Have you ever dreamed of being a superhero or superheroine? I think many of us have at one point or another. Whenever I have a hard day, some superpowers could come in handy. Like if I have to wait in line for a long time, maybe it would be nice if I could fast forward time until that point? Or in the middle of a negotiation, wouldn’t it be great if I could read someone’s mind? I could think of a million uses for superpowers, and I’m sure that just even having a few would make my life so much more interesting!
Ever since I was a little girl watching the original Superman movies and Wonder Woman television series, I’ve been attracted to the superhero story. It’s not because I like the idea of a superhuman race … I just like the idea of trying to do right in this world. I like the idea of heroes and heroines, even if they are flawed. I feel like we could use more of that in modern times.
So, as a lead up to the new Superman movie, Man of Steel, I thought it would be fun to take a superhero quiz. And you don’t even have to be up on comic books or movies to like this one: What Should Your Superpower Be? Let me know below what you think of your result!
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on What Should Your Superpower Be? Is it true for you?
- If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be?
- Is there a superhero or superheroine that you identify with?
- Is there a time in your life that you felt like you had super powers? What did you do that made you feel so powerful?
- Do you have a favorite TV show, movie, or comic book that depicts superheros? Which one?