New Post: The Hat Test

collection of six hats

What sort of hat are you, and what does it say about your personality?

Do you wear a hat? I have to admit that I’m more of a hat fan than an actual hat wearer. I love the way that hat look, and I think they are one of the best accessories around. I’m an aspiring hat wearer, but I’m not sure I have the style and confidence to pull of an assortment if hats. I’m afraid of looking silly or wearing the wrong one. Also, I’m not sure if I’m conscientious enough to wear hats. I’m pretty sure I’d leave them places.

My reluctance to wear a hat probably says a bit about my personality (flaky) and fashion style (ultra casual). And I’m sure whatever hat I wore would reflect my personal style. After all, aren’t beret and fedora people different? And what about people who wear cowboy hats? Or vintage hats? I love to think of all the different personalities.

Thinking about hats led me to my latest quiz,Β The Hat Test. Now I know there are some gentlemen in the group, so obviously you would be be picking the hat that would look best on a lady. And your result will still be gender neutral. (It was hard for me to find unisex hat pictures that I liked, but I am sure I will write a quiz with more male friendly options in the future.) Comment below and let me know what you think of your result… and hats in general πŸ™‚

1. What do you get on The Hat Test?Β Is it true for you?
  2. Do you wear a hat / hats? How often? What kind?
  3. For you, are hats more fashionable or practical?
  4. How would you describe your fashion style?
  5. The one type of hat that I can’t avoid wearing is a winter hat? What about you?Β What Winter Hat Are You?

17 thoughts on “New Post: The Hat Test

Your Style is Eclectic

Your everyday wardrobe is a delightful mix of things you’ve collected over the years. And most are one of a kind.
    You have an eye for what you like, and you like to continually hunt for items that fit your aesthetic.

When you dress up, you do it your way. A little of this and a little of that makes the outfit complete.
    You’re not afraid to mix vintage with modern or low end with high end. You have an eye for what looks good together.

When you dress down, you still stay true to your unique style. And you make it look effortless.
    Of all the types, you like shopping the most. It gives you a huge thrill when you find a new item to love.

It is pretty true for me, I keep everything in my wardrobe, and if I want to get id of things, I do a little DIY makeover on it. I never wear hats because of my naturally flat hair, but I like berets and peek-a-boo wide-knot beanies, you know what I mean?
    I’m actually one of the younger people go on Blogthings (in my early 20s in university (settling for a while after international school to UT in Canada)) and my style is like a teenager’s :P.
    I got a beret for the winter hat quiz and it is pretty accurate for me!

I’m like you – I rarely throw anything away. (Only stuff that is worn or hideous.) Eventually it will come back in style!

I love the idea of a young style even for people in their early 20s πŸ™‚ I shopped at a lot of teen stores when I was that age myself. The clothes are less expensive and a lot more fun.

Does UT mean University of Toronto? I’ve always wanted to go to Toronto!

I forgot to answer this one! Anyway…

What do you get on The Hat Test? Is it true for you?

I got dramatic. It would be true if I cared more about fashion or lived in a dressier city. Austin is VERY casual, and I keep my style casual too.

Do you wear a hat / hats? How often? What kind?

Not often. Sometimes I knit myself a little beret or something for winter.

For you, are hats more fashionable or practical?

Practical – to stay warm.

How would you describe your fashion style?

Casual / hippie / preppy

The one type of hat that I can’t avoid wearing is a winter hat? What about you? What Winter Hat Are You?

I got hat with flaps, and I do wear this when I’m in Colorado!

My first choice was Classic, once again an aspiration because I am ultra casual (not leaving my house casual). My second was Trendy, also more aspiration than true. And third was Chic, which said it was a mix of Classic and Trendy. πŸ™‚ There was a time when I did wear hats! But it’s been a long while since. I should try it again because I don’t like my hair or forehead. Hats are fashion unless its a sun hat on the beach then it’s both fashion and practical or if you are a real cowboy. I got skullcap on the winter hat but it wouldn’t look good on me and I don’t prefer to freeze for fashion. I want a long coat and high-heeled boots and a scarf and for a hat probably a baggy beanie.

I think one of those results might be wrong. It might be modern. I couldn’t remember one of them and was influenced by someone else’s answer. Anyway, it was the brown one then the one with the black band and then the black one. :/

1. kari

Haha, I get influenced by other people’s answers too! That’s actually really psychologically savvy to notice that πŸ™‚

2. kari

I love the idea of boots and a long coat for winter. That’s what I do when I can get away with it, but I usually don’t need it in Austin. The upside of warmer winters is that I can wear a cute, as opposed to practical, hat.

I agree that hats are great for when you’re not really feeling it with your hair or forehead. I want to get into them for that reason alone! πŸ˜‰

Your Style is Chic. Heh, I’m not very fashionable πŸ˜›

No, I don’t really like to. I was born with ptosis (where your eyelids droop over your eyes and you have to look up to see. I got it fixed though) and I don’t like the feeling of having the hat there over my eyes. Plus my head doesn’t like the feeling either πŸ˜›

Hehe, I don’t like the feeling either. Or the vision obstruction… unless I’m napping on a plane or something πŸ˜‰

5. Wendy

Modern..well maybe a little. I am a Red Hatter. I wear bold hats when I am out with the Girls..No hats here that really appeal to me but I do wear a Bright Red trilby at times..decorated, of course .

1. Your Style is Modern (with elements of dramatic and eclectic but not outrageous and I’m not a shopaholic)
    2. Caps (it’s been a long time though)
    3. Fashionable
    4. Unique/casual
    5. Mix of Beret and Newsboy.

I got “your style is modern”, but I think it’s more classic, really? I tend to buy very little that’s trendy!

I love the way hats look–but not on me. I’ve never been able to find one that I look even semi-okay in, so instead I use hoods and earmuffs in winter. But if I’m going to be outside for a long time in summer I’ll wear a sunhat because a peeling burn looks even worse than a very unbecoming hat!

Haha, yes, I suppose it is quite classic. I was thinking of how that type of hat has been very in style lately, but only in a modern classic sort of way πŸ™‚

Glad to know there is another hat fan who doesn’t personally like to wear them. I feel like a goof in them, and they mess up my hair!