New Quiz: What’s Your Massage Personality?

woman on massage table with stones on back

What sort of massage should you get?

Do you like getting massages? I think that getting a massage can be a relaxing experience, if the type of massage is right… and if I need one badly enough. I’m a bit picky when it comes to massages though. They can be a really awkward experience – kind of like going to the doctor’s office – if they aren’t handled right. (Of course, who knows? Maybe I’m the one making it awkward.)

Early on, I learned that I like a deep tissue massage, and only if I’ve been sleeping badly or am sore from exercise. I like a massage to help me work out the tension and stress in my body that I can’t get out from yoga. It’s been a while since I’ve needed a massage like this, but when I do need one, nothing in the world feels better.

For a long time, I assumed that everyone shared my massage preferences, but I’ve learned that isn’t true. Some people like a lighter touch when it comes to massage – or some like to be barely touched at all. I think this might be a bit of a personality preference, and I thought it would be fun to write a quiz about it.

To see what sort of massage you should get, take my latest quiz: What’s Your Massage Personality? Let me know what you think of your result and massages in general. Do you think the quiz accurately predicted what kind of massage you should get?

1. What do you get on What’s Your Massage Personality?Is it true for you?
  2. Do you like getting massages or spa treatments? Why or why not?
  3. Many spas offer spa treatments based on your ayurvedic type or dosha. Take What’s Your Dosha? What do you think of your result?

P.S. Today’s quiz is brought to you by MyPoints. Earn points through surveys, web searches, and videos for all sorts of goodies – including local spa gift certificates!

17 thoughts on “New Quiz: What’s Your Massage Personality?

Your Massage is a Swedish Massage

You want a massage to be a soothing, relaxing experience. You would like to drift away.
    You don’t want a massage to be intense or rough. The whole point for you is to experience bliss.

Of all the types, you are the most centered and calm. You find it easy to let go.
    You maintain balance in your life by never going to one extreme or another. This prevents you from having anything to even out.

You are also likely to be very gentle and flexible. You tread lightly with others and don’t make waves.
    You don’t use force when you can use finesse instead. You like to use energy wisely – not excessively.

And some aromatherapy.

2. maureenmojen

1. Your Massage is Aromatherapy. Perfect result both in terms of what massage I would want to try and my personality. I really respond to scents and would love a multi-sensory experience (i also think it would help me to get past the discomfort of being in such a vulnerable position).

2. Unless a manicure counts I’ve never had one. I would like to try though. Or maybe just set something up at home.

3. Your Dosha is Pitta. About half of this result fits me and half doesn’t. I am not outgoing and while i am sometimes stubborn I’m not known for it or particularly set in my ways. But I don’t think any of the results fully fit me, I seem to be a mix of all of them.

1. Your Massage is Reflexology. Pretty true..I’d definitely want it to be non-intrusive. I’m probably too ticklish for a foot massage haha
    2. I had a pedicure once..it was alright (definitely ticklish though haha). I don’t really want people touching me like that though /autisticproblems. lol
    3. Your Dosha is Pitta. Cool..I think being a leader would be too stressful though 😛

I don’t like people touching me much either, especially strangers. I like the result of a pedicure, but
      I really wish a robot could do it 😉

Your Massage is a Aromatherapy Massage

When you get a massage, you would like it to be a very sensory experience. You want to be transported.
    You don’t just want to feel amazing – you’d like to smell delightful smells and maybe even hear soothing sounds.

Of all the types, you are the most sensitive. You are easily affected by the world around you – both positively and negatively.
    You respond well to treatment and help of all sorts. You appreciate being taken care of.

You are also highly imaginative and intuitive. You are the kind of person who just naturally fills in the blanks.
    It doesn’t take much to set you on a new course or direction. You are easily inspired! No! I would like to do most of these in the comfort of my bathroom! 🙂

Hahaha! I agree that it’s much better to give yourself a spa treatment at home. That’s my favorite… total privacy and control 🙂

What do you get on What’s Your Massage Personality? Is it true for you?

Deep Tissue – true!

Do you like getting massages or spa treatments? Why or why not?

I sometimes do, but like Melissa it better bet worth the fuss of disrobing and talking to a stranger! 😉

Many spas offer spa treatments based on your ayurvedic type or dosha. Take What’s Your Dosha? What do you think of your result?

I’m a mix of all three – honestly!

I think dosha quizzes give me some of the most varied results of any quiz. It’s tough when it is taking into account both physical and psychological factors!

1. Hot Stone. (That’s fine but I’m gonna need some deep rubbing after that as well.)
    Consistency comforts you, and you’re one of the few who would find rocks on your back to be comforting.
    Of all the types, you are the most likely to stick to a routine.
    You need something to break you out of what you’re doing, especially if you are wearing yourself down in ways you don’t realize. ( I do have trouble with transitions)
    You tend to be quite particular about the environment that you’re in, and it takes you a while to really relax.
    Once you a relaxed, though, you are as open and receptive as possible. You surprise yourself with what you end up liking.
    2. Yeah I do like ’em. But I do have to push past the discomfort of actually having to be semi disrobed around others and interacting with them and then I can be really disappointed if they are not exceptional.
    3. Kapha.
    Calm and grounded, you are not prone to mood swings or anger.
    However, once you do get angry, it takes a lot to cool you down.
    You tend to think a little slower than most people, but your logic is astounding.
    Overall, you very loyal and trustworthy. You’re not scared of being who you really are.
    With friends: You enjoy their company, but often listen more than talk
    In love: You crave connection and affection. It’s hard for you to be single.
    To achieve more balance: Exercise vigorously (especially in the sun) and let go of attachments.
    Very accurate.

Hahaha! Yes – I don’t enjoy the disrobing or interacting either. One of my worst massages was when I was super stressed and the therapist (who was a stranger to me) wanted to tell me about her life issues. Nooooo! I just wanted to relax, and it was the opposite of that.

Wow! I have never gotten a hot stone before! It always makes me feel shy when I have to disrobe as well because I have a, ahem :/ , birthmark on center of my back, very embarrassing!