New Quiz: What’s Your Summer Style?

What's your summer fashion style? Breezy, fun, or casual?

What’s your summer fashion style? Breezy, fun, or casual?

Do you love summer fashions and trends? I am still getting used to them, believe it or not! I grew up in a place cool enough to need a sweater and long pants at night in the summer, so I never really embraced the whole summer clothes thing. Sure, I had a couple pairs of shorts and sundresses, but there were afternoons in the summer when it was too cold to wear them. And come late August, it was already time to tuck my summer clothes away for nine long months.

Now that I live in a warmer area, I have to take summer fashion more seriously. I have no choice! It’s practically “summer” for half the year. And I learned quickly that shorts and a t-shirt isn’t going to cut it for every occasion. I’m slowly learning about summery shoes, skirts, and dresses. And you know what? I like them! I’m happier wearing some fun summer clothes when I know I won’t be cold in them. (Although I do always carry a sweater for places where they crank the A/C.)

My new love of summer fashion inspired my latest quiz, What’s Your Summer Style?. And unlike many fashion quizzes, this one is appropriate for all the guys and ladies reading. I didn’t want to leave anyone out! Let me know what you think of your result.

1. What do you get on What’s Your Summer Style? Is it true for you?
  2. What kind of clothes do you like to wear in the summer? Is it your favorite season for fashion? (If not, what is?)
  3. What trends have you noticed this summer, fashion or otherwise? What do you think of these trends?
  4. Take What’s Your Style Type? What do you think of your result?

15 thoughts on “New Quiz: What’s Your Summer Style?

1. Ida

1. Your Summer Style Is Breezy – Yup! Great quiz, too! I had fun with it. 🙂
    2. I like light fabrics and colors or prints and I mostly wear dresses and skirts, I think that makes the heat a bit more bearable for me. I like to throw in a crazy nail color and some sunglasses or a wide-brimmed hat.
    3. I looove what’s going on this summer – lots of sheer fabrics, interesting cutouts, head-to-toe white looks, flowers… I almost had a meltdown last time I went shopping!
    4. Your Style Is Glamourous – I have to agree with everything in my result even if it makes me sound a bit like a pretentious A-hole. 😛

1. Your Summer Style is Casual
    2. T-shirt/shorts, spring.
    3. Skinny jeans and jean shorts, I don’t like it (a cousin of mine who’s not even a teen yet often wears skinny jean shorts and another younger cousin sometimes does too).
    4. Classic/bohemian

I’m not really a fan of skinny jeans on guys. Just a personal preference, but it looks like they raided their little sisters’ closets!

1. Your Summer Style is Casual. lol yep. It always is an amazing feeling just walking out the door without having to pile on layers haha
    2. Capris and a t-shirt. I really don’t care about fashion, I just buy what I like. I like how “easy” summer clothes are though
    3. Bad movies, it seems like. All the ones I’ve seen commercials for look dumb. Sad..
    4. Your Style is Casual. Haha, yep 😛

4. Vani B.

1. Your Summer Style is Breezy

You love summer fashions and styles. You like to rock a summery look and enjoy nice summer clothes.
    This time of year it can be a bit challenging to dress well, and you accept the challenge.

Just because it’s hot out, you don’t look at the weather as an excuse to dress down. You still look smart.
    When in doubt, you adopt a classic summer look from the past. Linen and fun prints always look good.

You also enjoy changing out your accessories this time of year. Different bags, shoes, and watches make it feel like a holiday.
    Even if you’re just relaxing this summer, you’ve got the look to go anywhere in a classy style.

Yep, that’s me!
    2. In spring, I bust out the capris, skirts and dresses and wear them all summer. My favorite summer piece is my black sundress with this beige embroidery at the neckline (which is a sweetheart neckline). I used to be all about flip flops (I am Floridian, after all!), but now I prefer sandals with a little heel. I still wear my sunglasses and SPF products year-round, though… can’t be too careful!
    3. Nothing stands out this year other than shorts, sunglasses, flip-flops and light colors… but that’s true of any summer.
    4. Your Style is Classic

You want clothes that will stand the test of time, and you’re willing to invest in quality pieces.
    You don’t fall for trends, and you don’t change your style very often.

You know what looks flattering on you, and you stick to it. People can count on you to be well dressed.
    When you want to change things up, you’ll experiment with some color and accessories. You know a little goes a long way.

Again, very me.

I’m glad both the results fit you, and that sundress sounds totally gorgeous! I love a sweetheart neckline 🙂

1. Casual. Yep. That’s my all the time style pretty much.
    2. I wear almost the same thing year round. I will change out my flip flops for sneakers or boots if it gets cold and ill put on a hoodie or coat. I love all the seasons. But I guess I’ll pick summer for now. I would like to have more of a chance to wear coats and boots. I liked to uncover more when I was younger and thinner. Now I’d like to relax under some layers. Lol.
    3. Hmmm. Guess I haven’t paid any attention to the trends of the season.
    4. Classic. Yep. Probably.

The beauty of Texas is a very simplified wardrobe. I mostly like that, but like you, I’d love to rock the coat and boots look a bit more 🙂

What do you get on What’s Your Summer Style? Is it true for you?

Breezy – yes!

I like skirts! But my favorite season for fashion is fall, for sure. I like layers!

So many 90s clothes! I can’t really say I want to wear them, because I wore them the first time around 🙂

Take What’s Your Style Type? What do you think of your result?

Bohemian… I wish. It’s a generous assessment!

I think I may have been overly optimistic about myself when taking the quiz, I swear 😉 My wardrobe is 90% t-shirts, jeans, jean skirts, crappy sandals. I wish I dressed like people on the Banana Republic web site!