Happy 4th of July, everyone! If you get the day off today, then I hope you’re having a blast (not literally though). If you’re working, then I hope you enjoy a few quiz diversions. I’m going to do a little low key cooking for Mr. Blogthings and I, and then we’ll have a relaxed night at home. Maybe watch the fireworks on TV. We don’t have a great vantage point to see them from our house, and I don’t want to leave my doggie alone to be scared of the noise.
This is one of my favorite holiday weekends, mostly because I like summer food and fireworks. If I had a pool, I’m sure I’d throw a pool party. Growing up, the 4th of July was a big deal in my area… and I even remember participating in a kid’s parade one year with my dog!
To celebrate the 4th of July, I wrote a themed quiz: What Part of the 4th of July Are You? Don’t worry if you’re not American or a huge 4th of July celebrator… I think you’ll like this one anyway 🙂 Let me know what you get and what your plans for today are!
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on What Part of the 4th of July Are You? Is it true for you?
- Americans: Are you celebrating the 4th of July this year? Why or why not? If you are celebrating, what are you doing to celebrate?
- Non-Americans: When is independence day or the national holiday in your country? How do you celebrate?
- In the US, this weekend is often considered the first when summer is in full swing. What are your summer weekend plans? (Or winter, for those of you lucky enough to be in winter right now. I know at least one of you is!)
- Take How Independent Are You? What do you think of your result?