Friday Five: Goodbye to 2012

Celebratory confetti surrounding the numbers 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello! This week we’re saying goodbye to 2012 with our Friday Five. I thought this would be a nice time to reflect on the year that’s almost past as well as the year to come. I hope you agree πŸ™‚

Please answer my Friday Five questions below. Each person who comments below today will be automatically entered in the gift card contest. This week I’m giving away an Amazon.com $5 gift card and a Starbucks $5 gift card to the randomly chosen winner, both courtesy ofΒ Swagbucks. (SwagbucksΒ isΒ an easy place to earn free gift cards that I LOVE.) If you don’t want to enter but still want to comment, simply state that somewhere in your comment.

Here are the Friday Five questions for this week. Simply answer below in a comment. And, of course, have a happy new year!

Friday Five – Goodbye to 2012

1. What was the highlight of 2012 for you?
  2. If you had to sum up 2012 in one word, what would it be?
  3. How do you plan on ringing in the new year?
  4. Do you make New Year’s resolutions?
  5. What would you most like to change in 2013?

18 thoughts on “Friday Five: Goodbye to 2012

1. Joanna Ka Wai Wong

1. Understanding more about mental health issues. (I know this sounds weird, but it’s true! )
    2. Sisyphus (Greek myth guy “doomed” to roll a great boulder up to top of hill forever); or if I can use a phrase, learning from regrets.
    3. At home with my family, as usual. But now that you’ve asked, I kinda want to add in something special to that.
    4. Only vague ones, because a) I don’t want to end up disappointing myself every year, and b) which actually means I never really gotten around to do the SMART goal-setting thing.
    5. Deal with my procrastination issues by cutting back on my internet addiction. [Sounds like a specific New Year’s resolution, but not specific enough in terms of SMART goal-setting.]

2. Dyvonne

1. What was the highlight of 2012 for you?
    There are too many to choose.

2. If you had to sum up 2012 in one world, what would it be?
    Yellow.

3.How do you plan on ringing in the new year?
    I’m gonna try to get some friends together. Who’s ready to go buck wild?!

4. Do you make New Year’s resolutions?
    I don’t even bother.

5. What would you most like to change in 2013?
    My nonexistent romantic relationship.

3. Christina

1 – Thinking that I was finally going to be married (got engaged)
    2 – Disaster (engagement ended)
    3- At home with family and friends
    4- No never
    5 – My relationship status hahaha (Actually I would love to have peace within myself)

4. Amy Camorote

1) Going to a baseball game
    2) definitely stressful
    3) at home with family
    4) sometimes
    5) to be more productive and get back to losing weight.

1) Taking one niece to see Romeo and Juliet performed by the ABT and another to see Stomp–seeing them so entranced was the best!

2) Stressful

3) T’ai chi class, yay! And then home. πŸ™‚

4) Nope! (Although I do tend to renew efforts around then–it’s a quiet time in the publishing world so I have space to tidy up, so to speak.)

5) Get my business back on track, one way or another.

(I would LOVE an Amazon Gift Card, but if I win, keep the Starbucks card for your own treat! :))

1. Kari Sullivan

I love your highlight! Very jealous of anyone I know who is an aunt or uncle. Someone needs to hurry up and make me an aunt already.

Best of luck with your business in 2013, and thanks for being a part of Blogthings this year πŸ™‚

1) Spending time with the people I care about most, especially those I don’t see often.

2) Busy! I felt like I wasn’t making progress on my goals, but when I look back, I believe I did πŸ™‚

3) With some friends at a local year end comedy show. I’m hoping to go to a coffee shop that has holiday lights afterwards.

4) Sometimes – I try to more set the tone in my mind for the upcoming year. I think for me, 2013 is going to be a year of building.

5) Fix some things in my house. Work full time on Blogthings. Say yes to more social invitations πŸ™‚