New Quiz: Are You A Primary, Secondary, or Tertiary Color?

abstract photo with bold red, yellow, and blue

What color family does your personality fall into?

Do you know a lot about color theory? It’s something I’m learning about as I’m trying to get better at design, and it’s really fascinating. Seeing how colors are formed and how they relate to each other makes me appreciate them so much more. I’ve always been afraid to use a lot of color in my life, and I’d like to be more adventurous with colors.

I recently learnt that there are three different types of colors: primary, secondary, and tertiary. Primary colors (red, blue, and yellow) are base colors that can’t be formed by mixing colors. Secondary colors (orange, green, and purple) can be made from primary colors. And tertiary colors ( Yellow-orange, red-orange, red-purple, blue-purple, blue-green and yellow-green) are made by mixing two secondary colors or a primary and secondary color.

I love thinking about colors and personality, so to group colors a whole new way immediately got me thinking of a new quiz. And the fact that each type of color depends on how much it has been blended with other colors seemed like a clear personality crossover to me. Primary colors have got to be a bit more bold and dominant, while tertiary colors are probably a lot more multifaceted!

Have you ever looked at colors this way before? You can take my latest quiz to find out what type you are: Are You A Primary, Secondary, or Tertiary Color?

1. What do you get on Are You A Primary, Secondary, or Tertiary Color? Is it true for you?
  2. What colors are you drawn to? How do you incorporate these colors in your life?
  3. Which of the primary colors is your favorite: red, blue, or yellow?
  4. Which of the secondary colors is your favorite: purple, orange, or green?

17 thoughts on “New Quiz: Are You A Primary, Secondary, or Tertiary Color?

You Are a Tertiary Color

You are a multi-talented person with many balls in the air. You like so many things.
    You find yourself easily inspired and easily distracted. Your distractions lead you to fruitful places though!

You are anything but ordinary, and to be honest, you find normal to be quite boring. You prefer anything or anyone quirky.
    You value creativity, imagination, and expression. You like things that are new and different.

Some tertiary colors are red-purple and blue-green. They are made by mixing a secondary color with primary color.
    Like a tertiary color, you are a mix of many influences. You contain multitudes.
    It is true. I have a lot of colours, not just one!! It’s too hard to decide!!!
    I love all colours and I refuse to answer this question :P :P ;)

Eeep, forgot to answer this one too! =)

What do you get on Are You A Primary, Secondary, or Tertiary Color? Is it true for you?

Tertiary – yes, totally me! If anything, I’m too scattered. (Like did you know I have over 3000 quiz ideas written down?)

What colors are you drawn to? How do you incorporate these colors in your life?

I like well saturated reds, blues, purples, greens, and oranges. I also like dark gray.

Which of the primary colors is your favorite: red, blue, or yellow?

Probably blue, but I like red too. Yellow is lovely but never has looked good on me.

Which of the secondary colors is your favorite: purple, orange, or green?

I like variations of all of these, but if I had to choose, I’d say green.

3. Vani B.

1. You Are a Primary Color

You are bold, direct, and straightforward. You know what you want out of life and aren’t afraid to go for it.
    You are conscientious and ready to help. You give great advice and can help others out of jams.

You are opinionated, but only in a well meaning sort of way. You want everyone to be their best selves.
    You are a cool headed and rational leader. You aren’t afraid to speak your mind when the time is right.

The primary colors are: basic blue, red, and yellow. They can be mixed to form any color.
    Like you, these strong colors stand well on their own and don’t fade when blended with others.

…I would say it’s pretty fitting. :-)

2. Right now, I like red (of course) and turquoise. I like to incorporate the colors into the clothing and jewelry I wear, and do a lot of shopping for home décor in both colors.

3. Red!

4. I looooooove purple.

I love red too! So many people are shy about wearing it, but I think there’s a shade of red for everyone :-) I bet your home looks lovely with all the red and turquoise.

You Are a Secondary Color. Hmm..I have trouble with communicating and adapting cause I have autism. I do blend in I think though

I LOVE blue. Glaciers are my passion and they look blue and gorgeous. I’ve definitely bought more blue things since getting into glaciers :P

I understand completely! You seem like an excellent communicator to me :-)

I love your obsession with glaciers. They are amazing! The only glacier I’ve ever seen is the Franz Josef in New Zealand in the early 2000s. I didn’t get very close to the main part, but I explored on the edges a little.

I’m a secondary color. It sounds pretty accurate. Having artistic interests I have been aware of and love color theory. I find it near impossible to pick a favorite color. I love them all. I love the word tertiary and those colors especially. I’m drawn to deep, rich jewel tones and eye watering brights. I love a red/orange/magenta and a purple blue and green. My online username has been Purblueple since I first got on the Internet. My clothing and my home are certainly more subdued in color choices but when it comes to art and statement pieces I need color. I would need a mansion in order to incorporate every color theme/design for rooms that I wish for.

I’m so glad someone else loves color theory. Jewel tones are one of my favorites too. I couldn’t appreciate them when I was younger, but I love the way they look, especially in clothing, now. Hahaha! I agree about needing a mansion to do everything I’d like to do in a house ;-)

6. Wendy

I am a secondary colour and much of this is probably correct. Purple is my favourite colour..any shade, any hue !

Sounds like it was pretty spot on then! I love purple too … for some reason I find the different shades of purple to be the most interesting of any color :-)

7. moonstep1969

1. You Are a Primary Color

Comment: Mostly true.

2. My fave colours are red, green, black and sky blue, followed by orange and white.

3. Red gets my vote on primary colours, as I only like the sky blue tune among the blue nucances. Yellow is fine as long as we’re talking about the sun and moon, but not otherwise.

4. Among the secondary colours, green is my fave. Sometimes I choose to wear green when I’m gonna play the diplomat in for example job situations. Green is soothing and reminds people of nature. Colour psychology is interesting and it works.

1. kari

Oh I love that you implement color psychology in your every day life! How cool. And I agree that it works. No one would want to be in a stressful situation with red walls, for example. Green is such a great color for soothing, and I happen to think it looks good on everyone :-)

1. You Are a Tertiary Color (definitely me)
    2.Pink, orange, blue, and black/red (red and orange often represent passion and motivation which I could use more of black often represents darkness and mystery which describes me and blue often represents calmness/serenity and thoughfulness which also describes me)
    3. Blue