New Quiz: What Do You Prioritize?

people - planet - profit - principles

Which of these do you put first?

Have you thought about what your life priorities are? I admit that when I was younger, I did not. I used to feel like I was doing it all (even though I wasn’t), and prioritizing felt like giving up. Over time I’ve come down to earth and realized I can’t do it all. And if I don’t prioritize, I end up neglecting everything. I’ve had to take stock of what’s important (health, family, friends, and business) and let the else sort of fall away.

Of course, day to day focus is just one sort of prioritization. I could write a quiz about it, but I figured you all probably know what you’re zoning in on right now. As some commenters would say “I don’t need a quiz for that!” You don’t need a quiz to tell you whether you’re in work or family or self-improvement mode right now.

What I started thinking about was something different. A more meta point about priorities. What do you prioritize overall in your life. It’s another twist on the whole question of life philosophy, and I think it’s an interesting one. What is your overarching framework for doing what you do? Are you putting yourself first, other people, a set of rules…? I think it’s interesting stuff.

With all that in mind, I wrote What Do You Prioritize? This quiz will tell you what you’re really putting first in your life, and you may be surprised with the results. Comment below and let me know what you think of you result!

1. What do you get on What Do You Prioritize? Is it true for you?
  2. What do you prioritize most in your life? The least?
  3. How have your priorities evolved over time?

P.S. What to get the latest Blogthings personality quizzes every week? Sign up here for Blogthings weekly!

18 thoughts on “New Quiz: What Do You Prioritize?

You Prioritize People

When making a big decision, you put others first – both those you know and those you don’t know.
    You believe that every life is important. You aren’t going to do something to advance some if it harms others.

When it comes to what’s right, every person counts. You firmly believe in treating others how you’d like to be treated.
    And while being self-centered may work out in the short run, it’s not good for anyone long term – including the selfish person.

Those who don’t know you well may be jealous of your kind and compassionate heart. It’s not easy for people to be as giving as you are.
    And while some people may not understand why you’re so altruistic, they certainly don’t mind being the recipients of your generosity.

Is it just me or is it that I always feel guilty if I don’t put people first? It’s so strangly true.
    I would not care about profit. Definitely.

When I was still cute little Aly, I was so spoiled and wanted the finer things in life, but now, I really don’t care.

I try to find a balance between prioritizing people and prioritizing myself. At times, I probably prioritize others too much 🙂 I agree that we get less selfish as we grow up, at least hopefully 😉

That makes a lot of sense to me. I think it’s lovely when we reach that stage in our lives, even though our younger selves would be shocked! 😉

@Blogthings: Seems this is a general technical error, i.e. even when entering other blogs from here. IOW you don’t need to look into it, if no-one else hasn’t experienced the same thing. I’ll try from another PC as well in due course.

//Monica Erikson

Thanks for all the information! Yes, this is a pretty standard software package for blogs, so it makes sense you would experience it universally with other blogs too.

Hi again Kari,

The technical error remains. To be more precise, I simply can’t place the cursor in the e-mail field.

//Monica

I think it’s just the computer I’m using..the Internet isn’t the greatest. But yeah, when I put the cursor over the email/name/etc place it doesn’t let me click it. I’ll be on this computer the rest of the week..I’m with my mom in kinda the middle of nowhere in rural Alaska (mom’s an air traffic controller). I’m glad I have the Internet I do haha

That is weird, and I think you are probably right about it being the computer. Enjoy beautiful rural Alaska. My friend was over this weekend telling me fun Alaska stories!

(This is Heather again)

I Prioritize the Planet. Yeah, I love nature and really don’t want to see it messed up

Yay! You are the first person to share this result that I’ve seen 🙂

BTW, if the logging in is off at our end, please let me know what you’re experiencing. I’d like to fix it if possible.

1. You Prioritize Principles (I agree it’s not always easy to behave ethically)
    2. Money (being frugal)
    3. I’m somewhat more frugal than when I was younger

I agree about frugality as well. I’m more frugal as I get older, probably from learning the consequences of not being frugal 😉

I also got principles, and yeah, that fits. I’m not sure that prioritizing people wouldn’t be better, but I guess I’m not there yet. (Of course, that’s a principle too, isn’t it–that people are important? So maybe it fits under that umbrella.)

I had similar feelings, and yes, “people” is sort of an umbrella of “principles” for this quiz. I think the people result for me was sort of a basic utilitarianism, while principles could be any philosophy, probably one that was quite nuanced 🙂

1) What do you get on What Do You Prioritize? Is it true for you?

I got principles, which is quite true for me. I think having certain principles in mind can make tough decisions easier. I’ll be honest – when I’m upset, I want to do the *wrong* thing just to make myself feel better. Of course, life goes better when I do the right thing, even if it’s not easy in the moment.

2) What do you prioritize most in your life? The least?

The most – family, friends, my health, Blogthings. The least – keeping up with appearances, friendships / relationships with people who take a lot more than they give

3) How have your priorities evolved over time?

When I was younger, I prioritized having a lot of money and things. As I get older, those things don’t matter to me at all! I feel like if I can just keep what I have, I’ll be set 😉

Your Prioritize Principles
    (100% accurate and I’m proud of it.)

When making a big decision, you turn to the moral guidelines that you follow. You trust them to show you what’s right.
    Whether you’re religious or simply philosophical, you have an ethical framework that you’re serious about following.

When it comes to what’s right, you don’t think things are as gray as they seem. People just want to avoid doing what they need to do.
    It isn’t easy to behave ethically, and that’s why you put so much emphasis on it. You think people should be recognized more for upstanding behavior.

Those who don’t know you well may call you obstinate and inflexible, but little do they know how much flexibility your ideas about morality give you.
    By having a clear idea of what is right and wrong for you, you trust yourself to be adventurous and open. You know you’ll stick to your guns when you need to.

(For some reason, it doesn’t work to write my e-mail address below, but I’m moonstep1969/Monica.

I got principles too! I have to be honest and say that I wasn’t sure anyone else would relate to that result when I wrote it, so I’m glad someone did 🙂

P.S. If you can describe your login troubles to me, I (or Mr. Blogthings) will take a look at it. We are trying to make this blog better, so any technical feedback will help a lot 🙂