Quiz: What Should Your Superpower Be?

little boy flying in the air like superman

What superpower would you like to have?

Have you ever dreamed of being a superhero or superheroine? I think many of us have at one point or another. Whenever I have a hard day, some superpowers could come in handy. Like if I have to wait in line for a long time, maybe it would be nice if I could fast forward time until that point? Or in the middle of a negotiation, wouldn’t it be great if I could read someone’s mind? I could think of a million uses for superpowers, and I’m sure that just even having a few would make my life so much more interesting!

Ever since I was a little girl watching the original Superman movies and Wonder Woman television series, I’ve been attracted to the superhero story. It’s not because I like the idea of a superhuman race … I just like the idea of trying to do right in this world. I like the idea of heroes and heroines, even if they are flawed. I feel like we could use more of that in modern times.

So, as a lead up to the new Superman movie, Man of Steel, I thought it would be fun to take a superhero quiz. And you don’t even have to be up on comic books or movies to like this one: What Should Your Superpower Be? Let me know below what you think of your result!

1. What do you get on What Should Your Superpower Be? Is it true for you?
  2. If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be?
  3. Is there a superhero or superheroine that you identify with?
  4. Is there a time in your life that you felt like you had super powers? What did you do that made you feel so powerful?
  5. Do you have a favorite TV show, movie, or comic book that depicts superheros? Which one?

24 thoughts on “Quiz: What Should Your Superpower Be?

1. moonstep1969

1. Your Super Power Should Be Super Strength

You’re tough, stubborn, and strong in both mind and body.
    You are able to survive almost anything…
    And you don’t come out worse for the wear.
    Your power is evident – and unsurprisingly, you’re pretty intimidating!

Why you would be a good superhero: No one could match you in hand to hand combat

Your biggest problem as a superhero: Actually getting super villains to show up to fight

Comment: Body: Rather strong. Mind: Very strong. So yes, the result rings true.

2. Strength AND the ability to fly.

3. Batman and Spiderman are my absolute favourites. Batman esp. for his looks, and Spiderman because he’s such a cute guy when he’s not Spiderman… 😉

4. This actually happens sometimes. Music and political drama films are two factors playing a vital role here.

5. Batman is the ultimate movie. I also like the political thriller “V For Vendetta” very much, although I know that many people don’t like it. Not exactly what you call a mainstream movie. It conveys an important message.

V for Vendetta just so happens to be one of my favorite movies as well 🙂 I had been a fan of the graphic novel for quite some time, and the adaptation is amazing.

Manipulating Electricity….highly reactive, energetic, and super charged. If the occasion calls for it, you can go from 0 to 60 in a split second. But you don’t harness your energy unless you truly need to.
    And because of this, people are often surprised by what you are capable of. Why you would be a good superhero: You have the stamina to fight enemies for days Your biggest problem as a superhero: As with your normal life, people would continue to underestimate you.
    I think I could really appreciate Telepathy with a dash of Mind Control. I guess that means that I identify with Jean Grey/Phoenix. It used to be Wonder Woman when I was little. I don’t think I’ve ever felt super powerful. Unless it was when I pretended to be Wonder Woman. I like watching The X-Men and The Avengers. I liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer and she kind of has super powers.

I love both Rogue and Jean Grey! I was having trouble thinking of cool female superheroes, but you thought of a couple more 🙂

3. Anna

1) Your Superpower Should Be Invisibility

“You are stealth, complex, and creative.
    You never face problems head on. Instead, you rely on your craftiness to get your way.
    A mystery to others, you thrive on being a little misunderstood.
    You happily work behind the scenes… because there’s nothing better than a sneak attack!”

It seems like this is calling me passive-agressive in a faux-nice sort of way.

“Why you would be a good superhero: You’re so sly, no one would notice… not even your best friends”

Now I’m a backstabber to even my best friends…

“Your biggest problem as a superhero: Missing out on all of the glory that visible superheroes get”

Yeah, I’d rather have my body judged like normal people have done, instead of my personality. Blogthings can be harsh when read from a cynical point of view, hehe.

2) Slowing down time. The hardest challenge of life is not having enough hours in the day.

3) Though she’s not a super hero, I’d have to go with Daria. Her extreme cynicism is a super power unto itself, and never fails to amuse me.

4) I’m into coding, and sometimes I get so into it that it feels like my focus is a super power.

5) I’m sadly not that into super hero movies.

Hahaha! Coding can definitely feel like a superpower, especially when it works on the first try.

“It seems like this is calling me passive-agressive in a faux-nice sort of way.”

I’d like to call that recursive passive-aggression 😉

Ha! I got “Your Superpower Should Be Mind Reading”, and that is the one I would pick if there were choosing going on! Most of it sounds right — except on “You understand people better than they would like to be understood”, sometimes I do, and sometimes I am completely wrong…especially on the interwebs! I don’t think there’s a superhero I identify with, but I do feel like a superhero every time I do a soft break–I mean, it doesn’t even feel like I touch the brick, and there it is in two pieces, woo!

(And the Twitter login isn’t working right–it keeps letting me login, and then telling me the login expired when I click “post comment”.)

Hahaha! Oh yes, it’s very hard to understand people on the interwebs! I don’t even know if there could be a superpower to fix that 🙂

Thanks for the Twitter login heads up. We are just using a basic WordPress install, so hopefully it will sort itself out sometime today. If not, I will make Mr. Blogthings look at it.

1. Your Superpower Should Be Mind Reading. Seems pretty true, though I definitely care what people think 😛
    2. Flying..I could see glaciers whenever I wanted hehe
    3. Maybe Anna Paquin’s character in X-Men. Either that or I just like Anna 😛
    4. When I was a kid my brother and I pretended we could use the Force haha. It did seem to make me feel stronger though..
    5. Thor, The Avengers, Spider-Man, The Green Lantern, etc. I love superhero movies 😀

1. Mind reading/invisibility
    2. Psychic powers or arcane powers
    3. Not sure, Daredevil maybe?
    4. My stubbornness, my refusal to compromise my values and beliefs to accomodate narcissistic types
    5. Not really

Took a while to figure out the superhero and superpower

What do you get on What Should Your Superpower Be? Is it true for you?

Mind reading! Sure, I’d like to have that one 🙂

If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be?

Invisibility for sure. Sometimes I like to just sort of hang out and observe.

Is there a superhero or superheroine that you identify with?

I liked Faith in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Yes, in college when I stayed up all night completing a term paper 😉

I like Buffy (see above), and I’m still waiting for a Wonder Woman movie!

1. Anna

I agree that observing others is fun! Have you ever been people-watching at the mall or park?
      Procrastination and all-nighters get the best of us 🙂

I love to do this, especially at a busy city mall or park. There’s a mall in Boston that I love for people watching because it’s got shoppers, commuters, random city people, etc.