New Quiz: What Part of the 4th of July Are You?

Vintage car decorated for 4th of July

What part of the 4th of July are you? Take my latest quiz to find out.

Happy 4th of July, everyone! If you get the day off today, then I hope you’re having a blast (not literally though). If you’re working, then I hope you enjoy a few quiz diversions. I’m going to do a little low key cooking for Mr. Blogthings and I, and then we’ll have a relaxed night at home. Maybe watch the fireworks on TV. We don’t have a great vantage point to see them from our house, and I don’t want to leave my doggie alone to be scared of the noise.

This is one of my favorite holiday weekends, mostly because I like summer food and fireworks. If I had a pool, I’m sure I’d throw a pool party. Growing up, the 4th of July was a big deal in my area… and I even remember participating in a kid’s parade one year with my dog!

To celebrate the 4th of July, I wrote a themed quiz:ย What Part of the 4th of July Are You?ย Don’t worry if you’re not American or a huge 4th of July celebrator… I think you’ll like this one anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ Let me know what you get and what your plans for today are!

1. What do you get onย What Part of the 4th of July Are You?ย Is it true for you?
  2. Americans: Are you celebrating the 4th of July this year? Why or why not? If you are celebrating, what are you doing to celebrate?
  3. Non-Americans: When is independence day or the national holiday in your country? How do you celebrate?
  4. In the US, this weekend is often considered the first when summer is in full swing. What are your summer weekend plans? (Or winter, for those of you lucky enough to be in winter right now. I know at least one of you is!)
  5. Takeย How Independent Are You?ย What do you think of your result?

16 thoughts on “New Quiz: What Part of the 4th of July Are You?

1. Robin Sykes

1. I got fireworks woohoo.
    2. I celebrate it every year with eating and having fun.
    4. I don’t have no plans I see how it goes.
    5. Mines was low.

1. OUTDOOR CONCERT You love to be out and about on the town. You’re the type who likes to be doing something – not just hanging out.
    You love culture, people watching, and good conversation. You love to be intellectually tickled and challenged. You may not be the most social person in the world, but you enjoy being around hustle and bustle. Of all the types, you tend to get the most bored during holidays. You don’t like to simply kick back… you like to be entertained.
    This 4th of July, you’re likely to have your pulse on the beat of your town. You’ve got some great things planned! You love all the free, celebratory events going on. There’s some fun to be had, and you’re going to go find it.
    2. We usually get together with family and eat and watch fireworks.
    5. My Independence level is Medium.

1. You Are Independence
    2. Not sure what to do yet
    3. N/A
    4. I’m not really a planner
    5. Your Independence Level: Medium

1. You Are A Parade. I definitely try to smile at people, but my autism doesn’t let me be sociable all the time haha
    2. I’m gonna go over to my parents’ house and relax and have a barbeque. We might float down the river too
    4. We might travel somewhere, but I’m not sure yet (mom’s retiring later in the month and there’s so much smoke from all the forest fires D:)
    5. Medium. Yeah that sounds about right

I think a parade is perfect for friendly but not necessarily social types. (I consider myself this type for sure.) It’s fun to smile and wave, but we don’t have to talk to anyone up close! I got to throw candy at people in a parade once, and I loved it.

I got “You are Independence” too, Monica! I think it fits well, lofty or not. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m celebrating and not celebrating–I’m not going to a party or the fireworks or anything, but I’m going to take it easy and relax. I’ve already read the Declaration of Independence! It’s quite a statement, that, to put down on paper and sign your name to, deadly dangerous at the time and an explanation for the ages.

I got “Your Independence Level: High”, and yeah, that’s true!

I like what you said about the Declaration of Independence. So very true!

I think we are celebrating in the exact same style. Feels great to have a day off ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello Kari, congrats on Independence Day! And thanks for including us non-Americans in your questionnaire. ๐Ÿ™‚ As you know, I’m a Swedish citizen, but took the quiz anyway…

You Are Independence

A lofty answer for a 4th of July quiz, but you’re a lofty type of person. You are quite idealistic.
    You have many things that you believe in, and independence is at the top of your list. You love being self-reliant.

You need to have the freedom to do whatever you want in your life. You make your own decisions.
    Sometimes you happily follow the crowd, and sometimes you stand your ground. The most important thing is that it’s up to you to choose.

So this 4th of July, you may eagerly engage in all the festivities. Or you may sit it all out. Whatever you feel like.
    No matter what you choose, you’ll be smiling a little at the thought of others boisterously celebrating freedom.

Comment: Very accurate result, except for 1) not being idealistic, and 2) very bad at celebrating national holiday – I see it mostly as a well-deserved day off duty. Am not a patriot either, I see myself more as a European and world citizen.

2. N/A.

3. Swedish national holiday is on June 6. As mentioned before, I just like being off duty on that day.

4. Your Independence Level: High

You are extremely self reliant and autonomous.
    You are definitely into doing your own thing.
    But you also wouldn’t turn down help if you needed it.
    You follow your own path, but you don’t do so blindly.

Comment: To some people’s joy and many more people’s annoyance, this is very true.

1. moonstep1969

Something went wrong (again). The Blogthings fan is me, Monica Erikson. Bet you’ve already figured it out, however, since there seem to be no more Swedes than me appearing here on the Blogthings blog.

Very true – you are the only Swede so far ๐Ÿ™‚ I did know it was you – plus your user icon came through!

I enjoy simply having a day off as well. I love reading your perspective on this outcome. I do think it probably comes off a bit patriotic and nationalistic because we Americans are so much more that way than Swedes ๐Ÿ™‚ I wish more of a global perspective was offered in the press, but luckily I can find it online!

Thanks for celebrating with us, Monica!