New Quiz: What’s Your Sense of Humor Like?

two girls on bicycles having fun

What sort of sense of humor do you have? Take my quiz to find out!

Do you have a good sense of humor? Even if don’t think you’re all that funny, you probably have a better sense of humor than you realize. Maybe you’re simply sarcastic and quippy… or witty and observational. I think we all have varying humor personalities – both in the humor we use and the humor we appreciate. That’s why sometimes the best joke goes flat with the “wrong crowd” or why your friends think you’re hilarious, even when you aren’t trying to be.

I have been wanting to write a quiz about humor style for a while, but I didn’t know where to begin. There’s so many types of humor in the world, and trying to break humor into categories seemed like an impossible task to me. Luckily, I stumbled upon the research of Dr. Rod Martin recently, and I liked the way he put humor into four categories. I have drawn from his basic framework for this quiz, but I will admit that I tweaked it a bit. I found his research to be a bit preachy and labeling for my taste, and I wanted a humor quiz to be fun!

Anyway, take What’s Your Sense of Humor Like?, and let me know what you get. Does your result fit you? I’d love to hear more about what sort of humor you like in the comments below!

1. What do you get on What’s Your Sense of Humor Like? Is it true for you?
  2. Do you consider yourself  funny person? Why or why not?
  3. Have you consciously worked on being funnier? Or does whatever sense of humor you have come naturally to you?
  4. What comedians, tv shows, and / or movies do you find funny?
  5. Take Do You Have a Good Sense of Humor? What do you think of your result?

P.S. Never miss another new Blogthings quiz again! Sign up here for Blogthings weekly

11 thoughts on “New Quiz: What’s Your Sense of Humor Like?

1. Wry. Yes, seems right.
    2. I have my moments but I’m not really a joke teller or a clown, my husband takes care of that.
    3. I haven’t worked on it. I am what am. Even if I’m not the getting all the laughs I still get to do plenty of laughing. That’s fine with me.
    4. Seinfeld, Jim Gaffigan, Mike Birbiglia, Louis CK (when he’s not being too dirty), Demetri Martin, gosh, lots and lots of comedians. We listen to a lot of comedy as a family. And movies? Well, we love funny movies except for really stupid ones. We can even tolerate a little bit of stupid but some just go overboard.
    5. Yep. I Have a Good Sense of Humor. 🙂

That’s really cool that your family watches funny movies together. And I think you do have a good sense of humor. Your comments often make me laugh, and you are very wry!

1. You Use Bonding Humor. True, I love lightening the mood haha. You become closer to someone when you can laugh together!
    2. Sure, I like to think I am. Being serious is boring!
    3. Hmm..I’ve probably had inspiration from other people
    4. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, America’s Funniest Home Videos, etc
    5. You Have a Good Sense of Humor. I knew it. 😉 Hehe

What do you get on What’s Your Sense of Humor Like? Is it true for you?

Self-Deprecating Humor – yes, totally true!

Do you consider yourself funny person? Why or why not?

I honestly don’t think I’m funny at all, but I make people laugh a lot. I’m very irreverent IRL, so I suppose that is funny 🙂

I am actually trying to have a better sense of humor when I’m alone. I am good at making others laugh (as I mention above, without intending to), and I could use more levity in my own life.

What comedians, tv shows, and / or movies do you find funny?

I like all sorts of humor. Louis CK is a favorite these days, and I also like Amy Schumer. I love Party Down – probably my favorite comedy show ever. I also like Judd Apatow movies / shows. Honestly, there’s very little I don’t find funny.

Take Do You Have a Good Sense of Humor? What do you think of your result?

Underdeveloped – see! I do need a better sense of humor, especially when I’m alone.

4. maureenmojen

1. You Use Wry Humor. Yes this is the kind I use the most. (also humour that draws on allusions to history, literature,etc)

2. I wouldn’t rank myself as being among the funniest people I know, but I’m not unfunny either. I have my moments. I wish I was wittier, but I have been told that I excel at “observational” humour(aka wry humour). I was good enough to get into a sketch comedy group at my college.

3. A little of both I think. I do try to pay attention to how certain jokes are made, because I like make people laugh, but observational humor has always been a way of coping for me.

4. My favourite comedian is Eddie Izzard. I’m a bif fan of British comedy: Monty Python & The Holy Grail, Monty Python’s Flying Circus, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Black Books, Death at a Funeral, Love Actually
    When it comes to film, I LOVE classic comedies (/dramedies) like The Philadelphia Story, Bringing Up Baby, His Girl Friday, Arsenic and Old Lace, It Happened one Night, Breakfast at Tiffanys. More recent favourites are Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Clueless, Easy A
    And I love The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Early Simpsons, Community (though the most recent season was not as good), Parks & Rec, Animaniacs (even funnier as an adult), and comedy-infused drama/action/fantasy/scifi of the Joss Whedon variety.

5. You have a good sense of humour. Weeeellll I wouldn’t exactly describe myself as sunny or upbeat, but when I can I try to find the humour in situations. I think I’m in between the two results for this quiz, but more this one than the other.

Josh Whedon is someone who can always make me laugh as well. I totally agree that observational humor can help us cope. I can’t survive without it!

You Use Insult Humor
    You love to lightly insult and make fun of everyone you run into. It’s not personal!
    You think it’s fun to tease others, and you appreciate a good ribbing given back in return.

You have a sarcastic, biting edge to your humor, and you tend to roll with other hardcore types.
    While you never mean any harm with your comments, they may be a bit much for sensitive people to take.

Whether friends appreciate your humor when it’s directed at them or not, people like your style in general.
    You would make a great entertainment or political commentator. You could take down annoying celebrities with a single zinger!
    Well, I do believe in some sarcasm can be taken lightly and jokingly, yet people sometimes perceive me as rude or maybe even dumb as a first impression, and I really consider myself a funny person to people who actually get my humor.

I love people who have a more sarcastic sense of humor. I think I share this quite a bit, and yes, others may mistake it for being dimwitted! 🙂

1. You Use Wry Humor (and some insult humor but even so humility is a virtue for me)
    2. Yes, I’m not one to let people get me down
    3. It comes naturally
    4. Comedy Central
    5. You Have a Good Sense of Humor (I’m not particularly positive and upbeat nor am I the opposite)