New Quiz: The Modern Painting Test

What does the modern painting you like best say about you? Take this image quiz to find out.

Do you like modern paintings? I like some of them. I’ll be the first to admit that the modern wing of most museums aren’t my favorite place to hang out. They’re a little more hit or miss for me. As far as modern paintings go, I like paintings full of landscapes, people, buildings, animal, or just plain stuff. If that’s not quite modern enough for you, then I also like paintings that are full of color and busyness, even if they aren’t about anything in particular. What I’m not a fan of, however, is paintings that are very simple – of one shape or color. Or even just a canvas painted one color. I guess I just don’t get those 😉

Despite my modern art pickiness, I do want to like more of it, especially paintings. I already love modern architecture (so much), design, photography, some drawing, some sculpture… I’d love to add paintings to my list. In some ways, I feel like it’s the last piece in the puzzle for me truly appreciating all forms of art. And it would be nice not to rush through the modern part of the art museum every time I go 🙂

So when I found some modern paintings that I loved, I knew I had to make a quiz out of them. I hope you like looking at these at much as I did. Take The Modern Painting Test, and let me know what you get. Also, comment below to let me know what you think of modern art.

1. What do you get on The Modern Painting Test? Is it true for you?
  2. Do you you have any modern painters that you love?
  3. What kind of paintings do you like best? This can be an era, theme, style, color…
  4. Take What Artist Should Paint Your Portrait? What do you think of your result?

18 thoughts on “New Quiz: The Modern Painting Test

1. Confident. I don’t know about that.
    2. There are several I’ve come across because on the Internet and I love to follow them on Facebook and Twitter. A name escapes me at the moment. Maybe I’ll come back with some.
    3. Nope. Can’t limit my choices.
    4. Andy Warhol?! I don’t know what’s happening with my outcomes on this subject.

I did consider that and it’s a good point. Lol. But my second choices might be a little closer to true. Idealistic and M.C. Escher. Escher has always been a favorite of mine.

Wow! Thanks for introducing me to both those artists. I like them both quite a bit. Realistic art can be very cool, and they both do it well.

I got Idealistic, which doesn’t fit so went for the second fave pic, which delivered an accurate result, albeit a bit boring result:

You Are Serious

You are the type of person who is happiest when you’re grounded and into your routine. You like predictability.
    You don’t mind having responsibilities and jobs to do. If anything, being needed helps you stabilize your life.

You are honest, loyal, and ethical. You can be depended on to do the right thing no matter what the circumstances.
    You believe ‘what goes around comes around’, and you try to set a good example for others … even if they’re behaving poorly.

You take things seriously, but not too seriously. You surprise others with your offbeat humor and ability to make fun of yourself.
    You give everything your all, including having fun. You do well socially, especially in more structured situations.

Comment in general: I liked all these paintings very much. Normally I prefer photograps though. Not very knowledgeable in the painting area at all

I normally prefer photographs as well… they are easier for me to relate to in some ways, but I am definitely in awe of people who can paint 🙂

1. You Are Idealistic. I am introspective and can’t stand conflict haha
    2. I dunno..I’m not really into art
    3. Landscapes, like mountains. I have a super awesome painting of the Northern Lights too
    4. Salvador Dali. Ooh..I’m so mysterious 😉

1. Idealistic/artistic
    2. Can’t think of any right now
    3. Pop, surreal, morbid/macabre
    4. Salvador Dali or Alfred Gockel

I got “You are Idealistic” and that is pretty much right. (Except that, while it is perfectly true that I don’t like conflict, I like being stepped on even less–I’ll almost always stomp back!)

I love Georgia O’Keefe, and a lot of Rothko–but those are not precisely contemporary! I do like quite a bit of modern art, but I’m not up on the current “names”. 🙂

My favorite paintings/painters? Monet’s water paintings, and all of Vermeer (not that that is very many!).

What artist should paint my portrait–I got Escher. Well, that would be interesting, for sure!

I love Georgia O’Keefe too! I grew up in the Southwest, a few hours from her home in New Mexico, and she was the first famous painter I was ever aware of… (besides Bob Ross). I like both her southwestern paintings and her city stuff 🙂

Haha! I don’t know what I was thinking for Escher as a result. How funny 🙂

6. Vani B.

1. You Are Confident

You are sure of yourself and willing to take charge of any situation. You are happy to take the lead.
    You see every challenge as a possibility, and you are highly motivated to succeed. You don’t like failure.

If you do make a mistake, you don’t want to ever repeat. You see ever misstep as a chance to learn, and you make sure to correct your ways.
    You have a strong personal presence. People tend to listen to you and respect your opinion… even if they don’t know you well.

You are a quick decision maker, and you think clearly under pressure. You can explain yourself easily when pressed to.
    Above all, you are an idea person. You can get yourself out of almost any situation or problem with creativity – and even grace.

…Well, obviously, I do like to work hard, accomplish my goals and learn from mistakes. As far as decision-making, when I have really important situations to face, that’s when I make clear-cut choices. The unimportant stuff, like whether I should buy mousse or curling cream, sometimes I let my hubby field those. 😀
    2. Pablo Picasso, Andy Warhol, Jean-Michel Basquiat, D*Face.
    3. I’m definitely a fan of colorful abstracts, as shown in this new quiz, and I love Picasso’s Cubism period. I’m a fan of the multicolored prints Warhol did and admire anything inspired by that. My older brother is actually an artist, and favors deviant stuff like graffiti art, so of course I appreciate the work of Basquiat and other graffiti artists. My hubby’s favorite artist is Salvador Dalí, but his work is a little morbid for me, with the exception of works like The Persistence of Memory and Homage to Newton (actually, I like all of his sculptures).
    4. Who Should Paint You: Andy Warhol (what do you know, one of my favorites)

You’ve got an interested edge that would be reflected in any portrait
    You don’t need any fancy paint techniques to stand out from the crowd!

I’m a big fan of Dali as well! I got the chance to go to the Dali museum in St. Petersburg, Florida many years back before I was that familiar with his work. I’ve liked him ever since 🙂

7. Ruth

My results pointed towards ‘The Idealistic’. I am introverted for the most part and find solace and comfort from nature and God. I do believe that many can find the answer to their conflict and inner turmoil if they will just take the time to be quiet and reflect. My results were very accurate.