New Quiz: What Type of Picnic Are You?

picnic basket on the back of a bicycle

What kind of picnic should you plan for yourself?

Do you love a picnic? I do, and summer is the perfect time for it. I think picnics are fantastic because you can eat whatever you want wherever you want – within reason. So many people will pay a ton of money to sit and eat inside a restaurant with a nice view. And while I understand the appeal of that, why not pack a lunch and take it somewhere amazing?

I think summer is the perfect time to go for a picnic. The weather is obviously beautiful, there are plenty of fun things to do in parks like free concerts, and if you’re lucky, you may be able to cheaply stock up on picnic goodies at your local farmstand or farmers market. All I need is a nice day in the park, some good bread and cheese, a piece of fruit, a blanket, and a good book. If you ask me, that’s bound to be a much better experience than any fancy restaurant can offer.

Have I inspired you with all my picnic talk? I hope so! We could all do with more dining al fresco, myself included. Take my latest quiz to find out what sort of picnic is best for you: What Type of Picnic Are You? And of course, feel free to comment below and let me know what you think of your result!

1. What do you get on What Type of Picnic Are You? Is it true for you?
  2. Do you like to go on a picnic? Why or why not?
  3. If you could pick your dream picnic spot, where would it be?
  4. If you had all the time and resources to fill your picnic basket with any goodies you’d like, then what would you choose?

18 thoughts on “New Quiz: What Type of Picnic Are You?

You Are a Beach Picnic

You love to disconnect as often as you can, and you’re the type to enjoy a picnic away from it all.
    You dig the idea of a very secluded spot, great company, good food, and no wait staff to bother you.

You can’t believe that people spend a small fortune on restaurants with views, when you have a better view from your blanket.
    You love the idea of staring out into the sea, nibbling away at your favorite treats. You can’t imagine anything more relaxing.

And when your picnic is over, you’d like to take as much time as you want to enjoy the beach – whether you’re napping or swimming.
    You don’t like to ever feel rushed or like you’re part of the grind. The more your picnic makes you forget about everyday life, the better!

YES! My idea of a perfect picnic, on the beach! Sigh… I really just love picnics, but my pet peeves are disgusting places to have picnics and mosquitoes. Ick! I would like a picnic in the Bahamas by a beach. And lets bring some rich cheesecakes and meringues.

2. Laura

Ok, you must have read my mind. I have been wanting to go on a picnic since last week. In fact, my boyfriend and I are going on one this weekend at the city park. We plan on swinging by a Vietnamese bakery and grabbing some Bánh Mi, spring rolls, and dessert (maybe Chè).

1. Concert picnic: I am a fan of the finer things in life, I like being distracted, and I appreciate the little things. However, I don’t mind just eating and relaxing. 🙂
    2. Yes! I love food and the romantic notion of lounging about in the sun with good company.
    3. Under the cherry blossoms in Japan or somewhere in France (Not sure if it’s a classic or a cliché).
    4. Good cheese (brie is my favorite), a baguette, sparkling white wine, cured meats, marinated olives, and fruit (peaches, figs, strawberries). I was raised by a European grandmother who taught me well.

1. You Are a City Picnic. I try to be adventurous. I like eating with people though..it’s less lonely 😛
    2. Sure, I like sitting by the river on a warm day 😀
    3. I had a picnic on a glacier once! Maybe in the Alps..
    4. Sandwiches, chips, Chex Mix, other snacky things, drinks..

I’m a City Picnic. …a person with an adventurous spirit, even without much adventure in your life… Trying to make every day just a little extra special and totally the type to have an impromptu picnic for lunch… like to have a fast paced life, and enjoy novelty. A picnic appeals to you because you can try out many locations….also like the idea of creating fun and interesting picnic lunches… the most likely to enjoy a picnic by yourself, happy to just people watch. just some good food and an interesting spot. A picnic is more about a state of mind.
    I do like picnics. As long as its mosquito free. My dream spot would probably be mountainous and coastal a la Big Sur. My basket would have a great cheese, good bread/crackers, fruit, a marinated veggie and bean salad, maybe “Zesty Picnic Chicken” which is boneless, skinless thighs coated in a zesty dry spaghetti sauce mix with some other stuff and baked or fried or maybe cured meats. Some sparkly drink or two, wine, ginger ale, water…And maybe a sweet. Maybe lemon bars or Mini Cherry hand pies.

I agree about Big Sur! My goodness, one of the most beautiful spots around! Your Zesty Picnic Chicken sounds so awesome too.

5. Vani B.

1. You Are a City Picnic

You are a person with an adventurous spirit, even if you don’t have much time for adventure in your life.
    You try to make every day just a little extra special. And you’re totally the type to have an impromptu picnic for lunch.

You like to have a fast paced life, and you enjoy novelty. A picnic appeals to you because you can try out many locations.
    You also like the idea of creating fun and interesting picnic lunches. You definitely will think outside the basket.

Of all the types, you’re the most likely to enjoy a picnic by yourself. You’re happy to just people watch.
    You don’t need much for a picnic – just some good food and an interesting spot. A picnic is more about a state of mind.

For sure! I’m not really an outdoor girl at all.
    2. I’ve never been a big picnic girl, because I think of it as an outdoor thing (not a fan of sitting in the grass or having to bring bug spray someplace I plan to eat), but I do like the idea of rooftop picnics! I’m not totally opposed to the idea of picnicking in a park, as long as I can find a spot with picnic tables and some shelter.
    3. Maybe some oceanside with a dock, or a rooftop in a big city on the West Coast (like San Francisco or L.A.) or East Coast (New York or Miami). It would be a nice, quiet one-on-one picnic with my hubby, too.
    4. Mmm, pumpkin pie or flan, for sure! And lots of grilled cheese sandwiches, or turkey sandwich fix-ins from Publix (if I’m in an area with a Publix, of course). Some bananas, too.

I love the idea of a rooftop picnic, especially if flan is included 🙂 You can eat on the roof of our Whole Foods in downtown Austin, which is quite nice. (Of course, you have to buy your picnic supplies there.)

1. You Are a Beach Picnic (I like city views too)
    2. Sometimes (been a while though), I eat what I want when I want
    3. On some grass next to a tree near the suburbs or city. A secluded island (not far from civilization) is nice too
    4. Honey BBQ chicken, grilled bacon cheeseburgers, and crackers with cheese and sliced turkey, chicken, or ham.

What do you get on What Type of Picnic Are You? Is it true for you?

City – absolutely! Although any picnic will do.

Do you like to go on a picnic? Why or why not?

I do because it’s inexpensive, and I enjoy my own cooking. The only thing I don’t like is bugs.

If you could pick your dream picnic spot, where would it be?

A chilly New England beach. I’d bring warm foods!

Good cheese, crackers, fruit…

1. Laura

I think good cheese is a must (unless you happen to have an intolerance). A picnic on a New England beach sounds lovely..makes me want a lobster roll. What kind of warm foods would you bring? I think bugs are the worst part of eating outdoors.