New Quiz: The Mediterranean Food Test

various mediterranean foods

Which of these mediterranean foods do you like best?

Do you like mediterranean food? I am a huge fan of this region’s cuisine! I could probably easily eat my weight in hummus alone, and I love how fresh and healthy so many mediterranean options are. It’s one of my go to cuisines on a warm summer day… Give me a few kabobs, rice / couscous, salads, veggies, dips, whatever! I don’t know if eating this way makes you healthier or not (some studies say yes!), but I hope it does. I could eat this way forever.

My absolute favorite mediterranean food is falafel, but not just any kind… European street style. Those of you who have spent time in Europe know exactly what I mean. Lucky for me, there are is an Amsterdam falafel restaurant right down the street from me here in Austin. I know I’m very spoiled 😉

When I saw the above image of amazing mediterranean foods, I knew I had to write a quiz about it… even if there was no falafel. (Falafel quiz to come, I’m sure!) I hope it makes you as hungry as it made me: The Mediterranean Food Test Comment below and let me know what you get 🙂

1. What do you get on The Mediterranean Food Test? Is it true for you?
  2. Do you like mediterranean food? What kinds? Is it something you go out for… or do you know how to cook it at home?
  3. If you could visit anywhere in the mediterranean, where would you choose to go?  (Let’s say this includes southern France, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco. Whew!)
  4. Eggplant is a big part of mediterranean cuisine but a divisive vegetable for many in the United States. Do you like eggplant?
  5. Take The Italian Food Test What do you think of your result?

18 thoughts on “New Quiz: The Mediterranean Food Test

You Are Popular

You’re the type of person who gets along with everyone. You’re easy to get along with and quite friendly.
    You are easy to please and not fussy in the least. You’re happy to go along with the crowd.

You are one of the least selfish, least narcissistic people around. You take a genuine interest in others.
    If it’s your time to shine, you do enjoy being in the spotlight. But you’re also happy to just be a background player.

You believe that everything comes in cycles, and your turn eventually comes around. You aren’t willing to push anyone out of the way to get ahead.
    You are a big follower of the golden rule. You think it’s important to treat others well and set a good example for others.

YES! One of the most accurate answers I have been given. Having been born with a lot growing up, that was one of the things people loved and hated about me, and I was often bullied for it in Gr.6-9 in my private school years before entering international boarding school and entered a deep state of depression. After graduating boarding school, I returned home and dedicated my job to helping people because, no one deserves to be bullied, living on the streets, etc.

I actually have gone to Greece while I was 17 to study Astronomy, and the Greek gods for a history project about Ancient Greece and I might have eaten MORE than I should’ve, I mean, it was hard to resist! I’m a huge fan of olive oil, a good one should spice up any meal!

I’ve never been to Albania, though I would like to! Maybe I’m just drawn to less popular countries, just countries no one has heard of! And FYI, I’m allergic to eggplant 🙁 , sorry!

My goodness – it would be hard for me to go to Greece and not eat more than I should 😉 That’s such a cool travel study story – I know at least one person who pops in here on occasion (Monica from Sweden) would love to study astronomy in Greece!

First of all, I LOVE everything mediterranean.
    1. down to earth person, good judge of quality and character.
    don’t get taken in by bells and whistles . You know that simplicity is often best. a true individualist. You make up your mind for yourself, and you tend to go against the grain without even trying to. You pay attention to things that others seem to ignore. You’re both very observant and a deep thinker. not one for snap decisions. You like to ruminate on everything for a while… you collect a lot of data.
    You may come across as cynical to some, but you refuse to be naive or superficial. You rather see the world as it is.
    Yep, this is pretty accurate.
    2. No kidding about the hummus, gurl. Mmmm. And olives. Mmmm.
    3. I have dreamed about a whole Mediterranean tour for a while now. I could spend a lot of time in that part of the world. But let’s say Greece for starters because I just have a romantic spot in my travel heart for Greece.
    4. I do not remember when or even if I’ve had eggplant. I’m sure I have and I’m sure I don’t hate it in the least but it isn’t something I’m familiar enough to have in my kitchen obviously.
    5. You have a natural serenity that makes others feel calm. You are a safe haven for others. You totally go with the flow. And you enjoy every minute of it. Spiritual and calm, you live a quiet but very enriching life.
    The calming influence part I’m not sure about because I think I have a bit of a social anxiety vibe sometimes even if I can hide it pretty well. But I do like calm and serenity for myself and everyone. I can be easily fascinated sometimes. I value holding onto wonder.

We totally need that feature. Hopefully one day 🙂 (Both my husband and I are doing a lot of behind the scenes code work for stuff like this!)

Yeah! I’m glad someone else is also a huge mediterranean fan. Amazing food – and yes, I totally want to go to Greece. Moussaka is a pretty good introduction to eggplant if you see it on the menu anywhere. I also like eggplant at some Asian restaurants – it’s very spicy though!

3. maureenmojen

1. Savvy. Yeah I’d say this fits me well! Sometimes I am impulsive and make quick decisions, but USUALLY I research thoroughly before making a decision.

2. I love a lot of mediterranean food. Unfortunately I have weird dietary issues so I’m still trying to figure out how to work such things into my diet (yeah I’m one of those people who can’t have gluten. I can’t have hummus either. sad). I don’t cook much but when I do I often use mediterranean spices, olive oil, fish. Pesto is yummy but I rarely have it.

3. All of the above? okay okay the ones on my bucket list –more or less ranked from highest to lowest priority– would be Turkey (ISTANBUL), Italy, France (i’ve already been but once is not enough!), Morocco, Spain, Egypt, and Greece.

4. I like it when sliced thinly or chopped and used as part of a dish. I’ve never tried it in a dish where it dominated. I do love the colour!

5. Comforting. Well friends often turn to me when they have a difficult emotional problem so I guess I must be. I want to be. As for the description…I’m like this, maybe half the time? I have a fiery streak so there are times when I am definitely NOT serene. haha. The last two sentences are always true: “You cherish all of the little things life offers you. You are easily fascinated, and you enjoy new experiences.”

I sometimes make tabouleh out of quinoa instead of wheat because I think it tastes better!

Hahaha! I love that you said you have a fiery streak. Me too 🙂

1. You Are Popular. Pretty true, though I can be fussy 😛
    2. I haven’t had a lot of it, but I do like gyros. I go out for it
    3. Croatia or Greece..I haven’t been there yet
    4. Eh..it’s ok
    5. You Are Passionate. lol I don’t think I’m a whirlwind, but I can influence people to see my way 😉

Gyros are a favorite of Mr. Blogthings for sure 🙂 I usually get a falafel in that case because I love anything fried!

I got “You are Thoughtful”, which I am, I hope! (The balance thing is something I aim at more than achieve, though. :))

I do like mediterranean food–I like pasta, fish, veggies, olive oil… I do cook some of these at home.

I would visit Israel, definitely–I’ve only been once, and I have family there.

I do like eggplant IF it is prepared properly, so that it doesn’t have that bite. (And the skin has such a gorgeous color.)

For the Italian food test I got “You are Confident”–which, depends. 🙂

I notice we both emphasized “prepared properly” for eggplant! It’s definitely one of those foods that can go quite wrong… but I find it’s usually worth it to try. Admittedly, I’m not the best at preparing it myself 🙂

What do you get on The Mediterranean Food Test? Is it true for you?

You Are Conscientious – I try to be!

I do. I love hummus, salads, eggplant dishes, feta cheese… yum!

If you could visit anywhere in the mediterranean, where would you choose to go? (Let’s say this includes southern France, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco. Whew!)

I think a trip to the Greek islands sounds relaxing. I could be convinced to do the south of France and Spain too 😉

Eggplant is a big part of mediterranean cuisine but a divisive vegetable for many in the United States. Do you like eggplant?

If it’s prepared well, then yes!

Take The Italian Food Test What do you think of your result?

You Are Energetic – usually, but not today. I could use some extra energy 🙂

1. You Are Savvy (that’s me)
    2. Don’t know, never tried it
    3. Israel
    4. Not really
    5. You Are Open-minded (mostly true particularly the first paragraph)

Let me know if you ever try it! I suppose Italian food counts though, which is something most Americans are familiar with 😉