Quiz: What’s Your Personality Type?

picture of a guy split down the middle with two difference faces

When people ask me how I started Blogthings, I’m not really sure how far back I should go. Should I tell them that I noticed people posting quizzes on sites like LiveJournal and that I thought it would be fun to create some? Should I tell them about how I started building web sites as a teenager, and I always knew I wanted to publish content on the internet for the whole world to enjoy? Or should I tell them about how I started taking personality quizzes during middle school in magazines, and how I was hooked once I took my first serious one?

Well, in any case, you pretty much got the whole story right there. I’ve loved making web sites for a long time, and I’ve loved quizzes for even longer. I originally first started taking quizzes in magazines as a tween / young teen. My absolute favorite magazine for quizzes was Sassy magazine, because their quizzes were fun and interesting. Things like “Are you a cynic?” Later on in high school, I was introduced to the MBTI, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and I was hooked.

I wrote What’s Your Personality Type? as my own personal homage to the MBTI. It’s not an official test, but I like to think it’s quite accurate. If you’re looking to do a comprehensive personality inventory today, then What’s Your Personality Type? is the perfect test for you. It’s quite long, but I have a feeling that you will really like your results.

Go ahead and take What’s Your Personality Type? What’s your result? Is it accurate? If you’ve taken the MBTI before, I’d like to know if it matches up to your score. I’m just curious in general to see how the blog readers stack up with this test. Are we all similar or different? I’m guessing most of us are introverts and intuitive… let’s find out :-)

51 thoughts on “Quiz: What’s Your Personality Type?

1. Heidy

The Caregiver

You are sympathetic and caring, putting friends and family first.
    A creature of habit, you prefer routines and have trouble with change.
    You love being in groups – whether you’re helping people or working on a project.
    You are good at listening, laughing, and bringing out the best in people.

In love, you value harmony and mutual understanding.
    You will apologize or give someone the benefit of the doubt, if it means getting over a fight sooner.

At work, you are good at building relationships and connecting with people.
    You would make a great nurse, social worker, or teacher.

How you see yourself: Organized, dependable, co-operative

When other people don’t get you, they see you as: Opinionated, critical, and know-it-all

2. Tiffany

You are an INFJ
    The Protector

You live your life with integrity, originality, vision, and creativity.- Definitely
    Independent and stubborn, you rarely stray from your vision – no matter what it is.- Bingo!
    You are an excellent listener with almost infinite patience.- For sure, but I’ll admit, I do have my moments.
    You have complex feelings, and you take great care to express them.- Totally, I always say I am like a 3D jigsaw puzzle.

In love, you see relationships as an opportunity to connect and grow.- Mmhmm
    You enjoy relationships when they are improving and changing. You can’t stand stagnation.- I like to think so.

At work, you stay motivated and happy… as long as you are working toward a dream you support.- For sure, I hate wasting my time.
    You would make a great photographer, alternative medicine guru, or teacher.- Interesting, seeing how I want to be in the arts and teach it.

How you see yourself: Hardworking, ethical, and helpful- Check!

When other people don’t get you, they see you as: Manipulative, weak, and unstable- Not to mention just plain confusing. I’ll admit it too, one of my cons is that I can be manipulative.

On a side note, I get INFJ all the time, so there’s no doubt. I like the fact that this is the rarest type too hehe.

3. Laura

The Giver

You strive to maintain harmony in relationships, and you usually succeed.–Yes.
    Articulate and enthusiastic, you are good at making personal connections.–Yes.
    Sometimes you idealize relationships too much – and end up being let down.–Guilty.
    You find the most energy and comfort in social situations … where you shine.–Social. interactions tend to energize me.

In love, you are very protective and supporting.–Yes.
    However, you do need to “feel special” – and it’s quite easy for you to get jealous.–True.

At work, you are a natural leader. You can help people discover their greatest potential.
    You would make a good writer, human resources director, or psychologist.– I’m not sure if I’m a natural leader at work, but I’m young, so that probably affects my leadership capabilities.

How you see yourself: Trusting, idealistic, and expressive–I would describe myself as empathetic, creative, and idealistic. But I am trusting and expressive.

When other people don’t get you, they see you as: Bossy, inappropriate, and loud.–Some people say I’m loud. Those people are family and close friends though. My coworkers and classmates think I’m reserved. I think most people who don’t get me think I’m overly analytical, weird, and weak.

You Are An INFJ

Protector

You live your life with integrity, originality, vision, and creativity.
    You are an excellent listener with almost infinite patience.
    You have complex feelings, and you take great care to express them.

In love, you see relationships as an opportunity to connect and grow.

You would make a great photographer, alternative medicine guru, or teacher.

How you see yourself: Hardworking, ethical, and helpful

Always INFJ! Creative and logical? Complex? “Motivated and happy”? Totally me!

INFP
    The Idealist

You are a creative person with a great imagination. You enjoy living in your own inner world.
    Open minded and accepting, you strive for harmony in your important relationships.
    It takes a long time for people to get to know you. You are hesitant to let people get close to you.
    But once you care for someone, you do everything you can to help them grow and develop.

In love, you tend to have high (and often unrealistic) standards.
    You are very sensitive. You tend to have intense feelings.

At work, you need to do something that expresses your personal values.
    You would make an excellent writer, psychologist, or artist.

How you see yourself: Unselfish, empathetic, and spiritual

When other people don’t get you, they see you as: Unrealistic, naive, and weak

ENFP
    The Inspirer

You love being around people, and you are deeply committed to your friends.
    You are also unconventional, irreverent, and unimpressed by authority.
    Incredibly perceptive, you can usually sense if someone has hidden motives.
    You use lots of colorful language and expressions. You’re quite the storyteller!

In love, you are quite the charmer. And you are definitely willing to risk your heart.
    You often don’t follow through with your flirting or professed feelings. You break a lot of hearts.

At work, you are driven but not a workaholic. You just always seem to enjoy what you do.
    You would make an excellent entrepreneur, politician, or journalist.

How you see yourself: compassionate, unselfish, and understanding

When other people don’t get you, they see you as: gushy, emotional, and unfocused

7. rida

You are calm and collected, even in the most difficult of situations.
    A person of action and self-direction, you love being independent.
    You seem impulsive, surprising, and unpredictable to outsiders.
    You are good at understanding how all things work, except for people.

In love, you tend to be very easy going and flexible.
    The only thing you can’t stand for is someone trying to change you or your life.

At work, you can stay completely calm under pressure. You handle stress well.
    You would make an excellent pilot, forensic pathologist, or athlete.

How you see yourself: Logical, flexible, and unconventional

When other people don’t get you, they see you as: Indecisive, flippant, and disrespectful
    its good to know:P

8. johnny

you are an INFJ
    The Protector

You live your life with integrity, originality, vision, and creativity.
    You are an excellent listener with almost infinite patience.
    You have complex feelings, and you take great care to express them.

In love, you see relationships as an opportunity to connect and grow.

You would make a great photographer, alternative medicine guru, or teacher.

How you see yourself: Hardworking, ethical, and helpful

9. InsertNameHere

The Doer

You are adventurous and risk taking. You act first, think second.
    You love being the center of attention. You were probably the class clown.
    Competitive, charming, and charismatic – you have your own code of honor.
    You live a flexible life, bouncing between a series of activities that interest you.

In love, you are a master seducer… and quite manipulative when you want to be.
    If someone loves you, you’ll only believe their actions. Words don’t mean a whole lot to you.

At work, you are a “people person.” You’re especially good at getting people to do what you want.
    You would make a great salesperson, marketing director, or entrepreneur.

How you see yourself: Reasonable, proficient, and tough

How other people see you: Flaky, unrealistic, and untrustworthy

~Totally me :)

10. Rainy

Ummm…. wow. It forgot to mention I am very sensitive and put myself in others shoes frequently. Instead, it called me robotic, though I am the closest girl to SpongeBob I know. I guess I hide my true feelings. Feelings of love and pain. Feelings of fear and cowardly acts. Feelings of courage confidence in the worst of situations. Oh well.

Awww, it’s definitely challenging to be empathetic, and I don’t think normal people know how much we empaths care. I think it’s a good way to be though, despite how hard it is :-)

11. Jessica

The Idealist

In love, you tend to have high (and often unrealistic) standards.
    You are very sensitive. You tend to have intense feelings.

At work, you need to do something that expresses your personal values.
    You would make an excellent writer, psychologist, or artist.

How you see yourself: Unselfish, empathetic, and spiritual

When other people don’t get you, they see you as: Unrealistic, naive, and weak

– I think this was pretty accurate for me :3 I’ve always been told I’m creative/is good at art, etc.

You Are An INTJ
    The Scientist

You have a head for ideas – and you are good at improving systems.
    Logical and strategic, you prefer for everything in your life to be organized.
    You tend to be a bit skeptical. You’re both critical of yourself and of others.
    Independent and stubborn, you tend to only befriend those who are a lot like you.

In love, you are always striving to improve your relationship.
    You have strong ideas of what love should be like.

At work, you excel in figuring out difficult tasks. People think of you as “the brain.”
    You would make an excellent scientist, engineer, or programmer.

How you see yourself: Reasonable, knowledgeable, and competent

When other people don’t get you, they see you as: Aloof, controlling, and insensitive

13. moonstep1969

You Are An ISFJ

The Nurturer

You have a strong need to belong, and you very loyal.
    A good listener, you excel at helping others in practical ways.
    In your spare time, you enjoy engaging your senses through art, cooking, and music.
    You find it easy to be devoted to one person… a partner who you do special things for.

In love, you express your emotions through actions.
    Taking care of someone is how you love them. And you do it well!

At work, you do well in a structured environment. You complete tasks well and on time.
    You would make a good interior designer, chef, or child psychologist.

How you see yourself: Competent, dependable, and detail oriented

When other people don’t get you, they see you as: Boring, dominant, and stuck in a rut

I can see the nurturing side for sure. Even through the distance of the internet, it’s clear you are a very compassionate human being :-)

14. julie

I love the fact that my results said i would make a good child psychologist, as this is something I would have loved to have been. Maybe in the next life….!

15. Alina

You Are An ISFJ

The Nurturer

You have a strong need to belong, and you very loyal.
    A good listener, you excel at helping others in practical ways.

In love, you express your emotions through actions.
    Taking care of someone is how you love them. And you do it well!

You would make a good interior designer, chef, or child psychologist.

How you see yourself: Competent, dependable, and detail oriented

You Are An ISTP

The Mechanic

You are calm and collected, even in the most difficult of situations.
    A person of action and self-direction, you love being independent.
    You seem impulsive, surprising, and unpredictable to outsiders.
    You are good at understanding how all things work, except for people.

In love, you tend to be very easy going and flexible.

At work, you can stay completely calm under pressure. You handle stress well.
    You would make an excellent pilot, forensic pathologist, or athlete.

How you see yourself: Logical, flexible, and unconventional