourself in someone else’s position…compassion for those around you,people and animals and nature. Even if you disagree with people’s choices and actions, you can see how they came to make them. The world sees you as sweet, vulnerable, and breakable. They don’t understand your strength.
    You may be caring, but you aren’t a pushover. You understand that empathizing is sometimes all you can do.
    2. I think my eyes should look bigger and brighter.
    3. Well, I can tell if they’re high or not. Does that count? I can also tell if they’re interested in me or not. Ummmm….I don’t know.
    4. Unique. You love being in love because of the attention it brings you. You like to be showered with affection. People remember you and make it a point to run into you again. You leave a good impression.
    You possess a divine quality or uniqueness that’s hard to define. Others are drawn to you even though they’re not sure why.
    Even when you’re just laying low, people notice you. You never blend in with a crowd.
    Wow! Well then. Go me! Lol

1. Whimsical, some excitable, and some primal.
    2. Never thought about it
    3. If the eyes are beautiful and shiny I know the person has a soul and is a decent person, if they look dead I stay away from them (it’s kinda disturbing/frightening when it’s a child since they’re supposed to be innocent/pure and full of life)
    4. Self-sufficient/resilient, a little unique, and a little dreamer

I agree with everything you said in #3. It’s sad to see a child with dead eyes, and I do think you can learn a lot by someone by looking in his or her eyes. Thanks for this great comment 🙂

1. I got “You are Tenderhearted”, and I do think I am very empathetic (to a fault!), but mostly people don’t see that.

2. …I guess? I don’t really know what my eyes look like to others!

3. I learned I’m easily fooled. 🙂

4. I got “You are Unique” and…sort of? I certainly don’t blend in, and I like it that way. 🙂

You raise an interesting point, which I think is true… the most empathetic people tend to hide their empathy well. I think it’s a side effect of truly putting yourself in someone else’s shoes. Empathy is a very selfless act!