Quiz: Are You An Extrovert or An Introvert?

blond woman sitting on a park bench reading and smiling

Are you more inward or outward focused?

I spend a lot of time thinking about extroversion and introversion. I don’t know about you, but I feel like I’m right down the middle for this trait. I suppose they call that an “ambivert.” I tend to be good at small talk and socializing, and I even can enjoy social events when I get into my groove. However, I am by no means a social butterfly, and at the end of any social event, I tend to crash pretty hard. I even do this with people I know well, except that the crash is less severe. I think when it comes down to it, I’m an introvert at heart – but I try to break out of my shell because I think it’s good for me.

I have read some studies that say extroverts are happier than introverts, and that’s probably the number one motivation I have for developing my extrovert side. However, I’ve also read that introverts are highly sensitive and find it easy to be overstimulated. This makes socializing tough for me – as I never have as much endurance as those around me. I feel like my current culture (American, and specifically, Texan) doesn’t have much love for introverts. We lack introvert acceptance, that’s for sure πŸ™‚

What about you? Have you thought about where you fall on the scale? Do you think it’s okay to be an introvert? I’m guessing that most people who read this blog have at least a bit of introversion going on. I could be wrong, but I think we introverts are really the ones who love self-reflection and psychology. So let’s take a little poll and find out:Β Are You An Extrovert or An Introvert?

Let me know what you get onΒ Are You An Extrovert or An Introvert?Β I’m curious to know who here is a big extrovert, or if more of you are ambiverts and full on introverts.

26 thoughts on “Quiz: Are You An Extrovert or An Introvert?

1. Olivia

You Are 0% Extrovert, 100% Introvert

You avoid people at all costs
    You aren’t one for social interaction
    And you limit your interaction to a select few
    Thank God for self checkout!

2. Tanya

I got 50/50. It pretty much sums me up pretty well. I am a bit reserved, but in the right settings, I feel right at home and become quite the social butterfly.

3. David Tucker

It’s curious that I am 50% introvert and 50% extravert. The test says that it’s a good balance. However, I would totally agree that our culkture had a significant impact on my communication skills. On one hand, we lack acceptance for introverts. On the other hand, revealing too much personal information is unwise. That’s why I choose the place somewhere in the middle)

I’m very comfortable in the middle as well. As I was telling Monica below, I hope to find a scale to make a richer introvert-extrovert test to pick up on these nuances πŸ™‚ Because I think we’re all extroverts and introverts in different ways – sometimes at the same time.

4. moonstep1969

Methinks that extroversion is a bit overrated, and introversion a bit underrated. Introverts have much more to give than they show the world, and that’s both intriguing and powerful. I actually bought the highly praised book “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking” by Susan Cain, however am only through the preface so far…

Both Mr. Blogthings (a hardcore introvert, clearly, you rarely see him on here!) and I read that book and loved it. I almost mentioned it in the blog post, in fact πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to hear what you think of it.

1. moonstep1969

Great to hear you can recommend it!! I discovered the book through an interview with Susan Cain in a Swedish daily. I shall remember to share reviews with you when I’ve read more of it than the preface itself. πŸ™‚

5. moonstep1969

You Are 50% Extrovert, 50% Introvert
    (sounds reasonable – am intense when being social, and intense when being introvert :DDD)

You’re a bit outgoing but also a bit reserved
    Like most people, you enjoy being social
    But you also value the time you have alone
    You have struck a good balance!

I think this is a common split! I’m looking for a richer introvert-extrovert scale to base a quiz off of, because I think there are a lot of nuances to ambiverts like us πŸ™‚

6. R-ji Rui

20% Extrovert and 80% Introvert

You are quite reserved
    You aren’t afraid of social situations…
    But you very much prefer to go it alone
    And why not? You’re your own best friend!

Yes! I think working from home happily is a good test. My more extroverted friends wonder how I can do it, while I wonder how they can get any work done in a noisy office.

You Are 10% Extrovert, 90% Introvert

You avoid people at all costs
    You aren’t one for social interaction
    And you limit your interaction to a select few
    Thank God for self checkout!

I do like to go to places with people sometimes (though I don’t interact with them). And being alone too long can be depressing or boring even for an introvert, especially touchy-feely introverts who like bonding.

8. MechanicalLoser

I got 30% extrovert, 70% introvert. I mostly agree, though I do think I’m a little more outgoing (probably because, like you were saying, I push myself to be). I am, however, addicted to my alone time, and if I don’t get it, I am grouchy and withdrawn. I figured I’d be on the introverted side of the scale, for sure. And I agree about Texans favoring extroverts. I’m from DFW myself (born and raised, lived in Austin a year for school). So I understand what you mean completely.

Oh good, I’m so glad someone knows where I’m coming from with Texas and extroverts. I will say that I do appreciate the extra friendliness down here though πŸ™‚