Do you speak any languages other than English? I know at least a few of you do. Growing up, I was always fascinated by foreign languages. I speak a little of some languages – French and Spanish primarily. I understand a bit of a few like Norwegian and German as well 🙂 If I was independently wealthy, I could imagine devoting a life to learning so many languages. I find them to be so interesting!
Even though I’m not technically fluent in any of the languages I know, I’m always on the lookout for a new language to learn. I’m addicted to learning bit and pieces of languages, especially those similar to the ones I know already. I get a big kick out of seeing how Italian relates to French or how Portuguese relates to Spanish. I admit that I’m such a geek about this. Languages are a great way to travel without leaving your house, and it’s easier than ever to pick up a few words of something now that the internet is around.
Are you like me and eager to learn new languages? You might appreciate my quiz: What Language Should You Learn? Let me know below what you get on this one and what you think about learning languages.
Discussion topics (Comment below and let me know any or all of these):
- What do you get on What Language Should You Learn? Is it true for you?
- What languages (if any) do you speak other than English? How well?
- If you could learn any language instantly, which would you choose?
- Did you grow up with an language other than English being spoke at home?
- Do you have a great way or resource for learning a language that you’d like to share?
P.S. Want more quizzes like this every week? Sign up here for Blogthings weekly