Do you like mediterranean food? I am a huge fan of this region’s cuisine! I could probably easily eat my weight in hummus alone, and I love how fresh and healthy so many mediterranean options are. It’s one of my go to cuisines on a warm summer day… Give me a few kabobs, rice / couscous, salads, veggies, dips, whatever! I don’t know if eating this way makes you healthier or not (some studies say yes!), but I hope it does. I could eat this way forever.
My absolute favorite mediterranean food is falafel, but not just any kind… European street style. Those of you who have spent time in Europe know exactly what I mean. Lucky for me, there are is an Amsterdam falafel restaurant right down the street from me here in Austin. I know I’m very spoiled 😉
When I saw the above image of amazing mediterranean foods, I knew I had to write a quiz about it… even if there was no falafel. (Falafel quiz to come, I’m sure!) I hope it makes you as hungry as it made me: The Mediterranean Food Test Comment below and let me know what you get 🙂
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on The Mediterranean Food Test? Is it true for you?
- Do you like mediterranean food? What kinds? Is it something you go out for… or do you know how to cook it at home?
- If you could visit anywhere in the mediterranean, where would you choose to go? (Let’s say this includes southern France, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, and Morocco. Whew!)
- Eggplant is a big part of mediterranean cuisine but a divisive vegetable for many in the United States. Do you like eggplant?
- Take The Italian Food Test What do you think of your result?