New Quiz: How Are You Psychic?

woman happy looking off into space

Are you psychic? Take this quiz to find out how you might use your intuition.

Have you ever wondered if you were psychic? Or are you one of those rare people who “just knows” you have psychic gifts? I have never thought that I was psychic (I’m too much a doofus to be one), and I’m not honestly sure if anyone can be psychic. That being said, I think our intuition and sixth sense can surprise all of us in interesting ways. And I thought that could be a fun topic to explore.

How has your sixth sense or intuition guided you correctly? I know for myself, I’ve occasionally been able to predict what happened, even though the chances of it happening felt very small at the time. I’ve also been able to sense that something was “off” with a person I’ve just met, even though I couldn’t pinpoint it. (This is a six sense that I wish I had had more often in my past!) And when I was in junior high, I used to be pretty good at guessing who was calling – before the era of caller ID ๐Ÿ˜‰ I don’t know if I would call any of these things psychic occurrences, but they are definitely examples of my intuition working overtime.

I recently came across an article about the different types of psychic powers people have, and I thought it would be an interesting topic for a quiz. This quiz tells you what sort of psychic powers you’d be most likely to have. And if you’re like me and skeptical about psychic abilities – don’t worry! This quiz is just as much about intuition.

Give How Are You Psychic? a go, and let me know what you think of your result. Also, I’m curious to know what you think of psychic powers in general? Do you believe in them? Do you have any?

1. What do you get onย How Are You Psychic?ย Is it true for you?
  2. Do you believe in psychic abilities? Why or why not?
  3. Describe a time where your intuition or six sense really blew your mind. What happened?
  4. If you could have psychic powers, what would you most like to do with them?
  5. Takeย Are You Psychic?ย What do you think of your result?

P.S. Get my latest and greatest Blogthings quizzes every week in your email.ย Learn about each weekโ€™s new quizzes by signing up forย Blogthings Weekly!

22 thoughts on “New Quiz: How Are You Psychic?

1. maureenmojen

1. Clairsentient. It’s true! Kind of unfortunate sometimes, because when I’m around people who are emotionally disturbed I find it nearly impossible to be happy. I sometimes have trouble separating my own emotions from other people’s. Consequently, I need a lot of alone time.

2. Yes I do! Mostly because of my experiences, but it also makes sense to me. I don’t view it as necessarily something supernatural. I think often “psychic” experiences are actually a result of a person’s ability to imagine, and to take in more information than they are immediately aware (ex: predictive dreams may be the result of little details we didn’t realize we noticed being processed in our sleep). That said, I think most people who try to make a profit out of being psychic are hacks. I don’t think it is really something that can be controlled at will.

3. I had a dream that came true down to tiny little details. What was said, what was worn, body positions. It probably would’ve freaked me out if I hadn’t been a child at the time! I’ve had other predictive dreams, but that one was the most eerily exact.

4. Oh gosh, I don’t know! I suppose being an advisor to someone important, someone trying to make the world a better place.

5. 80%. I think it is because I read so much! I think reading enhances our ability to empathize and imagine outcomes.

I like your analysis here in #2. It’s a good point that psychic type abilities don’t necessarily have to mean supernatural abilities. I think a lot of commenters (including me) would agree with you, and you expressed this viewpoint quite eloquently!

2. syndyela

1. Clairsentient. I agree that to this. Sometimes I can’t help but to feel also the person’s soul— how happy or sad one’s soul is… Sometimes it becomes a burden because I sense the sadness in most of the persons I meet ๐Ÿ™ But I guess that’s pretty normal. There’s no such thing as a perfect happy person.

2. I believe that every person has their psychic ability in him. It’s just that people today are too busy with their lives, they couldn’t stop and realize this.

3. My husband, who is currently in another country for a one-year business trip, informed me that the previous girl he courted before we got together (which is also his officemate) will be staying with at his apartment (they will be with another guy officemate) also for business purposes. A normal wife would react harshly about the situation and force his husband to switch apartments, etc… Personally I don’t like them living in the same house for a year. But I just stayed calm and even teased him about it. I actually didn’t care too much at all. It must be because I trust my husband. After a month, I learned that he and his another guy officemate will be placed in another 2-room apartment, and the girl will stay in the hotel. Now I know why I didn’t care much at all…because everything worked the way I wanted to be. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. If I had psychic powers, I would like to use the skill to help people to be better individuals.

5. 50% psychic. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hahaha! I love the story about your intuition and your husband’s work situation. It worked out perfectly, and you didn’t have to be the “bad guy.” I think the worst way my intuition has failed me in situations like that where I did the opposite. Nothing like making a fuss over something that works itself out anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. You Are Clairsentient. This result is SO me! People’s emotions definitely rub off on me and I am very sensitive. Reading about animal deaths/abuse really bothers me. I try to stay away from depressing news haha
    2. Not exactly, though it feels like mom and I read each others thoughts a lot haha. Maybe it’s cause we’re so close..
    3. I’ve predicted I would see someone soon/at a certain place and sure enough I did..that was pretty awesome haha
    4. Maybe to see the future and prevent bad things from happening
    5. You Are 70% Psychic. lol cool ๐Ÿ˜›

Oh man, animal stuff gets me down as well ๐Ÿ™ I have to avoid it as much as I can, but it’s hard sometimes.

1. Clairvoyant with quite a bit of clairaudient
    2. Yes, but not like what mediums and fortune tellers claim to have
    3. Can’t remember anything right now
    4. To fight against bad people more easily
    5. You Are 40% Psychic

5. Wendy

You are clairvoyant ..not so sure..but maybe. Had an interesting vision not so long ago that stayed with me for days

Haha! I like your skepticism ๐Ÿ™‚ Vision definitely goes with being a “see-er” or clairvoyant, even if you just have good visual intuition…

1. Clairsentient… the ability to feel…can’t help but experience the emotions and moods of those around you…highly intuitive…very emotional and sensitive to the world around you. Even a book, article, or TV show can deeply affect you. Sensitivity is your strength, but it can be a burden at times. You wish that you could care less. You need to be around those who tread lightly and find yourself gravitating toward those who are a bit more stable and secure. Needy people will drain you until you have nothing left.
    2. I believe all things are possible but most of what you actually hear about is dubious and or ignorant.
    3. Usually it’s my dreams or Deja Vu that surprise me. I had a dream once about going through someone’s office and finding a note/letter about them moving. They later announced a career change and a move to New York.
    4. I would use any intuition/knowledge in order to advise and guide.
    5. 80%. I think I just pay attention to some things others are too busy to care about.

Totally laughed at your “ignorant” comment. I have to agree. And you definitely seem very intuitive from both your results – very cool!

Sometimes I buy a stack of interesting magazines and occasionally I don’t read them all right away. Last night I couldn’t sleep and found a magazine I had bought but hadn’t even glanced through, BrainWorld from Summer 2012. I started reading it and one of the first articles was Titled “Ring, Your Intuition Is Calling!”. Some of it was: Everyone has intuition. You don’t need special psychic abilities. The first step to accessing it is becoming aware of it. It is the act of knowing without rational thought processes. Meaning information has come to you without deliberately thinking about it. Intuition is right brain “sensory” work as opposed to left brain chatter. There are four ways intuition sends messages, seeing,hearing,feeling, thinking/knowing. (It was a little unclear about the last one as it directly mentioned clairvoyant, clairaudient, clairsentient but only Clair iteself in relation to the last bit.). And at last it said now that you know your strength the way to access it is to give it attention and gave some tips to help do that.

That’s really interesting – and it makes a lot of sense to me. I always solve a problem when I am completely away from it… like when showering, cooking, etc. When I was in college, math solutions used to come to me in dreams. Good old intuition!

What do you get on How Are You Psychic?Is it true for you?

Clairaudient – somewhat. I think this quiz has shown me that I am sensitive to sound, and it’s true that I pick up on background noises.

Do you believe in psychic abilities? Why or why not?

Probably not – they haven’t been proven to me!

One time I had a really bad feeling about a guy who everyone said I was crazy to be suspicious of. It turned out that he was a big time thief!

If you could have psychic powers, what would you most like to do with them?

Predict the stock market ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take Are You Psychic? What do you think of your result?

30% – probably about right! I love the question about being able to finding where your going just by intuition. That’s SO not me. Thank goodness for GPS ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, about directions, I’m so uncomfortable with driving and getting lost that I just don’t trust myself. I always use GPS and sometimes I still get it wrong even though if I had gone with intuition instead of second guessing myself it would have saved me some trouble.

That’s awesome! I’m so glad you were able to go ๐Ÿ™‚

Did you happen to go to the Galleria for your shopping? I love Houston so much – great shopping, dining, city life.

Yes, me too! I am only comfortable driving around the old part of my hometown … which of course I don’t live in any longer.