New Quiz: What’s Your Soul’s Secret?

six different desert pictures

What is your soul hiding?

Do you have parts of yourself that no one sees? I think we all do. And despite a lot of research saying that the more we reveal, the happier we are – I’m not sure I agree. Maybe it’s just how I was raised, but I’m skeptical of letting it all hang out. I think it’s good to have boundaries and privacy. I am definitely not one of those people who finds it easy to bare my soul, but maybe it would be better for me if I were a little more open about my fears and shortcomings 🙂 Who knows?

No matter what, I think too much secrecy can be a bad thing. When we keep too much to our selves, we start to feel ashamed of who we are. Everyone has things they rather change about themselves, and keeping them away from the world can make them seem even worse then they are. Often times, when we open up, we can’t believe how many experiences, thoughts, and feelings we all share. And there’s something powerful in knowing that your friends and family accept the true you.

With all this in mind, I set out a quiz to figure out what each of us may be keeping private.  What’s Your Soul’s Secret? This image quiz will tell you what you’re keeping from the world, why you’re keeping it a secret, and what might happen if you freed your secret a bit.

1. What do you get on What’s Your Soul’s Secret? Is it true for you?
  2. In general, do you feel like you reveal too much, too little, or the right amount?
  3. What common secret / feeling do you wish more people revealed?

P.S. Want the latest Blogthings first? Get notified of each week’s new quizzes by signing up for Blogthings Weekly!

21 thoughts on “New Quiz: What’s Your Soul’s Secret?

1. siennra

i suddenly stumbled across this quiz and the result surprised me.
    According to the quiz, vulnerability is my hidden secret, and that is true!
    I did not expect you to get through me 🙂

My close friends always say that I am too tough, and that I always try my best to drive off any negative feeling that comes to me 🙂
    The real me is easily scared, easily being worried about many things. I feel insecure and lose my confidence from time to time but I have developed a happy-go-lucky persona almost perfectly.
    Only those who are really close to me has ever seen the ‘real’ vulnerable me…

Thanks for the surprising result! 😀

Wow, that’s a great analysis, and it seems like this result really fits you. Thanks for sharing – I love it when a result is spot on for someone 🙂

2. Angeless

Most people don’t know much about you. You don’t share a lot about how you were raised or where you come from. You believe that the past is the past, and there’s no use reopening old wounds or reliving old glories.

You keep your past a secret because you don’t think it’s relevant. You don’t necessarily have anything to hide. You think it’s a bit self-absorbed to tell everyone your life story. If you’re asked, you give people a very abridged version of events.

If your past was less of a secret, you might be surprised how quickly you bond with people. You may have more in common with those around you than you realize. You don’t have to bear your soul or spill your guts to give people more context about where you come from and who you are. They probably want to know more about you!

Your Openness is Your Soul’s Secret

To most people, you sound sure of yourself and resolute. And while you are, you are open to changing your mind.
    You are so well spoken and persuasive that people can’t imagine you leave room for doubt. The truth is that you love second guessing yourself.

You keep your openness a secret, because you think flexibility should be a given. Of course you are open to better ideas and options.
    You prefer to present strong opinions and options. You are attracted to solid ideas, and you don’t feel like you need to present every alternative.

If your openness was less of a secret, you would probably confuse people. They aren’t prepared for the number of scenarios constantly going through your head.
    However, if you persisted, you might find someone as interested in dissecting and exploring possibilities as you are!

Sometimes I do reveal some parts, but I feel people didn’t notice and found me a little indecisive. I wish people would take me a little more seriously and paid more attention to those secrets. But I am very persuasive.

I think you have perfectly described the risks of openness. Some people view it as a weakness and take you less seriously, even if you’re open about things they secretly can relate to!

I got “Your Imagination is Your Soul’s Secret”, and…maybe it’s true. (But I’m a poor story-teller, and if I can’t shape the imagining into a coherent story, no one would want to read it!)

I think I probably reveal about the right about myself most of the time–with occasional bouts of TMI. 🙂

My first impulse was to say that it would be good for the world if people would let others know when they feel vulnerable, but there are too many around that would take advantage, so probably not. 🙁

That’s a good point about openness vs vulnerability. I think those of us who spend a lot of time online may be more aware of this balancing act than others.

5. moonstep1969

Love image quizzes. These were all so beautiful. I got Darkness as result, not accurate though – I have a partly dark edge at times, but am not hiding it – am actually quite proud of having it, as it gives me a sense of understanding the world. Pompous but true… The second best image gave a very accurate result, so I’ll settle for that one:

Your Imagination is Your Soul’s Secret

People may think they know you, but they have no idea. There’s so much going on in that head of yours.
    You have deep dreams and aspirations. And you rarely share them with others. You’ve got your own inner world going on.

You keep your imagination a secret because it is special to you. Having people know about it would ruin it.
    Your thoughts and ideas are your sanctuary. Keeping them private is key to making them a refuge.

If your imagination was less of a secret, you’d be surprised how receptive others are to your fantasies.
    You have the makings of a great writer or artist. The things you conjure up would appeal to many… not just you.

//Monica

My past is my soul’s secret and that much is true for me. However I feel as though I reveal just the right amount to my friends and not enough to my family. I guess thats why I’m more of myself around my friends than my family. Ive been through some things in my life that I would happily share with my best friend but wouldnt dare bring it to my mama’s attention. I wish people would reveal that they need love…because thats all people truly want…someone to love and someone to love them back unconditionally.

I think your experience is typical for a lot of us. It’s often easier to reveal more to our peers or friends than family 🙂 Thanks for sharing your thoughtful analysis!

7. Pingback: What’s Your Soul’s Secret? | My Daily Prompt Blog