New Quiz: The Guitar Test

3 electric guitars

What does the guitar you like best say about you? Take this quick quiz to find out.

Have you ever dreamed of playing guitar? I have! My dream of playing guitar came a bit late in life, after meeting Mr. Blogthings – who happens to be an amazing guitarist. I totally got the guitar bug from him, but I haven’t had time to learn much yet. (I do bang on the drums on occasion though.) I hope that at least one day I can become a decent guitarist. I love the idea of being able to make great music with just my voice and guitar. Of course, I’d have to have a good singing voice too… that’s another story for another quiz πŸ˜‰

I love the way that guitar sounds, especially heavy metal guitar – something I never thought I would develop a taste for. I also like heavier power pop type guitar sounds. Classical guitar is nice too, although I’m still learning to develop a deeper appreciation for that. As someone who grew up playing piano, I was a little slow to appreciate how talented guitarists can be and how great guitar music is. I’m sad it took me a while, but now I’m hooked!

When I came across a collection of cool guitar pictures, I knew I was going to have to base a quiz around them. Here it is:Β The Guitar Test! I think you’ll like this one whether you’re a musician or not. It tells you why you rock πŸ™‚

1. What do you get onΒ The Guitar Test?Β Is it true for you?
  2. Do you play guitar? If not, have you ever wanted to learn guitar?
  3. What kind of guitar music do you prefer? Electric guitar? Acoustic guitar? Classical guitar?
  4. Who are some of your favorite guitarists?
  5. TakeΒ What Kind of Rocker Are You? What do you think of your result?

P.S. Want to rock out to new Blogthings quizzes every week? Get each week’s new quizzes first by signing up forΒ Blogthings Weekly!

22 thoughts on “New Quiz: The Guitar Test

You Are Passionate

You are a person who has a few deep loves and / or interests that you feel intensely about.
    You can’t help but get a little obsessed with whatever your interested in. You like to learn about and master all aspects of something.

If you were a musician, you would really give it your all. Music would be the most important thing in your life.
    Whether you became a star or not, you would never give up. You don’t do anything halfway.

You rock because you are unabashed about the things you love. You never feign disinterest or indifference.
    It may be uncool to get as excited as you do about your passions, but you don’t care. You’re having too much fun to notice.
    I don’t play guitar at all though, but I love music in the whole!

in the results for the blue one, you use the word navel…I think you wanted to use “novel.” A navel is a belly button

3. Mary

1. Down to earth… Mm, I hope it’s true, it sounds very flattering πŸ˜‰
    2. Yeah, sometimes. πŸ™‚ I recently broke my guitar, though, so I’m waiting for it to be fixed.
    3. I like all of it very much, but I do have a specific kind that really gets to me especially… I describe it as, electric guitar in a minor key with a discernible melody and relatively heavy reverb… You mentioned you love heavy metal guitar; I love the guitar in Welcome Home Sanitarium by Metallica, that would be an example…
    4. Who are some of your favorite guitarists? Johnny Marr, Bernard Sumner, Ben Gibbard, Kurt Cobain, David Roback, Nick Drake, etc…
    5. Indie rocker… Mm, yes, very accurate.

Awww, I hope your guitar is fixed soon! I know from Mr. Blogthings how hard it is for a guitar player to be guitar-less πŸ™‚

I got “You are Free Spirited”, and first I was going to say it didn’t fit because I do not like to drive–but there are other ways to be on the road, and I love traveling so long as someone else is driving (or piloting or whatever), so I can sit back and enjoy the view. πŸ™‚

I do play guitar–acoustic, folk-type guitar, just strumming, but I love the feel of the music humming through my body! But I haven’t played in a long time–my fingers got too loose-jointed to hold the strings comfortably. Oh, well!

And I got “You are an Indie Rocker,” which, yeah! πŸ™‚

I agree about traveling in the car. I’m happy to be a passenger for a long while, but I don’t want to be the one driving.

And yes, guitar is so much more physically demanding than people realize. I started with piano as a kid, and everyone told me guitar would be easy in comparison. I’m not sure I agree. The piano doesn’t give my fingers callouses!

1. You Are Reserved. Seems pretty true
    2. No, but I wanted to learn when I was younger. I only took a couple lessons though
    3. Electric! I lovee metal music haha
    4. Luca Turilli of Luca Turilli’s Rhapsody (and formerly of Rhapsody of Fire) is my absolute favorite guitarist. Not only is he hot haha, he is SUPER talented. When I watch him play I’m just like *swoon* His Italian accent doesn’t hurt either. πŸ˜‰ I like Oscar Dronjak of HammerFall too..I met him and got a pic with him a couple years ago..he’s super nice!
    5. You Are an Emo Rocker. “You rock out with meaning.” Haha I love that πŸ˜›

I checked out both those guitarists you like, and I liked them both! You have very similar musical taste to my husband πŸ™‚ Do you happen to be a Dream Theater fan? They are one of my favorite bands and in a similar style.

1. Vani B.

Same! I am also a Scorpio who got this result, and agree it fits those born under the sign. πŸ™‚

6. Vani B.

1. You Are Passionate

Music is certainly my biggest passion and the cornerstone of my future career in music education as well as my current profession as a vocalist, so I make sure I do my job as a musician well. So I could totally relate to this result, especially that last passage.

2. I don’t play guitar, but my husband does, and he also plays trumpet. I do want to pick up piano again, though. I took lessons for twelve years, and I’ve never been that good (probably because I was younger and less focused), but I can read music. Now that I’m older and more focused, I’d like to get back into playing piano… I’d just have to buy one to make that possible. My last lesson was over ten years ago.

3. I like the electric guitar, because it’s very versatile. Everything from rockabilly and blues to metal and alternative can be played on an electric guitar.

4. As a vocalist, I really focus more on the vocals in music, but that’s not to say I don’t appreciate a good riff. That said, I’m really into bluesy guitar music, Γ  la B.B. King. And I love Joe Perry’s “mad guitar skillz, yo.”

5. You Are a Chick Rocker! (Yes. Yes, that’s true.)

You’re living proof that chicks can rock.
    You’re inspired by Joan Jett and the Donnas.
    And when you rock, you rock hard.
    (Plus, you get all the cute guy groupies you want!)

…I think, if I’m being honest, the Indie Rocker result is more me (“in it for the love of the music… not commercial success”). See, I was never a Joan Jett/Donnas fan (my favorite chick rockers are Gwen Stefani, Alanis Morissette and Tina Turner), and I have no interest in scoring any guy groupies… cute as they may be. πŸ˜‰ But I could live without them since I have my own superfan now. πŸ™‚

Hahaha! I love your analysis of the Kind of Rocker quiz! I think guy groupies would be overrated at this point in my life too. And I also love Gwen Stefani πŸ™‚

What do you get on The Guitar Test? Is it true for you?

Free Spirited. Not as much as I’d like to be!

Do you play guitar? If not, have you ever wanted to learn guitar?

Only a little. Mr. Blogthings bought me a guitar for a birthday, but I’m having trouble getting past the “ouch, it hurts my finger phase”.

I like electric guitar a lot. I think it’s still sort of underappreciated by more “serious” musicians.

Who are some of your favorite guitarists?

I have to say Mr. Blogthings, right? Thankfully it’s true.

Take What Kind of Rocker Are You? What do you think of your result?

Chick rocker! Yes, although I’m just in training right now πŸ˜‰

1. The Guitar Test. Blue Guitar. Thoughtful. Deep and emotive, explore every idea and feeling. Your songs would be expressive. You rock because you are down to earth and real. You embrace the quirkier sides of your personality.
    2. I don’t play. I would like to but it’s more commitment than I want. I have other things right now.
    3. Guitar is my favorite. I like all kinds. Of course I love Rock guitar, electric and acoustic. But I also have a thing for Spanish guitar. Well, I guess I should say something broader like Ethnic Acoustic Styles. Lol.
    4. DJ Ashba. (That might have a lot to do with my lust for him but still…lol)
    5. What Kind Of Rocker? Chick. You’re living proof that chicks can rock. You’re inspired by Joan Jett and the Donnas.
    And when you rock, you rock hard. (Plus, you get all the cute guy groupies you want!) And what kind of first question was that on that quiz? I can’t choose between all those bands!
    You married a guitar player?! I’m so freaking jealous. πŸ˜‰

Hahaha! Being married to a musician does have its perks. I’m pretty lazy about buying music these days… I just use his collection πŸ™‚