New Quiz: What Does Your Birth Flower Say About You?

yellow daffodil in a field

What is your birth month’s flower? And what does it say about you?

Did you know that we all have birth flowers? I had no idea until I recently read an article about them. It turns out that birth flowers are a long honored tradition, dating back to the Romans (if you believe Wikipedia!). Over the years, different cultures have designated different flowers for each time of the year – with a lot of overlap. Just like with gemstones, there isn’t necessarily one flower for your month … it depends on region and tradition. However, the flowers for each month tend to be very similar and from the same family.

Needless to say, when I discovered birth flowers, I knew I had to write a quiz about them. I love flowers – not so much getting them but actually appreciating them in nature. I think it’s cool that flowers come with meanings, symbolism, and tradition attached to them. Clearly, they are a great topic for a quiz, and what gets easier than having to simply pick out your birth month.

So if you’re looking for some quick fun, take What Does Your Birth Flower Say About You? This is one of my quick, instant gratification quizzes 🙂 Let me know what you get, and what you think of your result.

1. What do you get on What Does Your Birth Flower Say About You? Is it true for you?
  2. Do you have a favorite flower? What is it? How did it come to be your favorite?
  3. Have you ever gotten flowers for your birthday or a special occasion? What do you think of flowers as a gift?
  4. When was the last time you gave someone flowers?
  5. Take What Color Flower Are You? What do you get? Is it true for you?

P.S. Don’t miss any new Blogthings quizzes! Sign up for my weekly email list: Blogthings Weekly

12 thoughts on “New Quiz: What Does Your Birth Flower Say About You?

1. Your Birth Flower is a Rose. Seems pretty true, though expressing myself can be hard
    2. Fireweed, for one. It grows up here in Alaska and it’s so pretty! It seems like a special plant. I’ve had fireweed jelly too, which is delicious. I also like chokecherry flowers, they smell so good!
    3. I’ve gotten flowers for Valentine’s Day. I think it’s nice, though it’s sad when they die 😛
    4. Not sure..
    5. You Are a Blue Flower. I’m probably delicate, I hope I’m not cold though!

1. Your Birth Flower is a Marigold
    2. Don’t know right now
    3. No, nice
    4. When I was a kid, to my Mom
    5. You Are a Blue Flower

1. POPPY Like a poppy, you are very energetic but well versed in conserving your energy. You know when it’s time to rest, and you take rest very seriously. You completely shut out the world. A poppy symbolizes drastic and sudden growth, something you’ve experienced a fair amount in your life. You’re the type of person who feels like you’re going no where, and boom! A big life change or shift happens. A poppy often stands for dreaminess or imagination. You often have your head in the clouds. You may be flighty, but you seem to pull it all together when you need to. No one knows the secret to your success… including you.
    2. I like images of poppies. I’ve had all different kinds of favorites. Sunflowers, orchids, gladiolus…
    3. My husband has given me flowers quite a few times. I like getting them.
    5. A blue flower tends to represent peace, openness, and balance.
    At times, you are very delicate like a cornflower.
    And at other times, you are wise like an iris.
    And more than you wish, you’re a little cold, like a blue hydrangea.

Oops. #4. I gave my daughter an arrangement of fake flowers, feathers, sparkly things and candy that i made myself in March or April after a performance. My husband sent her a smiley face bouquet (from us) for her birthday in May.

4. Vani B.

1. Your Birth Flower is a Chrysanthemum

Like a chrysanthemum, you are bursting with cheerfulness, color, and optimism.
    You see the world as an abundant place. There is plenty of joy for anyone who wants it.

You are quick to laugh, smile, or crack a joke. You love to lighten the mood whenever possible.
    You are a great friend, and you’re always looking for more partners in crime. You have the best time with your pals.

If you fall in love, you tend to keep it a secret for a long time. You make your move slowly.
    You usually won’t indicate your feelings unless you are sure they are mutual. You don’t like to make others uncomfortable.

Most of this is true… as a youngster, I did make my infatuations known. Experience made me reluctant to do so as an adult (although it’s a good thing I was reluctant, with some of the yahoos I developed a crush on… ha ha, what was I thinking?!), but then one special guy I had my eye on pursued me and made his feelings known, and he ended up winning my heart. We got married two years later. The first two paragraphs are true. I love to laugh and love being around people who make me laugh.

2. I like carnations. To me, they smell the nicest, kind of baby powder-y, and I love how lush they look and the silkiness of the petals. My favorite color carnations are bright red, white and baby pink.

3. I’ve gotten corsages and bouquets on several occasions. They’re nice, but they die after a week or so, which prompts me to believe that it’s a waste of money. I prefer candy or jewelry.

4. As a kid I used to pick them from bushes and trees (that sometimes got me in trouble, but not too much since my intentions were good), and then give them to my mom and friends. I also had the Fantastic Roses maker when I was eight and would give my mom those scented paper flowers (I tried to find the commercial for it on YouTube… the closest thing I could find was this, which was made by the same toy company. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6lIRvTfto). Never bought any real bouquets though.

5. You Are a White Flower

A white flower tends to represent purity, simple beauty, and modesty.
    At times, you are dignified like a magnolia.
    And at other times, you represent great ecstasy, like a white orchid.
    And more than you wish, you’re a little boastful, like a white hydrangea.

Okay, I’ll buy it!

Oh my goodness! I remember the commercial for Fantastic Flowers, although I never had it or anything like it.

I like carnations too! I feel like they get an unfair bad rap, but they are so beautiful and versatile.

5. Sarah B.

1. “Your Birth Flower is a Lily of the Valley”. About 90% of it is true.

2. No.

3. Yes. They’re OK.

4. Years ago.

5. “You Are a White Flower”. No it’s not true at all.

What do you get on What Does Your Birth Flower Say About You? Is it true for you?

Violet – it at least shows how I’d like to be

Do you have a favorite flower? What is it? How did it come to be your favorite?

I like the flowers on chives because they are edible and taste like garlic 🙂

It’s been a long time. I’m kind of meh about flowers unless they come in a pot and are a more permanent sort of thing.

When was the last time you gave someone flowers?

Tough question. I’m more of a thoughtful card or little gift type.

Take What Color Flower Are You? What do you get? Is it true for you?

Blue – yes, and it’s very close to the color of a violet.