New Quiz: The Vintage Card Test

four different vintage cards each with flowers

What vintage card best represents your personality? Take my image quiz to find out.

Do you like vintage things? I definitely do, although I’m more of a vintage window shopper than a vintage collector at this point. I’d like to change that one day, but for now, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to have nice things! I do buy some vintage inspired stuff, and I especially love vintage inspired clothes. If I had my druthers, I’d like to collect vintage art and furniture – but it’s not practical for me right now. I’m not sure it goes well with having a rowdy dog and hectic life ๐Ÿ™‚

My love of vintage things is not the only thing I love about the past. I love old literature, movies, manners, recipes, and customs. Were there some sociological things about the past that I wouldn’t want now? Of course! But I feel like history can be a fun escape, and it’s one that I enjoy. From watching Mad Men to Downton Abbey, I like imaging what life was like for the people who came before me.

One of the things from the past that I like to incorporate in my life is cards and stationary. I try to send a hand written note or letter whenever I can. So when I came across a few gorgeous vintage card illustrations, I knew I wanted to do a quiz with them.ย The Vintage Card Testย not only tells you about your personality – it also tells you how you’re polite and old fashioned. Let me know what you get on this one… and if anyone’s curious, I based it on the classic four temperaments but made them a bit more genteel ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. What do you get onย The Vintage Card Test?ย Is it true for you?
  2. Do you like vintage things? What kinds?
  3. What era of vintage do you like the best?
  4. When was the last time you sent someone a card?
  5. Takeย The Card Testย What do you think of your result?

23 thoughts on “New Quiz: The Vintage Card Test

You Are Romantic

You have an idealized version of how things should be. You seek a life full of emotion and passion.
    From an early age, you’ve known exactly what you’ve wanted, and you don’t let anything or anyone block your path.

You are polite because rudeness never gets anyone anywhere. You know how to act in order to get your way.
    You aren’t exactly manipulative, but you do believe in charming people whenever you can. You like them to think they’ve won.

You are old-fashioned in that you still believe in love, meaning, and standing up for what you believe in.
    You have a strong personality, but you have a light touch. There’s more fire to you than others realize.
    Ehhhhhhhhhhh….. I really haven’t seen that side of me quite often, but I truly know that it’s there. I send people cards that special occasions only. Very sentimental.

1. You Are Meticulous. Oh yes..it’s annoying how picky I am ๐Ÿ˜›
    2. I love vintage books! I price them at work (it’s a used bookstore) and we get the coolest vintage books! They’re so pretty and unique. It’s so cool when I see someone’s signature from the 1800s ๐Ÿ˜€
    3. I have no idea..maybe the 1800s/early 1900s cause those seem to be the most unique vintage books..
    4. Hm..Christmas?
    5. You Are Reflective. Somewhat true

Oh yes… Vintage books are awesome. The used bookstore near my house here in Texas has a rare books room. The books are amazing. I don’t trust myself to own them… yet ๐Ÿ™‚

What do you get on The Vintage Card Test? Is it true for you?

Romantic. Sometimes ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s true today – Mr. Blogthings was extra sweet to me.

Do you like vintage things? What kinds?

I love vintage needlepoint, records, kitchen stuff…

What era of vintage do you like the best?

I love anything from the early 60s / start of Mad Men. I’m sort of into 70s too now that we have a record player.

When was the last time you sent someone a card?

This week for my grandma’s birthday.

Take The Card Test What do you think of your result?

Open. I aspire to be this way, but openness is tough!

1. Anna

I just noticed that you no longer show up on the ‘recent comments’ list. It’s a shame, ’cause I like reading your comments as well as everyone else’s!

Awww! I’m glad I have at least one fan ๐Ÿ™‚ Since I comment in batches, my comments showing up felt very spammy to me (and like we only had one person commenting – me!).

So we are trying this out… I usually get around commenting on every comment pretty quickly if you’re looking for mine ๐Ÿ˜‰ (Unless I’m watching a movie.)

Of course, that doesn’t take care of my comments for quizzes saying what I got. Hmmm… I’ll think about that one.

4. Anna

I am poetic!
    I picked the white (?) flower because it matched the background, and I rather like that monochromatic aesthetic separated by strokes of green.

“You are a naturally expressive person and a wonderful storyteller. You love writing and talking to others.
    You have an incredible memory for both facts and feelings. When you recall your own past, it’s like you’re reliving it.”

I’ll admit I’m at least twice as social on the Internet. I do love writing and talking to others; that must be why I’m on Blogthings so often.

“You are polite because you aren’t the type to step on anyone’s toes. You don’t like to cause much of a fuss.
    You mourn the erosion of manners in our culture, and you want to do your best to preserve them.”

I try not to step on others’ toes, yet I’m careful to wear heavy boots.

“You are old-fashioned in that you truly value human connection. People are what matter most in life.
    You think we should focus more on shared experiences and emotions. The world would be a better place if we all expressed ourselves a little more.”

I do value human connection. I consider myself lucky to have a very close friend. There are people with tons of friends, but no one you can have really personal conversations with.

You are so totally right. Having a very close friend is rarer and rarer these days, and it’s more valuable then tons of people you’re not that close with.

Amiable…friendly, optimistic, and warm…can blend into any situation with ease. You listen first and speak later. You deal well with conflict and cold-heartedness by slowly warming people up…polite because you couldn’t imagine being any other way. You were taught to practice the golden rule. You believe that the grumpiest people often need the most compassion. And you are patient enough to care for them…old-fashioned because you have strong interests in both art and nature. You are fascinated by the world around you. Modern things are nice enough, but you can be satisfied with reading a good book in a beautiful flower garden.
    I think this is pretty accurate. I do have my irritable and thoughtless moments but I do work at self control. And while I do love simple things I also have great appreciation for innovation and novelty as well.
    I like some vintage things. I’m very particular about each thing though. I don’t embrace vintage for vintage’s sake. As far as era goes that is pretty broad. I like items from every time period. Sorry to be so vague but my tastes feel too eclectic to pin down here. I think the last time I sent a card in the mail was probably Christmas. I can’t be sure but since sending a greeting is spontaneous and random for me it’s safe to assume that Christmas may have been the most recent time.
    The Card Test gave me One Of A Kind.

The Card Test has changed to Retro Pattern. I chose Charming for that.
      …glamorous…naturally stylish and chic…an elegance even when casual…enchanting…something that makes you stand out in a room.
      People may be surprised to learn that you’re very down to earth – and even a bit of a romantic.
      Hmmm. I have my doubts about these things except being down to earth and romantic.

I think it’s cool to have eclectic vintage taste, and it makes sense considering each era was influenced by what came before it!

1. You Are Meticulous (when I’m rude/coarse it’s on purpose)
    2. Certain kinds of furniture, soda machines, angel ornaments/statues/paintings, and some dolls
    3. 50s
    4. Don’t remember
    5. Degrees of visionary/reflective/intuitive/inspired

For the vintage card test, I got “You are Meticulous”, which is quite right! (Except the never being accidentally coarse or rude–that sometimes happens, because my mind just doesn’t go that way, and I only realize when other people start niggering! *blush*)

I do like some vintage things–furniture and buildings especially, as they have more character. Also jewelry and decorative objects. And I like classic fonts! I like simpler lines, though, so I prefer Art Deco to, say, Victorian–unless the Victoriana can be stripped down a bit.

Hmm, I’m not sure about when I last sent a card–I do give cards with gifts… By itself, probably this past January or so? Might be more recent.

For the Card Test I got “You are Reflective” and that is all very true!

8. Vani B.

Found the quiz: http://www.blogthings.com/thevintagecardtest/

And here is my result:

You Are Romantic

9. Vani B.

1. Um… the links to The Vintage Card Test actually lead to The Quilt Test? (I took it anyway. Apperently I’m worldly.)
    2. Oh, yes! I very much love vintage things! Black and white photos of my grandparents, old films, fashions, music and beauty looks. Women like Judy Garland, Lucille Ball, Ingrid Bergman, Betty Grable, Dorothy Dandridge, Elizabeth Taylor and Sophia Loren are my style icons. I also love it when today’s starlets wear classic fashions and make-up inspired by Old Hollywood, like Sofรญa Vergara, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera and Dita von Teese.
    3. Obviously, and I’ve said this time and again, I love the Forties and Fifties. The styles are just so classy and glamorous to me, and I love jazz, swing and rock and roll. As a little girl, my mom occasionally let me play with her make-up and I always reached for the red lipstick because that was what I saw in older movies (my dad’s a huge cinema buff, and we were always watching older films as I was growing up). Red lipstick always makes me feel good, and I don’t need much else. Now as an adult reaching her thirties, I do feel a little more motivated to put forth more effort into looking presentable, and less compelled to wear jeans that sag, and so I look to those aforementioned style icons for a little guidance. But that’s always been the kind of style I wanted to go for, even as a teenager. Plus, my husband doesn’t dress down too often (polos and khakis are his signature style, even for things like ball games), so I want to look every bit as put-together as he always does. ๐Ÿ™‚
    4. Christmas.
    5. You Are Altruistic (the result’s pretty dead-on, although I’m not sure about the family part; I’d like a small family to start with… maybe I’ll change my mind down the line!)

You can be accommodating and attentive, but you never let anyone walk all over you. You have your limits.
    You’re quite loyal to those you love most – friends and family. You have a sweet heart.

You’d like to have a family with lots of children. You feel that being a parent would give you meaning.
    Your still waters run deep. There is a lot more to you than meets the eye.

Oops! Thanks for letting me know about the link. I was a space case and didn’t update it ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree that those classic looks are so amazing for inspiration. So flattering and beautiful! I love that there are a few stars that still embrace the old school glamour. I wish more did!