Quiz: What Kind of Intelligence Do You Have?

blackboard with math equation

What kind of smart are you?

I don’t know about you, but I find most intelligence tests to be annoying. They’re competitive, difficult, and frustrating. I don’t like all the score comparing that goes on when someone takes the SAT, GRE, LSAT, or an IQ test. I’ve taken all of these, and since my score wasn’t “perfect,” I fretted over what I got compared to other people. Ugh! It’s not a good feeling.

So I felt pretty bad about intelligence tests in general until I stumbled upon the theory of multiple intelligence. It’s a theory developed by Howard Gardner suggesting that there are different ways of being learning, performing, remembering, and understanding. It doesn’t mean you’re not smart just because you don’t excel in a certain way or on a certain test. I don’t know how accurate it is scientifically, but I like that idea that we are all intelligent in unique ways.

I was so inspired by this theory that I had to write a quiz about it. (Of course!) Don’t worry if you’ve hated intelligence tests in the past… I have a feeling that you’re really going to like this one. Here it is: What Kind of Intelligence Do You Have? The paradigms of general intelligence I included in What Kind of Intelligence Do You Have? are:  spatial, linguistic, logical-mathematical, bodily-kinesthetic, musical, interpersonal, and intrapersonal. I have recently learned of another paradigm, naturalistic, that represents how well you understand nature and your surroundings. I can imagine adding that one to my quiz on day.

Please take What Kind of Intelligence Do You Have?, and let me know what you get. Is is true fore you? I’m also curious to hear about your own theories of intelligence. Do you think that people are smart in different ways? How do you feel about tests like the SAT and GRE?

19 thoughts on “Quiz: What Kind of Intelligence Do You Have?

1. savannah saiz

I hate and like intelligence tests I hate that they think they can figure me out when all reality they don’t know me but I also don’t like weakness and would like to know my weak and strong spots

2. Abbey

Your Dominant Intelligence is Spatial Intelligence….

Im a girl who puts her head in the clouds and draws a picture what i am expressing myself. I have great ideas though that put pictures through my head.. when i drew them, people can see whats on my mind.

3. Stephanie Guess

Your Dominant Intelligence is Linguistic Intelligence

I admit my love of words. My father told me, at age 15, I’d make a great lawyer. I’ve always wanted to write something, meaningful to a lot of people, but I don’t know that I ever will. I have found that I do enjoy teaching if the student is interested in learning, but otherwise it can be frustrating for me.

I think my results were fairly accurate.

I like the test, itself, it was short, easy to understand, and very different from others I’ve taken.

4. Vani B.

According to my results, my dominant intelligence is musical intelligence… and the results are very spot on, including the part about getting distracted easily by sounds. When I’m in the middle of saying something, I tend to trail off because I hear a song I recognize. I tend to learn more from musical experiences than anything else, even with something as simple as just listening to a favorite CD… that is mainly how I learned about harmonies by listening to vocal groups, and also how I learned some of my Spanish and stayed fluent for a number of years.

5. Owl

Linguistic Intelligence. I agree that there are different types of intelligence. Each of us have natural intelligence, whether we know it or not. I’ve taken a similar test before and got the same result. It’s good to be reassured as I’m thinking about a change in major. I did my undergrad in maths and am now seriously considering going for MA English. I realised I would love to teach English rather than Maths. All I’m sure of is, I’d love to do something related to languages/reading for a living.

Logical mathematical. Sat and other standardized tests are more than easy. (Got 2300+ first time by self studying two weeks). However, I cannot write a good story, draw, debate, etc to save my life.

7. Nirvana Rawal

i got linguistic intelligence..and this is true
    if the result is correct, i would definitely want to succeed in becoming a good lawyer

8. Alina

I got linguistic intelligence, so true! (At least I hope it is..)
    intelligence is not linked to being a good student IMO. From my experience, highly intelligent people have quite the issue with themselves and life, while others, less intelligent if you can call it that, just happen to be good at studying and memorising things. Not necessarily a sign of being a genius, so yeah. That’s where my rant stops (even though I could go on and on and on.. :D)

Greetings from Cologne, Germany!
    x

Also I am curious about the world and I don’t do experiments (at least not like a scientist), and I try to make sense of things but often stop when I get bored, tired, or frustrated/stressed.

Your Dominant Intelligence is Spatial Intelligence

You’ve got a good sense of space and how the world around you looks.
    You can close your eyes and “see” images. You have innate artistic talent.
    An eye for color and shapes, you’re also a natural designer.
    Since you think in pictures, visual aids and demonstrations help you learn best.

You would make a good navigator, sculptor, visual artist, inventor, architect, interior designer, or engineer.

I wonder what type(s) intelligence is required for game design, cause I want to be involved in making games.

I would say a mix of spacial and logical, depending on what you want to do. If you’re focused on design (as opposed to programming), than spacial for sure 🙂