Quiz: Are You Right or Left Brained?

brain full of thoughts

Do you use the left or right side of your brain more?

Do you remember when it was all the rage to talk about whether people were left brained or right brained? As a young girl, I remember my mom and aunt talking about the brain hemisphere test they had taken in a book. They were going through each person in our family and guessing whether that person was “right-brained” or “left-brained.” Even though I was still quite young, I was very intrigued by this test and begged my mom to let me take it. I did, and I ended up right down the middle. I was amazed by my result, and this was one of the first things that got me hooked on personality tests.

In case you’re not familiar with “left-brain right-brain theory,” it’s the idea that many of us have one dominant side of our brains that we operate with. This is not a scientific theory, but it’s something that people have surmised based on actual data about how the brain works. How much weight you put in it is up to you, but I know that some people (including myself) have seen it as an interesting way of typing people.

People who are right brain dominant tend to be better at creative and expressive tasks. Right-brained people are good at playing music, expressing emotions, working with color, dealing with images, and using their intuition. People who are left brain dominant tend to be better are logical, analytical, and verbal tasks. Left-brained people are good at critical thinking, reasoning, writing, and math.

So are you more right or left brain dominant? Take my quiz Are You Right or Left Brained? to find out where you fall on the brain hemisphere scale. This quiz is a bit long, but the tradeoff is a good amount accuracy…at least from what I’ve been told.

What did you get on Are You Right or Left Brained? Comment below and let me know. How true was your result for you?

34 thoughts on “Quiz: Are You Right or Left Brained?

1. Kurara Okumura

35% Left Brained, 65% Right Brained! Very accurate!! I’m a writer and language teacher in training, so creativity indeed is and always has been my forte. ^_^

2. Cute! :)

Mine is: 65% Right & 35% Left.
    and
    My fiance’s is the exact opposite: 65% Left & 35% Right.

Maybe that means we balance one another out, lol 😀

3. mstj

I’m 45 right 55 left interesting does this have to do with dexterity as well? If so, ill just note that im right handed and left eye dominant.

4. Annette

25% left brain, 75% right brain. Interesting result since my job is mostly logic…I do taxes and bookkeeping for a living. But I’m and artist for fun.

5. Christina

45% Left brained and 55% right brained

I am closer to my right brained in real and wow my results are almost balanced!

6. Aidan

What does it mean to be 50% left-brained and 50% right-brained? Also, I took two other quizzes that said I was left-brained, and this one said I was right down the middle.

I got 60% right, 40% left. Not too much of a surprise to me. Pretty similar to what I usually get, with a bit more of an emphasis on right. I’m a little more sloppy / inspired / etc these days 🙂

8. moonstep1969

I believe there’s some technical error in this quiz when bringing the result. I got 0% left-brained and 100% right-brained. All previous tests show I’m a mix of them, and I know that answering “organized desk”, “words” instead of pictures, and “tried and tested” are all typical left-brain answers.

Does anyone else here get a result that seems more accurate?

//Monica

You’re right! Something is up, and I think it happened when we redesigned the quiz a little recently. I can’t figure out the scoring problem, so I sent it over to Mr. Blogthings – I’ll get back to you once it’s fixed!

1. moonstep1969

No problems Blogthings – this can happen to anyone! Just re-took the quiz and got a result which seems very accurate, so here we go:

You Are 55% Left Brained, 45% Right Brained

The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
        Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
        If you’re left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
        Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
        Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
        If you’re right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
        Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.