New Quiz: What Scent Are You?

single purple flower in nature

What scent draws you in?

Are you the type of person who is super attuned to scents? I think scents are really fascinating, and I’m starting to be interested in the psychology of aromatherapy. Isn’t it amazing how a particular scent can make us feel happy, calm, or nostalgic. Scent is very powerful, and I think the types of scent a person is attracted to says a lot about him or her. I have noticed that people seem to automatically pick scents that match their personalities quite well.

There is a lot of research being done about the therapeutic benefits of scents, and I’m apt to believe it. Being in an area with a terrible scent can be such a downer. On the other hand, when I enter an area that smells nice (all time favorite smell: the exotic, subtle floral scent of the Venetian casino in Las Vegas – what do they do to make it smell so good?), I immediately feel more optimistic and serene. Ah, the power of scent!

I am still discovering what sort of scents I like. One thing I know for sure is that I like scents that are light and more natural. I love lavender, vanilla,  citrus, and even something like mint. I think heavier scents are nice in theory, but I never feel too comfortable wearing them. And of course, there’s nothing worse than being around someone in public who’s put a little too much scent on.

What about you? Does scent play a big part in your life? Is your home filled with scents you love? If so, my latest quiz is for you: What Scent Are You?

Take What Scent Are You?, and let me know what you get. I’m also curious – what are some of your favorite scents? How do you incorporate your favorite scents into your life?

21 thoughts on “New Quiz: What Scent Are You?

1. Christina

Your Scent is Exotic and Captivating

Post it now!

You are delightfully unique, and your scent is as one-of-a-kind as you are.
    The scents you choose tend to be fun, varied, and inviting. You love discovering new scents.

You are adventurous and outgoing. You’re hard to predict, and people love your spontaneity.
    Your power scents are jasmine, passionfruit, and lotus flower.

2. cherie

This was fun! Your quiz says I’m Classic & Sophisticated – and do love honeysuckle, white musk, don’t know about white pepper. I thought the quiz would show me to be Free Spirit. My favorites scents, at age 65, are anything by Couture, Juicey, Get so many compliments, even from strangers. Do enjoy switching with my mood. Use more deeply exotic tones during colder months. Once tried Obsession bath oil, and it’s heaviness gave me migraines.
    Decades ago, loved wearing a fragrance by Helena Rubenstein, Herbalessance, which, to me, smelled like Christmas. Men (again, strangers) would ask me what I was wearing, so they could buy it for their wives, girl friends. Magi’Noir is one I like to wear at night.
    In love with fragrances!

Love your response! It sounds like you are an expert at picking out fragrances. I also used to love Obsession, but I agree, a little too heavy for my tastes 🙂

I got “fresh and youthful”–the light, clean, and natural bit is very true! I do like very clean, natural scents.

(Unfortunately, I’ve yet to find a perfume that doesn’t react badly with my body chemistry. So I don’t use any, and stick to nice-smelling shampoos! :))

Good point about body chemistry! I’m always so surprised how something I sample actually smells on me. Sort of like lipstick 🙂

4. julie

Eau de issey is my favorite scent. It’s supposed to capture the freshness of spring rain, I believe, so that would fit my result. I got the natural, youthful scent for my answer.

5. Ivan

Onbelivable but truth… 😀

You’re a total free spirit with a ton of energy. You are the type most likely to mix scents.
    And depending on your mood, you may put on a bit much. You have been known to be excessive.

You are even a bit of a hippie, but you are definitely more “hippie chic” than “hippie chick.”
    Your power scents are pear, cranberry, and amber.

I got exotic for this one, and I think it’s mostly true. I like a light and natural scent – so I’m going to say exotic but natural… like jasmine.

7. moonstep1969

Your Scent is Classic and Sophisticated
    (As long as we’re not talking about Guerlain’s Shalimar, I agree to that.)

You are timeless in every way, and that includes your scent. You always smell good.
    The scents you choose tend to be appropriate to the occasion and strong – but not overwhelming.

You carry yourself with grace and class. You are dazzling and different enough to make an impression.
    The scents that fit you best are white pepper, musk, and honeysuckle.

Comment: Never wear perfume/scents at work nowadays, after some people complained about it due to allergies and over-sensity. Only wear a scent sometimes when off duty.

My absolute fave scent is Kenzo’s “Ca sent beau”. (Not sure it’s for sale nowadays – hasn’t been in Swedish stores for years. I gotta check online. (Thanks Blogthings for reminding me! :-))

Giorgio Beverly Hills comes 2nd… Only available abroad nowadays, though.

I love the smell of classic scents, even if I don’t wear them often. Giorgio Beverly Hills is also a favorite of mine.

I agree about scents being good for off time. It’s actually getting more and more common where I live for them to be banned at yoga, in certain restaurants, etc. I similarly won’t wear one on an airplane, since the space is so confined.

But if I’m just running errands or especially if I’m going to be outside, I love to spritz a little something 🙂

Onbelivable but truth… 😀

Your power scents are pear, cranberry, and amber.