New Quiz: The Quilt Test

nine different patterned quilts

Which quilt do you like best? And what does it say about you?

Do you have a quilt that you love? I wish I had a homemade quilt that I loved! My aunt has a large collection of them that she got from her mother-in-law, and they are so beautiful. I love the art form of quilt making, even though it seems like a lot of work. (Any quilt makers or aspiring quilt makers in the house? Comment and let me know!)

While I don’t have a favorite quilt, I am a huge blanket person. I have a freakish amount of blankets to choose from depending on my mood and the temperature outside. I’m the type of person who likes to cuddle up with a blanket even if it’s 105F outside. And I’ve been a bad influence on my dog – making him more and more comfortable beds with tons of blankets piled up. He is a bit high maintenance when it comes to bedding now.

I recently came across some really beautiful quilt illustrations (pictured above), and I was inspired to turn them into an image quiz. Now I know that the idea of a warm quilt isn’t exactly seasonally appropriate in the Northern Hemisphere, but I just had to write it anyway! Pick the image you like best on The Quilt Test, and let me know what you think of your result below.

1. What do you get on The Quilt Test? Is it true for you?
  2. Do you have a favorite blanket or quilt? What is it like?
  3. When it comes to decorating your house, what sort of patterns and colors do you go for?
  4. How many blankets and pillows do you sleep with?
  5. Take What Does Your Bed Say About You? What do you think of your result?

P.S. Get my latest and greatest Blogthings quizzes every week in your email. Learn about each week’s new quizzes by signing up for Blogthings Weekly!

20 thoughts on “New Quiz: The Quilt Test

You Are Open

You have a fresh outlook on life, no matter what is happening. You have less emotional baggage than most people.
    You are a big believer in freedom. You take almost every opportunity or chance that passes your way.

You comfort others with your nonjudgmental ways. You simply listen and try to help the best that you can.
    You believe that almost every situation is redeemable. None of us are perfect, and that’s sort of beautiful.

You find warmth in anything lively. You are happy in an enthusiastic crowd or a verdant natural scene.
    Growth is one of the hallmarks of your life. So as long as things are changing, you feel content.

I just go for anything I like when it comes to colors, quilts, whatever! You can see I’m not a person of decision. 😛

2. maureenmojen

1. I got Open. It fit me well except for the “less emotional baggage than most people” part. I have a fair bit of that (not TOO much, but…yeah).
    2. my favorite quilt/blanket is a silky throw that got ruined unfortunately. But it was a pretty pattern that I suppose could be described as oriental(I hate using that word but it is what to comes to mind) or persian? it was a mix of light earthy colours, and shades of blue-green.
    3. a mix of soft and rich colors with some neutrals. purples, mauves, blue-greens, greens. In general I prefer curving and swirling designs to hard geometric lines.
    4. only one blanket and one pillow at the moment.
    5. Your Bed Says You Have Your Head in the Clouds (yes)

Outward appearances are a concern of yours, but not your primary concern. You try to take care of yourself and your home, but it’s not an obsession. (yes, though I am a bit more concerned with aesthetics than this implies)

You try to be an organized person, but you often fall behind. Certain parts of your life tend to fall into chaos. (yeah pretty much)

You are very low maintenance. You tend to go with the flow, and you’re easily pleased. (I do tend to go with the flow and I can make do, but when the resources are available I am more medium-maintenance. I like nice things.)

In relationships, you tend to be quite dominant. You enjoy taking charge. (not really. I’m definitely not submissive, and I’m usually good at asserting my needs, but I prefer a balance of power).

You tend to be a dreamy, head in the clouds type of person. You think in terms of possibilities. (YES. Especially the last sentence).

You are a traveler. You are comfortable anywhere, and you rarely feel homesick. (as long as it is not by car! I get antsy when cooped up in a car but I LOVE traveling by train).

So overall it was a good result! I think part of it was skewed by the fact that I’m in a relationship and so the bed isn’t entirely my doing. 🙂

I love your analysis here for the bed test 🙂 And I agree, things like this can get skewed if you have to include someone else’s preferences!

I’m so much more of a train person too. It’s sort of amazing how freeing it feels to be in a train. Much better than a car or certainly an airplane.

3. moonstep1969

1. I got Open, which didn’t fit at all so went for my second choice instead as that one really fits like a glove:

You Are Deep

You are thoughtful, stable, and together. Not a lot shakes you, and you are wise beyond your years.
    You are confident in yourself and those you’re close to. You don’t give up on anyone, and you believe things work out in the end.

You comfort others with your wisdom and intelligence. You always have a calm outlook and well reasoned advice to share.
    You have a strong sense of loyalty and devotion. You take relationships seriously, and you’re willing to work at them.

You find warmth in solitude and quiet moments. You are content when you are able to just be.
    You need time to be intellectual and contemplative. You are more nurturing with others but more logical when you’re alone.

2. My fave blanket is an indigo blue fleece one which is a Christmas gift from my employer. Large, warm and a beautiful colour.

3. I tend to mix up colours and patterns a bit. The future plan is to focus more on green and terracotta, though.

4. Sleeping with two pillows, along with one blanket in the summer and two blankets in the winter.

5. Your Bed Says You Have Your Head in the Clouds
    (Comment: Dreamy and having my head in the clouds is not accurate, otherwise the description fits.)

Outward appearances are very important to you. You do your best to look good and have an attractive home.

You are an organized and disciplined person. You do the right thing because you want to, not because people expect you to.

You are not very high maintenance in general, but you are high maintenance about a few things.

In relationships, you tend to be quite dominant. You enjoy taking charge.

You are a bit of a homebody, but you can also make yourself at home anywhere.

Fleece blankets are so warm and comfortable…I love them. I must say that I think Scandinavians know their blankets. Most of my favorites are from IKEA 🙂

1. You Are Independent. I try to be happy, and people do appreciate my honesty
    2. I’m like you, I LOVE blankets and may even use them when it’s hot outside haha. I love my electric blankets and various others I’ve collected. They’re so cozy!
    3. I like pictures..cats, glaciers, etc
    4. Two pillows, and it depends on the temperature. Like right now I have two on my bed..I took my electric blanket off cause it was so hot last week and it suddenly got cold this week! I think it’s gonna get warm again so I just left it off.
    5. Your Bed Says You Have Your Head in the Clouds. Yup 😛

I have seen psychological studies that show we’re pretty dead on about our own personality evaluations… so it’s likely true if you think it is 🙂

I got Unique. I started with a favorite blanket that belonged to a boyfriend. A brown one with a goose on it. And now I have a couple of new favorites as well. A sweatshirt type tie dyed one from Santa Cruz and one that goes with the living room decor. Which at this time means neutrals and a dark wine color. Like you, I keep my AC cranked high here in TX but I cuddle with blankets. We did a have a couple of quilts but I didn’t care for them properly and they sort of came undone. I suppose if you machine wash them it should be done very gently. In bed I use 2 pillows and a sheet, coverlet and an extra blanket at the foot of the bed. I tend to sleep a little hot but I still need to be covered a little and no one wants to be caught freezing in the middle of the night. My bed says I’m Down To Earth.

I think an extra blanket nearby is key in Texas because some nights can be so unexpectedly cold. We have gone to sleep with the A/C on near midnight and woken up to it being 60F in the house early in the morning. Oops! Not in June though 😉

1. Deep with some unique and some grounded
    2. Don’t know
    3. I don’t live in my own house
    4. 1 and 1
    5. Your Bed Says You Have Your Head in the Clouds

I found out independent describes me well too. And I’m confused how unique equals charming and well-mannered which seems more like qualities chameleon types possess.

Ok so it seems I’m pretty deep and independent with elements of unique and grounded. And I meant to put the last reply under my first one.

I think that I was going for the type of uniqueness that is sort of above the fray, if that makes sense. I agree that chameleon types are often the best mannered.

What do you get on The Quilt Test? Is it true for you?

Unique – and yes, I think it fits me well.

Do you have a favorite blanket or quilt? What is it like?

I have many. Current favorite because it’s warm out is a chenille blanket I got at Target. It’s very soft. It also happens to be my dog’s favorite.

Retro / kitchy

How many blankets and pillows do you sleep with?

Two pillows / three blankets! I know that’s a lot, so I use light blankets in the summer.

Take What Does Your Bed Say About You? What do you think of your result?

Down to earth… I’d like to think that’s true 🙂