Friday Five: Movie Edition

three women watching a movie together on the bed

Do you like movies? Answer the Friday Five!

Hey, happy Friday! TGIF πŸ™‚ It’s time for the Friday Five. I thought it would be fun to do a movie themed set of questions this week. Every year around this time, I start to feel very excited about movies. Something about awards season, all the glamour, all the great movies… I love it. I hope you like movies as much as I do… and if you do, I have the Friday Five for you. I’m doing five movie themed quizzes and giving away a $10 iTunes gift card, which you can use for anything on iTunes – including renting a couple movies.

Just answer my Friday Five questions below. Don’t forget to enter some sort of contact information for yourself! I need at least an email address, Twitter account, or Facebook account. Each person who comments below today will be automatically entered in the randomly drawn gift card contest. This week I’m giving away an iTunes $10 gift card to the randomly chosen winner, both courtesy ofΒ Swagbucks. (SwagbucksΒ isΒ an entertaining and easy place to earn free gift cards that I am obsessed with.) If you don’t want to enter but still want to comment, just say that somewhere in your comment.

So, here are the Friday Five questions for this week. Simply answer below in a comment πŸ™‚

Friday Five –Β Movie Edition

1. Who is your favorite actress?
  2. Who is your favorite actor?
  3. What was the last great movie you saw?
  4. How do you prefer to watch movies? At the theater? At home on DVD? On your computer with Netflix?
  5. What Kind of Movie Should You Watch Tonight?Β Take the quiz and share your result. Is it true?

40 thoughts on “Friday Five: Movie Edition

1. Juri Kane

1- Meryl Streep
    2- Liam Neeson
    3-The Avengers
    4- On Netflix i dont like going out lol
    5- I got Action Movies which is funny because i dont like much action movies doh but it was ok ;D

2. Rebecca

1. Felicia Day
    2. John deLancie
    3. I’m watching Titan AE at the moment, one of my all-time favorite movies.
    4. I watch movies at home, mostly on my computer because my DVD player died.
    5. It says I should watch a romance movie…which explains why my movie night tonight consists of Treasure Planet and Titan AE. πŸ˜‰

3. Jill

1. Marilyn Monroe
    2. John Cusack
    3. Ruby Sparks (Very good, I recommend it to anyone who likes indie movies and thinkers.)
    4. At home, I usually rent from Blockbuster, RedBox, or Netflix.
    5. I got ‘Drama.’ I am thoughtful, philosophical and introspective! Spot on.

4. Maureen Curran

1: Jennifer Garner
    2: Harrison Ford
    3: The Dark Knight Rises (I’m a HUGE Batman fan!)
    4: I love to go to the movies, but I normally rent a movie, either through Redbox or off my cable box to save money
    5: My result was an action movie! It’s totally true because I was wishing I had The Dark Knight Rises here but I left it at my in laws house =\

5. Brittany Barney

1. Jennifer Aniston or Jennifer Lawrence
    2. Robert Downey Jr
    3. The Green Mile. Haven’t seen anything in the theaters recently.
    4. Theater, then at home on DVD or Bluray.
    5. Drama

6. Crystal

Who is your favorite actress?
    Kate Winslet

Who is your favorite actor?
    Johnny Depp

What was the last great movie you saw?
    I let my boyfriend talk me into renting the new Total Recall the other night – turns out it was really quite good!

I would prefer the theater but there isn’t one in my town anymore so – at home on DVD!

What Kind of Movie Should You Watch Tonight? Take the quiz and share your result. Is it true?
    My result was Romance….not sure if that’s what I’m feeling like tonight!

That’s interesting about the new Total Recall! I was a fan of the old one, but I have been going back and forth about renting the new one. I’ll have to check it out πŸ™‚

7. Maureen

1. Living: Cate Blanchett, of all time: Katherine Hepburn
    2. Living: Sir Ian McKellan of all time: Cary Grant
    3.The Fall
    4. As much as I love the big screen, it doesn’t fit in my budget these days. So: on Netflix
    5. I should watch: a fantasy movie. Yes! πŸ™‚

8. Genn Pinky

1. Sandra Bullock
    2. Robert Downstairs Jr.
    3. The Avengers
    4. At the theatre and at home on DVD with Netflix
    5. I’m going to watch my Friday fav tv show “The Dead Files” and “Ghost Adventures” and get comfy and cozy on my couch. Too cold for me to go out tonight to watch the Hobbit movie. lol
    I like to watch paranormal show. Action movies, fanatasy and comedies are also my fav movies to watch. πŸ™‚

Happy Weekend! πŸ™‚

9. Meg Sullivan

1. right now anne hathaway or maybe emma stone…
    2.hugh jackman, ryan goslin are the one that jump out at me now
    3. i thought le mis was great, and also gangster squad (i know total opposite genres, but both entertaining!)
    4. it depends on my mood, and if i’m going out with friends, or having been anticipating a movie coming out for long time, then the theatre is fun!if im catching up on movies i havent had the chance to see, or re-watching a favorite, then i use my apple-tv to get movies i dont already own (plus no late fees or forgetting to return the dvd to Netflix or redbox!)
    5. You Should Watch an Action Movie Tonight; sounds perfect! but it will be on my AppleTv from the couch! πŸ™‚

10. Mallory Sommerfeld (@MalloryAlyssa)

Who is your favorite actress? Jennifer Lawrence
    Who is your favorite actor? Paul Rudd
    What was the last great movie you saw? Les Miserables
    How do you prefer to watch movies? theater, I love the big screen and the movie theatre popcorn!
    What Kind of Movie Should You Watch Tonight? drama- eh not that true and I’d rather watch a comedy tonight!

Who is your favorite actress? Reese Witherspoon
    Who is your favorite actor? Sam Rockwell
    What was the last great movie you saw? Life of Pi
    How do you prefer to watch movies? At the theater? At home on DVD? On your computer with Netflix? Theater
    What Kind of Movie Should You Watch Tonight? Share your result. Is it true? Fantasy. Absolutely true.

1 & 2: Right now, or all time? For right now–Come to think of it, I don’t have a favorite actress. And for favorite actor, Benedict Cumberbatch. πŸ™‚

3: Last great movie–Helvetica leaps to mind. (I admit I have a special interest, but I think it’s surprisingly fascinating.)

4: I prefer at home, on DVD–theaters are cramped and noisy, and you can’t pause the film in the middle!

5: I got “You Should Watch a Drama”. I love dramas, definitely, but I think I’d rather watch an old musical tonight, or something equally escapist!

I am a big at home movie watcher as well… I like my experience to be quiet, and my snacks are better πŸ™‚

Oooh, are you a Sherlock watcher by any chance? I am also a big fan Benedict Cumberbatch!

13. julie

Dustin Hoffman. Meryl Streep. My favorite actor and actress. best film most recently watched is Julie and Julia. I prefer watching films at home, although I love the theatre. Prefer drama, as not many good comedy’s around.

14. moonstep1969

1. Helen Mirren
    2. Tom Hanks
    3. “The Intouchables”.
    4. At the cinema.
    5. You Should Watch a Drama

You are thoughtful, philosophical, and introspective. People fascinate you.
    You crave drama in everyday life, and it’s probably better for you to sometimes get it from a movie!

You’re the type of person who can talk for hours, and you never mind a movie that’s heavy on the dialog.
    You analyze every aspect of your life, and you like a movie to provoke you a bit. You rather be disturbed than feel nothing.

15. Ineta

1. Renee Zellweger.
    2. Ashton Kutcher.
    3. Daddy day care (I recommend :D).
    4. Theater (although i don’t go there very often).
    5. I got “Comedy” (it’s my favorite genre as you can guess : D) and the result i got describes me perfectly!

Now that I think about it maybe the other parts of the enneagram should be included as well (characteristic role ego fixation temptation vice/passion and virtue all being in separate quizzes of course). I got all of this off of ennegram of personality on wikipedia.

1. N/A
    2. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    3. Terminator 2
    4. Theatre (but I like doing the other 2 as well)
    5. You Should Watch a Horror Movie

Who is your favorite actress?

Alexis Bledel

Who is your favorite actor?

Robert Downey Jr.

What was the last great movie you saw?

This is 40