New Quiz: What Does Your Favorite Junk Food Say About You?

slice of peperoni pizza

What does your favorite kind of junk food reveal about you?

Do you like junk food? I’m not even going to pretend that I don’t. I try to eat healthy food most of the time, but I definitely like to have a bit of junk food too! I think it’s all about balance and moderation. I try not to eat too much junk food (although it’s difficult when I’m stressed), and I try to find healthier alternatives to the junk food I enjoy.

There is a ton of research on junk food and personality psychology, and some of it is pretty persuasive. It does seem like the food you crave is at least partially based on mood and temperament. However, I’ve always found that this research is a bit lacking – as it doesn’t address the most popular types of junk food.

I wanted to put my own spin on junk food psychology, and I think I have with my latest quiz: What Does Your Favorite Junk Food Say About You? This quick quiz will let you know how your personality matches up with your favorite junk food indulgence. Let me know what you get, and what you think about junk food below!

P.S. – As you may have noticed, there’s no Friday Five this week. I’ve decided to use this time and space to release new quizzes instead. Thanks to everyone who entered the Friday Five, and I hope you’ll enjoy the new quizzes I’m realeasing on Fridays 🙂

1. What do you get on What Does Your Favorite Junk Food Say About You? Is it true for you?
  2. What are some of your favorite junk food indulgences?
  3. When are you most likely to eat junk food? How do you incorporate it into a healthy lifestyle?
  4. Take What Comfort Food Are You? What do you think of your result?

15 thoughts on “New Quiz: What Does Your Favorite Junk Food Say About You?

You Are Down to Earth

You are very grounded. You are proud of who you are, and you don’t try to be anyone else.
    You are true to those close to you. And you never forget your friends and family when things go well for you.

You have a lot of integrity. You’re not the type to throw your beliefs out the window to impress someone.
    You know you aren’t perfect, but if someone doesn’t like you, it’s not your problem. You are good enough as is.

If you prefer cheese pizza, then you are hard to dazzle with fanfare. You prefer what’s high quality and ordinary.
    If you prefer pepperoni pizza, you are exceptionally honest. You don’t mind telling it like it is.
    I’m more a pepperoni girl, and well chocolate, ice cream, and chips. I go flour-less and home-make them with organic ingredients.

I chose ice cream because i find it more reliably delicious and easy to eat than pizza, burgers, candy or chips. I like all of them but I might be more particular about the others more so than ice cream. It says I’m caring. Very compassionate and empathetic…deeply moved by emotions…often seeking comfort from this crazy world…carving off your own quiet, safe place away from it all. You care a lot…You help out as much as you can…disturbed by the injustices in the world…you try to give back.
    If you prefer vanilla ice cream, you are highly sensitive and easily affected by the world around you.
    If you prefer chocolate ice cream, you can’t help but be interested in other people’s gossip and drama.
    I don’t prefer one or the other but rather the best of whichever.
    But at the moment I’m addicted to a chip. Doritos Dinamitas Chile and Limon. I can’t stop. I will eat junk food any time. I eat too much junk food. I believe in and want whole, real food but I’m kinda lazy when it comes to acquiring and preparing it. And I got Mac n Cheese as my comfort food.
    When I’m stressed out, I seek safety above everything else.
    And nothing is more nourishing than a big warm plate of carbs.
    Taking risks takes a toll on me, and I prefer comfort food to be old fashioned.
    I’m the type of person who could eat the same meal every night, especially when life is hard.

That is very true that ice cream is the most reliably delicious choice. I love pizza, but I have definitely had some bad pizza in my life! Same for burgers too. But bad ice cream? As far as I know, no such thing… unless it’s been in a freezer way too long 🙂

Aw, I’ll miss the Friday Five 😛

1. You Are Fun. I am not outgoing haha..it is important everyone’s included though
    2. Popcorn, cake, ice cream, etc
    3. After dinner, at street fairs, etc. I try to eat less of them and more fruit and stuff..it’s hard though 😛
    4. You Are Mac and Cheese. Mmm carbs..

4. maureenmojen

1. You are Caring. Yes quite true, including the part dependent on which flavor I preferred (vanilla).
    2. I don’t eat junk food too often but I do love the occasional sweet: ice cream (made with almond or soy milk, chocolate (especially dark), cookies (especially ginger and sugar cookie), cupcakes (not that big on cake though especially not if chocolate), crepes.
    3. I usually let myself have a piece of dark chocolate or *small* ice cream sandwich at least every other day. Other than that I really only have junk food if it is a special occasion or if I’ve been unusually active and haven’t taken in sufficient calories, like if I’ve spent the entire day walking around the city.
    4. Peanut butter and jelly. well it is true in that I tend to comfort myself with nostalgic things, but change isn’t really what stresses me out most – unless it is a change that makes me feel helpless or powerless, out of control.

I haven’t tried ice cream made with almond milk but I definitely should. Hmmm, small soy ice cream sandwich… could it be a Tofutti Cutie? I love those!

5. Lexi

1. My first result was down to earth. Parts of it were true, parts of it were not. My second result, caring, was exactly me. Interesting how you pinned vanilla ice cream as an indicator of a sensitive person. While it’s not my favorite ice cream, I’ve always preferred it over chocolate and most ice cream personality tests say vanilla lovers are impulsive risk takers (which is nothing like me at all)

2. Pizza, soda, tim’s salt and vinegar chips, pretzels and of course ice cream

3. when I’m craving it, and unfortunately I have difficulty with this

4. peanut butter and jelly. wasn’t really true for me. mac and cheese fits better.

Yes!!! I have seen that vanilla description many places too, and I feel like it’s quite off. I know the reasoning is that people who are adventurous supposedly don’t need it for their food too, but that doesn’t match up with experience. Anecdotally, vanilla lovers I know tend to be sensitive, supertaster types 🙂

1. You Are Down to Earth
    2. Slim Jim, Doritos, and sherbet push-ups
    3. When I feel like it, I’m less healthy than I should be
    4. Peanut Butter and Jelly/Mac and Cheese

Forgot to add these, I also really like reeses (regular and crispy), kit-kat, baby ruth (been a while though), crunch crisp, butterfinger crisp, dark chocolate, and salt & vinegar chips.

What do you get on What Does Your Favorite Junk Food Say About You? Is it true for you?

Down to Earth. Unfortunately, this is a little too true if anything. 😉

What are some of your favorite junk food indulgences?

Pizza, chips, organic “pop tarts”, dark chocolate, coconut milk ice cream.

After a hard day for dinner, or snacking at night if I didn’t eat enough during the day. I try to eat “less bad” natural alternatives, but I also practice moderation.

Take What Comfort Food Are You? What do you think of your result?

Cheese – pretty true!