The Central Park Test

There’s nothing that makes me feel cozier in the winter than thinking about Central Park. I love it for all seasons, and it’s one of my favorite places in the world. I actually have a beautiful poster of Central Park in the winter from 1961 in my writing nook. (That’s right – no desk for me! I have a comfy nook I write from.) I’m sure that this poster originally inspired me to write down this quiz idea, but in truth, I’ve been obsessing over Central Park since I was a kid.

I think Central Park is alluring to me because it’s a little oasis in the city. You see, I’m a city person at heart … but not too much of one. I love to be in the city most of the time, but if I don’t see enough nature, I go crazy. And this isn’t just theoretical. When I’ve spent time in infamous “concrete jungle” cities, I’ve been very bummed out by the lack of green.

So Central Park fulfills a fantasy for me. It makes me able to imagine a life as a total city girl – with an escape hatch. Oh, what I wouldn’t give for one of those wonderful apartments overlooking the park. Heck, I’d even take a studio within walking distance.

I decided it would be fun to dedicate an image quiz to Central Park, and I hunted down the most beautiful Central Park images by indie photographers that I could find. (Don’t worry – as always the artists are always compensated for being featured on Blogthings!) Anyway, I hope you have as much fun taking this quiz as I did writing it: The Central Park Test

Comment and let me know how you liked this one. Did it describe you well? Are you as big of as Central Park fan as I am?

12 thoughts on “The Central Park Test

1. Lydia

I loved this one (I enjoy so many of the quizzes). Central Park holds special memories for me and I had to give it some real thought in my selection. Turned out that I def picked the one that pretty much describes me perfectly!
    _______________________________
    You Are Deeply Thoughtful

You believe that there’s an interesting story behind everything and everyone. And you’re fascinated by these stories.
    You think a lot about the past. You believe that history has a lot to teach us.

You are original and expressive. You can make poetry out of anything.
    You are a spiritual soul who sees into the future. You are also good at interpreting dreams.

You Are Colorfully Introspective

You are tolerant, flexible, and open to new ideas. You are likely to have many “best friends” from many walks of life.
    You love the world and all its many colors. You don’t just celebrate differences – you require them.

You always take at least a few moments during the day to check in with yourself. Reflection is important.
    You are a stickler for integrity and authenticity. You think people just should be who they are.

Seems like me (for the most part).

3. Anna

You Are Intensely Ambitious

“You have large ambitions, and you always have your eyes on your goal. You know how to motivate yourself.”

My goal is always on my horizon. I wouldn’t say I motivate myself, but I have a few special people who keep me motivated.

“When you want something, you can become very focused. You have an obsessive streak that’s difficult to shake.”

Yes! I wish I could be in these moods more often; they’re awesome, but mentally draining.

“You love surprising people and defying expectations. It’s great to see the shock on someone’s face.”

I do love surprising people, and I’ll bend over backwards for anyone, but I’m trying not to be dependent on others’ approval.

“You crave excitement and thrills. You are driven by your passion.”

I’m very driven at times, but less often than I’d like.

Good analysis, as usual 🙂 I agree about obsessive moods. I wish I could have them for the focus, but they are SO draining. I’m trying to find some middle ground with that.

4. Amelia

This has got to be one of my most favorite write ups yet. LOVE IT!!!

Good job!!!

5. Tara

“You are broad minded:

You are a true generalist. You are very engaged with and fascinated by the world.
    Since you know so much, you make for an interesting conversationalist. You can outwit almost anyone and have fun doing it.

You tend to be understated and under appreciated. No one really knows the true you. You see yourself as creative, fair, and tough-minded. You don’t like to pull out the big guns, but you can!”
    ———————————————————————–
    Having fun out-witting people…tough-minded…able to pull out the “big guns…” Huh, alright then, lol. Those don’t really hit the nail too well, lol, but I am very fascinated with many aspects of the world. I picked that image because of all the bright colors and the water (plus fall is one of my favorite seasons).

I haven’t seen that much of Central Park. I’ve only been there once and saw a very small section of it. But what there is so much going on there I would love to explore it more!

I love fall too! I miss a proper fall now that I live in Texas 🙂

I haven’t seen much of Central Park in person, and I totally agree. Much exploring needs to be done!

6. Erica

You Are Philosophically Artistic

It’s easy for you to get lost in your mind. You think amazing thoughts.
    You’re a bit of an introvert, but you’re never lonely. You know how to entertain yourself.

You see so much depth in every corner of the world. It’s all fascinating to you.
    You like esoteric things, and you are attracted to people who are a little outside the mainstream.

—-

Wow, this describes me perfectly! 😀 Especially the part about being introverted but still able to entertain myself.